• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dolphin - Emulating Wii and Gamecube Games

JADS

WEGGLES

JADS said:
Shouldn't really be that difficult to get the game running. I never finished my play through, but a quick search on the Dolphin forums shows that the game should run but music still loops incorrectly and there is no Microphone support at the moment. The default performance settings guide should work fine with the game.

VivaciousSoul said:

Excellent.

Can't wait to replay this.

I still have my gamecube, but I don't have enough places to set it up on my TV.

I know what I'm doing when I finish work today :D

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
EVH said:
Holy fuck, Nintendo should implement Dolphin emulator in Wii2 only to enjoy this.
tl6p3hfxq.gif

sajj316

Cuban Legend said:
Holy shit I agree, just like they implemented the Gamecube emulator in the Wii!

:)

Well if they go Flipper->Hollywood->?? (similar GPU), I'm sure the hardware will be able to achieve full BC w/ up-scaling and improved AA. Do it Nintendo! The ability to play my GC games was one of the reasons I bought the Wii.

StevieP

Banned
sajj316 said:
:)

Well if they go Flipper->Hollywood->?? (similar GPU), I'm sure the hardware will be able to achieve full BC w/ up-scaling and improved AA. Do it Nintendo! The ability to play my GC games was one of the reasons I bought the Wii.

No. :lol

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Guys, what if they port Dolphin to Dolphin? Then it'd be re-rendering 1080p visuals instead of 480p. OMG.

Of course some of you geniuses still won't understand so let me help you visualize it:

conan-joel-on-joel-1.gif

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Cow Mengde said:
You know what's even better, they should include Dolphin on the DS. Someone is already working on it, and I'm sure Nintendo themselves would get even better results at porting this to the DS.

Check out more information on this ambitious project!

http://forums.dolphin-emulator.com/showthread.php?tid=13243
Just a bit of optimization and it should run great!

Now to dump Melee and see how it looks, if people were able to run it at full speed in 2006, I better be able to!

JADS

morningbus said:
Guys, what if they port Dolphin to Dolphin? Then it'd be re-rendering 1080p visuals instead of 480p. OMG.

Of course some of you geniuses still won't understand so let me help you visualize it:

/http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh119/morningbus/conan-joel-on-joel-1.gif

Needs more XZibit

Stallion Free said:
Wait Ocarina of Time? You are probably better off playing the N64 version of it on Project 64 rather than with that 4 pack gamecube disc.

i have no n64 carts to rip and a neurotic distrust for downloaded roms.

WEGGLES

Got dolphin working but now my keyboard no longer works

Ever since I installed the drivers for the dualshock3.

wireless or my ollllld wired ps/2 keyboard.

Nabs

WEGGLES said:
Got dolphin working but now my keyboard no longer works

Ever since I installed the drivers for the dualshock3.

wireless or my ollllld wired ps/2 keyboard.

someone in the meat boy thread had a similar prob. said the ds3 drivers would kill all other bluetooth devices

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Nabs said:
someone in the meat boy thread had a similar prob. said the ds3 drivers would kill all other bluetooth devices
Power of the PStriple bro. Just bow down and respect it.

WHERE WE ARE GOING, WE DON'T NEED TO KEYBOARDS.

marty_docarwi.jpg

sajj316

Stallion .. not sure if you've ever posted your machine specs but I want what you have :)

It's about time I endeavor into this 1080p goodness with Mario.

Thinking the following ..

CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition
GPU: GTX 570

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
sajj316 said:
Stallion .. not sure if you've ever posted your machine specs but I want what you have :)
Currently rocking a i5 760 @ 3.4 ghz, when I get off my ass next week and install my aftermarket cooler I'm gonna take the bitch up to 4. Also, 4 gb of DDR3 (goes without saying) ram which will be upgraded around christmas to 2 4 gb sticks, and an Nvidia 460 gtx 1 gb.

WEGGLES

Nabs said:
But it also killed my PS/2 keyboard. A wired one :lol+

Got my keyboard and PS3 controller working at the same time...

But having one odd graphical glitch with Chibi Robo

rDZwy.png

Randomly stuff will be all black in the distance.

And the music will sometimes not loop right, or go dead on the right channel.

Edit: got the black textures resolved, but now a small problem...

When you go to hop up something, there's a bar that pops up and fills up... But now it's just a 1 pixel thin line.

o1KF7.jpg

I have two special requests if anyone'e still playing DKCR:

Blowhole Bound, riding on the whale
and
Grip n Trip, anywhere around/after the halfway point where you can see all the little mole houses in the background...gorgeous level.

//B1G

Banned
quick question: playing metroid prime 2 using my PS3 controller, but when trying to use the left analog stick it's acting as if it's being pressed to the left, and i am stuck turning. since then i've started using the d-pad, but i'd love to switch back to the analog stick. any fix for this or reason why it's happening? also, two quick screens i took to show off the graphics:

dolphin2010-12-1022-35pz5b.png

dolphin2010-12-1022-357yzu.png

DonMigs85

Running the Prime games in HD actually reveals just how low their polygon counts were... Still looks decent though.
I really hope they can get the Rogue Squadron games running well soon

//B1G

Banned
well i was fairly impressed with the visuals. i wasn't expecting a gamecube game to look so good. and super mario sunshine just got done! time to check that out.

Jin34

//B1G said:
what's the widescreen hack? i only just installed this, give me a break...

Should be a checkbox around where you choose the aspect ratio, but then again I'm basing it on an old build, it may have been moved somewhere else.

Calm down Emu-GAF, The Metroid Prime 1 and 2 games aren't built with 16:9 in mind, they will support Progressive scan but since its Dolphin emulating on a PC then its already natively progressive scan, what i mean is...

If he forces the wide-screen hack, the edges of the screens will have missing geometry, since the game's engine is built to occlude (dissapear) certain geometry when it is out of range of the center 4:3 screenspace border.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Cuban Legend said:
Calm down Emu-GAF, The Metroid Prime 1 and 2 games aren't built with 16:9 in mind, they will support Progressive scan but since its Dolphin emulating on a PC then its already natively progressive scan, what i mean is...

If he forces the wide-screen hack, the edges of the screens will have missing geometry, since the game's engine is built to occlude (dissapear) certain geometry when it is out of range of the center 4:3 screenspace border.
Which is why I also suggest locking the aspect ratio.

JADS

As per 6563 Sonic Colours should finally work without black screening :D. Except a guide in a day or two if the patch works (Should also update the Epic Mickey one)

Gilby

jediyoshi said:
Going through NMH2 again. Seems like they fixed the janky colour filtering from the older builds

What's your opinion of NMH2 in comparison with NMH? I still haven't bought it because I kept hearing it wasn't as good as 1, but it's been down around 20$ for a while now, I might pick it up.

ArakniD

Neo Member
Haha, it's crazy how good so many of these screenshots look.
NMH is pretty ugly though.
No resolution upgrades will fix that...

If anyone out there isn't too busy, I'd love an HD capture of this loading still from Epic Mickey.
It's right in the beginning of the game, I want to use it as a wallpaper.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdudPj8JEGc#t=0m19s

I'd love it in 1080p, though it probably doesnt matter since it's just a still.
Been playing EM non-stop, pretty fantastic game imo.

jediyoshi

Gilby said:
What's your opinion of NMH2 in comparison with NMH? I still haven't bought it because I kept hearing it wasn't as good as 1, but it's been down around 20$ for a while now, I might pick it up.

Definitely a much better game than the first. More to do, none of the needless open world. Some of the minigames for leveling aren't too shabby. Also the CC controls are great, I don't see how they messed them up for Heroes' Paradise.

icSmkW.jpg

icXvQq.jpg

icXxYy.jpg

FJ0372

Following my completion of the game, I have some Donkey Kong Country Returns screen shots that I would like share in this thread that I hope you guys will enjoy. I've been playing it at 1080p using OpenGL with 16x Anti-Aliasing (MSAA) and 16x Anistropic Filter as well loading 'hires textures', as a result it really looks beautiful. It also runs virtually flawlessly so I'd highly recommend trying it on your own PC, if you've bought it on your Nintendo Wii. Just to give you an idea of the specs required to run it like this at a locked 60FPS I've posted mine below:

Processor: Intel Core i7 920 (Overclocked to 3.8GHz),
Motherboard: Asus Rampage II
RAM: 6GB Corsair XMS DDR3
Graphics Card: ATi Radeon HD5850 Black (Overclocked) Edition

My 1080p Donkey Kong Country Returns screen shots below:

donkeykongcountryreturfmrl.png

sf8e01-3vmxf.png

sf8e01-2wmme.png

sf8e01-48mlk.png

Top Bottom