• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham City - Fall 2011 - Update: Has Multiplayer

Kifimbo

A month ago, WB bought several URL. One of them was arkhamcity.com. Well, it's the title of the next game. We also have a release date.

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment Announces BATMAN: ARKHAM CITY™ As the Official Title for the Sequel to the Critically Acclaimed Batman: Arkham Asylum™

BURBANK, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and DC Entertainment today announced Batman: Arkham City™ as the title for its follow-up to the award-winning, critically acclaimed hit videogame Batman: Arkham Asylum™. Batman: Arkham City will be available for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, Games for Windows PC and the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system in Fall 2011.

Developed by Rocksteady Studios, Batman: Arkham City builds upon the intense, atmospheric foundation of Batman: Arkham Asylum, sending players soaring into Arkham City, the new maximum security “home” for all of Gotham City’s thugs, gangsters and insane criminal masterminds. Set inside the heavily fortified walls of a sprawling district in the heart of Gotham City, this highly anticipated sequel introduces a brand-new story that draws together a new all-star cast of classic characters and murderous villains from the Batman universe, as well as a vast range of new and enhanced gameplay features to deliver the ultimate experience as the Dark Knight.

Batman: Arkham City is based on DC Comics’ core Batman license. Fans can visit www.batmanarkhamcity.com to sign up to receive updates regarding the game.

juaio2.jpg

Danielsan

Not digging the name, but I'm happy to see that Rocksteady is taking their sweet time with it.
When it was anounced I feared that we would end up with a rushed sequel for fall 2010.

Ah, so it sounds as though this takes place a reasonable amount of time after Arkham Asylum and the Gotham City has set aside a special district to keep the inmates imprisoned while the Asylum gets repaired from all the ridiculous damage that was done to it.

Sounds as though this is going to be basically Escape from New York, but with Batman.

I am okay with the title now that they've explained it a bit better.

AniHawk said:
This seems like a really bad idea on the part of the people in charge of Gotham.

It sounds a bit like the setup for Escape From New York. Maybe they should send in Snake Pliskin instead of Batman?

AniHawk

Wow. Awesome cover.

But uh... Catwoman? Isn't she one of the good guys?

EDIT: I guess there's going to be co-op in this if she's is. It's kinda hard to tell by the covers alone.

Zenith

Banned
AniHawk said:
This seems like a really bad idea on the part of the people in charge of Gotham.

if they had any real sense they'd have reinstituted the death penalty years ago.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
badcrumble said:
Well, yes.

Hopefully they'd allow Batman to design the temporary prison.

That would make for a pretty boring game. If Batman would design a prison, no inmate would ever escape. Ever.

TheUsual said:
Does that imply Games for Windows Live? Because I hope not.

In most cases it doesn´t. I would be very suprised if it used GfWL Live, since:

A) There is a logo specifically for games that are not only Games for Windows games, but Live-enabled as well.
B) GfWL is pretty much dead already. Almost all major developers and publishers have jumped ship already, and turned to Steamworks instead.

markot

Banned
CecilRousso said:
In most cases it doesn´t. I would be very suprised if it used GfWL Live, since:

A) There is a logo specifically for games that are not only Games for Windows games, but Live-enabled as well.
B) GfWL is pretty much dead already. Almost all major developers and publishers have jumped ship already, and turned to Steamworks instead.
Yeah but warner >.>?

AniHawk

neorej said:
That would make for a pretty boring game. If Batman would design a prison, no inmate would ever escape. Ever.

Until Batman's given drugs and he thinks he's the Batman of Zur-En-Arrh and has to break out of it somehow.

Those blimps on the GI cover give me a serious Batman: The Animated Series vibe (as if the VAs weren't enough)

This can only mean more good things

I still haven't played the first one I suck! Original or GTY version??

neorej

ERMYGERD!
AniHawk said:
I haven't kept up with the news, but it looks like Two-Face is in this one too.

Yup, it was pretty clear from the first teaser. The deformed uncle sam-poster pretty much gives it away.

gdt

AniHawk said:
Wow. Awesome cover.

But uh... Catwoman? Isn't she one of the good guys?

EDIT: I guess there's going to be co-op in this if she's is. It's kinda hard to tell by the covers alone.

Sort of.

And yeah, hasn't Gotham learned NOT to put a den of criminals right in downtown? They ALL escape.

LiK

HamPster PamPster said:
Those blimps on the GI cover give me a serious Batman: The Animated Series vibe (as if the VAs weren't enough)

This can only mean more good things

I still haven't played the first one I suck! Original or GTY version??
Just fucking get it! So awesome.

Top Bottom