• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham City - Fall 2011 - Update: Has Multiplayer

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Fall 2011 makes so much more sense than Fall 2010. I have no idea why the Spike announcement last year said Fall 2010, because it was REALLY obvious that they weren't going to make it.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

gdt

Oh, and really looking forward to this. LOVED the first game. I hope WB continues this trend of making actually good comic book based games.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
gdt5016 said:
Oh, and really looking forward to this. LOVED the first game. I hope WB continues this trend of making actually good comic book based games.

We need a good
Spider-Man
game.

Xater

Stumpokapow said:
Fall 2011 makes so much more sense than Fall 2010. I have no idea why the Spike announcement last year said Fall 2010, because it was REALLY obvious that they weren't going to make it.

Well at least not with a quality title. They could have rushed something out, but I am glad they didn't.

painey

I don't like comic books, or even Bale-man but AA was great, especially the Riddler puzzles. I hope for more of the same, but less backtracking and hopefully more hidden stuff which is a bit harder to figure out. Oh, and no achievements for that shitty beat em up mini game.

LiK

TenshiOni said:
Day 1!

Love the first game. So much so that I 1000/1000'd it on the 360 and Platinum'd it on the PS3. :lol

Can't wait. :D
I did the same thing for both consoles too. :)

Joei

Oh yes. I can't wait for this game. I knew it wasn't going to come out this year and was expecting a release date 2 years after the first. The first one was such a blast to play and the only game I ever purposely got 100% in achievements. Just as with the first, I'm expecting big things out of this game. :)

hamchan

painey said:
I don't like comic books, or even Bale-man but AA was great, especially the Riddler puzzles. I hope for more of the same, but less backtracking and hopefully more hidden stuff which is a bit harder to figure out. Oh, and no achievements for that shitty beat em up mini game.

What beat em up mini game? You mean the challenges? Those were easy. All of AA's achievements were easy.

LiK

hamchan said:
What beat em up mini game? You mean the challenges? Those were easy. All of AA's achievements were easy.
Well, Gold for some combo challenges were quite tough.

AniHawk said:
Wow. Awesome cover.

But uh... Catwoman? Isn't she one of the good guys?

EDIT: I guess there's going to be co-op in this if she's is. It's kinda hard to tell by the covers alone.

My guess from the "Batman caught Catoman" and reverse on the cover, could imply some sort of Spies vs Mercs co-op/multiplayer deal. Would work way better then the traditional forced co-op mode in the singleplayer.

Danielsan

painey said:
The combat actually was one of AA's strong suits and the challenges allowed you to fully explore it to depths that the campaign did not.
I wish the game allowed me to enjoy the exploration more, sadly I found myself annoyed by the fact that I had to play most of the game in x-ray vision. I wanted to enjoy the locations and exploration without everything being in a shitty blue hue, sadly gameplay dictated otherwise. Hopefully they'll implement a more elegant solution in the sequel.

Yazuka

Like many others I can't wait till I get my hands on the game. Really looking forward to it.
Arkham Asylum was one the best games of last year. If not the best game last year IMO.
I'm hoping this will be a bit longer and have more bosses and better boss fights. Either way Arkham City is day one for me!

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
jett said:
Superior version for me. I should replay AA one of these days.

I'm not even sure which version was the superior version of AA1; PC had PhysX and naturally would look way better than the console versions, but PS3 had Joker.

Kifimbo said:
A month ago, WB bought several URL. One of them was arkhamcity.com. Well, it's the title of the next game. We also have a release date.

juaio2.jpg

In the words of Stone Cold Steve Austin..... And that the bottom line... I cannot wait for this. I loved the original game.

Saty

No Nvidia-exclusive AA this time i hope. I wasn't one of those who went all crazy about the first game - it had glaring issues- but it was an enjoable game.

hamchan

Saty said:
No Nvidia-exclusive AA this time i hope. I wasn't one of those who went all crazy about the first game - it had glaring issues- but it was an enjoable game.

and what were these glaring issues?

MattNY

One of the few games I am truly considering getting at launch. I hope to god though its not too 'open world'. I don't need another GTA game, I want another game that kicked as much ass as Batman AA did.

eshwaaz

Kudos to Eidos for giving Rocksteady two full years to make this the sequel it deserves to be. When they announced it on Spike, I was really worried they would rush it out in Fall 2010.

Not crazy about the name, though. I preferred "Siege of Gotham", but I'm sure they wanted "Arkham" in the title.

shagg_187 said:
http://www.batmanarkhamcity.com/images/batman.png[IMG]

Badass!

EDIT: European website says "Autumn 2011". I guess we can expect it in the first half of Fall.[/QUOTE]
Wait, there is a difference between Autumn and Fall or something?

neorej

ERMYGERD!
MattNY said:
One of the few games I am truly considering getting at launch. I hope to god though its not too 'open world'. I don't need another GTA game, I want another game that kicked as much ass as Batman AA did.

Open world, with actual detectiving being done. That's what I want. Remember those sections where you'd need to follow a trail of smoke or alcohol-scent? Give me that, except don't automatically turn it on. Let me choose what mode the cowl is in, let me figure out that the person I'm trailing is a drinker, a smoker or at the very least so damn unhygenic he leaves an airborne DNA-trail.

tjohn86

SO glad its on PC. AA looked amazing in 1080p.

Don't care about GFWL... lets me get it on steam and still get achievements :D

Top Bottom