• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So say Galactic Empire (Star Wars) invades the Star Trek galaxy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, its time for a Science Fiction nerdthread!

Here's the scenario.

At the end of Star Wars: A New Hope, Luke's shot into the Death Star reactor misses. The Death Star fires and destroys Yavin IV completely, ending the rebellion forever. The Millenium Falcon, Luke and Wedge all attempt to flee and are destroyed unceremoniously by a Star Destroyer.

Due to the massve shift in the potential destiny of the galaxy, the explosion of Yavin IV combines with the disturbance in The Force and rips a hole through space and time. A permanent wormhole begins to form, about the size of a star. The Death Star itself moves to a safe distance and the inquisitve Grand Moff Tarkin sends an Imperial Probe Droid in.

8Cpj1.jpg

In the Milky Way, it is ten years after the Dominion War ended. The Federation has been following a policy of shipbuilding, keeping their numbers and armaments at Domnion War levels. This is in response to (a) the Romulans increasing raids following the destruction of their homeworld, and (b) the intelligence on Delta Quadrant threats brought back by USS Voyager. Voyager's advanced technology, ablative armour, transphasic torpedoes and holographic emmiter are still being studied and are years away from mass production. With increased resources, this could be sped up to months.

JtIZN.jpg

At the far end of Federation space, a rip in space and time tears through the fabric of the universe. The shockwave from the rip is a powerful one. All the major galactic powers detect the disturbance from a distance. A nearby Federation Science Ship is the only vessel in the area, and arrives to find a colossal wormhole the size of a sun, and what appears to be a small probe droid zooming back in with its results. The science ship does not follow and begins making scans.

YSt63.jpg
rPoiR.jpg

(red dot indicates position of wormhole, green dot is Earth. Note that the Romulan Star Empire is incredibly fragmented due to the destruction of Romulus and collapse of the Empire, whereas the Cardassian Union is completely nonexistent save for the ruined Cardassia)

Days later, The Emperor himself arrives at the Death Star to survey the probe droid's results. The wormhole leads to a new, resource-filled galaxy. With the rebellion crushed, Palpatine decides he has a new goal for his Imperial War Machine. Palpatine reigns in the Imperial Fleet, and prepares for an invasion. Palpatine orders a small fleet of 25 Star Destroyers into the wormhole to test the waters, and will send more depending on the outcome.

o2KSZ.jpg

Based on what you know about Trek and Wars GAF, what happens? Some points for consideration:

-No superbeings. They (Organians, Q, Trelane, etc) will not involve themselves.
-The Force works in both galaxies, as does all technology.
-Data is alive again, his memories reasserted themselves in B4. Ben Sisko has also returned to the material plane as a human starfleet officer.
-The Death Star can enter the Wormhole. As can Vader, Palpatine, Grand Admiral Thrawn and anyone else if needed.
-Most of the major powers of the Star Trek Galaxy have an interest in stopping the invaders.
-Odo maintains a powerful influence over The Dominion and may become involved if he feels it is needed.
-The Borg have been rebuilding themselves for ten years.
-Palpatine has supreme authority to rebuild the Confederacy Droid Construction Plants, or arrange to begin work on a new Clone Army.
-The Federation will act as they do in the show, and attempt diplomacy and offer friendship during first contact. The Empire will not.
-Section 31 still exists.
-Repeated focus on the wormhole by Trek forces may cause Species 8472 to jump to the mistakenly belief that the Empire regularly invades other realms. Detecting a threat, they too might get involved in repelling the invaders.

-To end the invasion, the Federation and its allies (and enemies) must either (1) Kill Palpatine and cause the Empire to collapse; (2) destroy the wormhole, which will take months of intense study at close range to work out how to do it; or (3) destroy so many forces that the war is not worth persuing for The Empire.

What's your view GAF? Who wins?

GDGF

Soothsayer
Next on The Dorkiest Warrior...

wouldn't the federation get cut to pieces due to the power of the SW galaxy's turbolasers and such?

G-Fex

Lasers? They won't even damage the navigational shields.

Anyways what happens is the Tardis shows up, The Doctor and Amy save the day and both universes go back to normal.

Meanwhile Goku and Anne of green gables romance grows..

WillyFive

If it's the old Star Trek, the Star Wars galaxy would just automatically engulf and replace the Star Trek one because the Star Trek one would just be too boring.

KamenSenshi

I'll bite, quick answer is Trek wins this encounter with some heavy damage at the beginning depending on which race makes contact first.

Atrus

Gold Member
Given that one has War in it's title and the other just has Trek, I'm pretty sure the one with War will win.

While I'm not too invested in either, and less with Star Wars after the prequel mess, Star Wars has billions of android soldiers/assassins, a magical 'Force', and super machines that blow up planets and solar systems, I think they win.

I mean just look at what they call their weapons. Star Destroyer. Death Star. Star Killer. What do they call them in the Star Trek universe?

Chris R

Amir0x said:
You know a Star Trek vs. Star Wars 3D IMAX movie would make like an infinity billion dollars
Fixed that for ya.

I'd see it, even though it would just be pure fanwankery

Koomaster

Star Trek Universe should focus on closing the wormhole obviously. This is like a giant piece of candy for the Borg and it's figuratively sitting in Earth's backyard.

Tech wise I think Trek outclasses the Empire; although it depends on the make-up of the Empire's shielding. If they work similarly to Trek, a bunch of blasts would render them infective and then you've got the federation tearing up whatever is inside (Death Star).

The force really doesn't figure into it as Darth and crew can't force choke the whole Federation crew from within their ships. There would be no need for face to face confrontation.

Then there is the use of transporters which I don't believe the Empire has. Transport some warheads in the middle of their ships and its' over.

Which is to say nothing if the Borg actually get involved, transporting onto ships and causing chaos. How many force users does the Empire even have at this point in time? It'd be like trying to kill a colony of cockroaches with toothpicks. You'll rack up a body count, but they are going to breed faster than you can kill.

Overall the Empire loses in a fight against the Federation; doubly so if the Borg join the fun. Even if the Jedi and everyone else in the SW galaxy teamed up, they wouldn't be able to take on the Federation and all their allies and enemies.

Amir0x

Banned
G-Fex said:
Neither fan would be happy AT ALL EVER.

but they would all go twenty times in order to dissect whether Kirk or Luke Skywalker has a bigger dick during the scene involving the Ewok and Hirogen orgy.

Holtz

IF they would send only 25 Star Destroyers and nothing else, the feds would destroy them easily but since the Empire is massive in size, it covers the entire galaxy, has thousands and thousands of ships, not to mention it has force users AND fucking Grand Admiral Thrawn too, this is way too one sided. The federation only covers one quadrant, most of their ships are not made for battle, they have no people with superpowers, etc. Thrawn alone could conquer them.

G-Fex

Amir0x said:
but they would all go twenty times in order to dissect whether Kirk or Luke Skywalker has a bigger dick during the scene involving the Ewok and Hirogen orgy.

Odd I thought the Ewok and tribbles would get along more. But what's a Hirogen?

Kirk > Luke.

Plus Kirk would never hang out with annoying droids.

"Let me tell you about the Star Trek Wars"

"Was that when all the George Lucas fans left earth to find their own planet?"

"no, that was the Star Wars Trek"

Holtz said:
IF they would send only 25 Star Destroyers and nothing else, the feds would destroy them easily but since the Empire is massive in size, it covers the entire galaxy, has thousands and thousands of ships, not to mention it has force users AND fucking Grand Admiral Thrawn too, this is way too one sided. The federation only covers one quadrant, most of their ships are not made for battle, they have no people with superpowers, etc. Thrawn alone could conquer them.
Which means Star Trek would have to team up With Legend Of The Galactic hero and have Kaiser Lohengram Reinhard lead his overwhelming fleet against the star wars people.

Amir0x

Banned
rhfb said:
Fixed that for ya.

I'd see it, even though it would just be pure fanwankery

really i wonder if Star Wars and Star Trek fans would randomly break into open fist combat during screenings, or if the collective gravity of this much geekdom in one two hour format would cause some sort of rip in the fabric of time.

Or if the air freshener market would suddenly surge on news that movie theatres are stocking up triple.

G-Fex

Amir0x said:
really i wonder if Star Wars and Star Trek fans would randomly break into open fist combat during screenings, or if the collective gravity of this much geekdom in one two hour format would cause some sort of rip in the fabric of time.

Or if the air freshener market would suddenly surge on news that movie theatres are stocking up triple.

What would make more money a ST Vs. SW movie or a motion picture version of Final Fantasy VII?

Amir0x

Banned
G-Fex said:
What would make more money a ST Vs. SW movie or a motion picture version of Final Fantasy VII?

that's like asking me who would win in a fight, Vladimir Putin or my four year old niece. i mean he might smile at her inherent cuteness long enough to be dazed, but inevitably he would still cut her throat.

Koomaster

Holtz said:
The wormhole is only so large, the Empire can't send their ENTIRE fleet through all at once. They would send them in waves, and like you mentioned, the Federation could easily destroy their ships.

The OP already stated that Starfleet was building more ships prepared for war because of the past wars they just ended and the threats discovered in the Delta Quadrant. Plus the advanced technology available from the future on the Voyager ship. Star Trek Universe also has cloaking technology (although the Federation refuses to use it) which can throw another wrinkle into the battle. Other races which use cloaking who would be threatened by the Empire would be sure to use it; and perhaps the Federation would relent as well if needed.

The force doesn't matter as it's more for face to face confrontations, and it isn't used for ship to ship battles. Plus the Empire doesn't have that many force users at their disposal even if it could be used this way.

Thrawn may help the Empire, but you'd have to keep him safe. If he was on a ship that was vulnerable to attack by the Federation, he could be doomed and they've lost their advantage. Even worse would be if the Borg were involved and he got assimilated. Good luck to the Empire if that happened.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
G-Fex said:
.... are you seriously asking this question? :lol

I'm not so sure that "Star Trek is more technologically advanced" is accurate.

(if we want to get really nerdy, let's say that Darth Vader is at his full Force potential, i.e. the massive limitations caused by his injuries and psychological state are gone)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom