• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So say Galactic Empire (Star Wars) invades the Star Trek galaxy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris R

Koomaster said:
The wormhole is only so large, the Empire can't send their ENTIRE fleet through all at once. They would send them in waves, and like you mentioned, the Federation could easily destroy their ships.

The OP already stated that Starfleet was building more ships prepared for war because of the past wars they just ended and the threats discovered in the Delta Quadrant. Plus the advanced technology available from the future on the Voyager ship. Star Trek Universe also has cloaking technology (although the Federation refuses to use it) which can throw another wrinkle into the battle. Other races which use cloaking who would be threatened by the Empire would be sure to use it; and perhaps the Federation would relent as well if needed.

The force doesn't matter as it's more for face to face confrontations, and it isn't used for ship to ship battles. Plus the Empire doesn't have that many force users at their disposal even if it could be used this way.

Thrawn may help the Empire, but you'd have to keep him safe. If he was on a ship that was vulnerable to attack by the Federation, he could be doomed and they've lost their advantage. Even worse would be if the Borg were involved and he got assimilated. Good luck to the Empire if that happened.
Ya, the wormhole was only the size of a STAR. They could fit the entire fleet through if they wanted.

Chris R

Hellsing321 said:
It seems strange to say Q wouldn't get involved. This is the exactly kind of shit he would love to meddle in.
Q probably went through the wormhole at its first chance to check the new shit out :lol

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
rhfb said:
Ya, the wormhole was only the size of a STAR. They could fit the entire fleet through if they wanted.
hell, pop through the 7 service executor class star destroyers and already the empire outmatches the alpha quadrant in tonnage.

Koomaster

Thinking some more about this, an interesting dynamic would be set up to where different powers from the Trek universe may end up wanting to also invade the SW universe. Specifically the Borg, but I'm sure others would be interesting in exploring/conquering as well.

If the Federation were truly committed to closing the wormhole; this could create in-universe fighting between Federation and those opposed to closing. Depending on how out of hand it gets you could end up seeing an Empire/Federation team up. Empire realizing they are over their heads surrender to the Federation, offer their ships, clones, droids, etc while the Federation shares Trek Tech.

On the other hand, you could have other factions using the Empire as pawns. Basically agreeing to an alliance in order to distract the Federation from closing the wormhole. Then once the Federation was beaten back enough, betray the Empire and take over the SW universe.

If things played out straight Universe vs Universe. Trek wins.
Empire + anyone but Federation. Empire Loses, Federation loses temporarily, but aren't destroyed or anything.

Empire + Federation. This would either end in status quo (wormhole gets closed) or the Empire turning around at the 11th hour to betray the Federation. With beefed up resources and Trek Tech, the Empire may have a shot of overcoming the Federation forces. Plus since they are no longer the weak force (har) they can't be set up as pawns for another faction to take them over. They could be equal partners with say the Romulans and run roughshod over the Federation.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Curious, in this scenario, how far along is the clone project? And is jango still the case for all the troopers?

Pandaman said:
hell, pop through the 7 service executor class star destroyers and already the empire outmatches the alpha quadrant in tonnage.
:lol Just this whole sentence.

And I don't know much about either but the ships in Star Trek look bad. ass. The ships and technology in Star Wars are antiques, most of them look like they were built from wood and iron in a shed.

Shanadeus

Banned
If the borg get their hand over a force capable star warsian then the Trek universe will "win".
Sure, it'll be the borg with its new, force capable drones who's really winning but whatever.

G-Fex said:
biggest fandoms I can think of at the moment so..
Code:
.sorry I guess it is absurd.

Uh, there's already a final fantasy 7 movie, and it wasn't really that popular. It's no where close to being the most popular sci fi universe.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Didn't someone post in the earlier thread how like, the average weapon in Wars is 100 times more powerful then Trek or something?

Then again, if we balance things out so that one side doesn't have a huge advantage due to numbers pulled out of some writers ass compared to another side with numbers pulled out of a writers ass....its close.
I give the edge to Trek for advanced technology and the Borg. Considering that nothing like transporter technology is ever seen in Wars then the first few waves of ships are going to get decimated when Trek keeps beaming bombs into their cargo holds and no-one can figure out why all their ships keep blowing up.
And I don't think Trek could invade Wars very well: the very fragmentation and variety of races that makes it so easy for them to defend also makes it hard to co-ordinate a dedicated offensive.

Koomaster

Shanadeus said:
If the borg get their hand over a force capable star warsian then the Trek universe will "win".
Sure, it'll be the borg with its new, force capable drones who's really winning but whatever.
:lol Exactly! I don't think anyone in the Trek universe would find that a winning scenario.

Plus like someone mentioned on the last page, the borg would eventually figure out how to breed midichlorians. They really don't give a fuck, they will throw everything they have at perfecting that. How many borg were straight up killed trying to get the Omega particle under control?

Just think of the borg transporting onto ships, mind controlling people into assimilation, it's a very attractive proposition for them to pursue. I also wonder if the force would strengthen the hold the collective has over an individual drone's mind? Plus all those force users as a collective spread across the galaxy may be stronger than sensors at detecting lifeforms.

The whole thought is a scary proposition.

curls

Wake up Sheeple, your boring insistence that Obama is not a lizardman from Atlantis is wearing on my patience 💤
This makes my head hurt.

The technology of the federation at the time is about 400 years ahead of now. The tech in star wars has been around for thousands of years. You are comparing a type II civilization with a type III, just on scales of energy alone the Empire would dwarf the federation several times over.

From what I've skimmed of random fandom fighting, the SW universe weapons/shields are far superior in terms of power (going by numbers quoted from tech manuals from both universes) but ST has a major advantage in terms of propulsion. The Imperial ships fly at sublight and can achieve faster than light travel via hyperspace. ST ships can fly (and fight?) at various warp speeds.

I'm guessing the Imperial ships could possibly get around this via tractor beams--predict where a ST ship'll be flying, grab it and likely get pulled along with the opposing ship while firing? I dunno. The two universes' methods of travel are pretty incompatible for these kinds of crossovers.

Ignoring that, I'd say the Empire could give the ST universe a decent bloody nose, but the Federation'd ultimately figure out a way of closing the gate.

Sielys

IIRC, the star wars ships canon energy output is incredibly more powerful than anything in the startrek universe. The Millennium Falcon could take down a borg cube in one shot.

The only thing that could possibly appose any sort of empire fleet is the Q, and they probably wouldn't get involved.

The_Technomancer said:
Didn't someone post in the earlier thread how like, the average weapon in Wars is 100 times more powerful then Trek or something?

Then again, if we balance things out so that one side doesn't have a huge advantage due to numbers pulled out of some writers ass compared to another side with numbers pulled out of a writers ass....its close.
I give the edge to Trek for advanced technology and the Borg. Considering that nothing like transporter technology is ever seen in Wars then the first few waves of ships are going to get decimated when Trek keeps beaming bombs into their cargo holds and no-one can figure out why all their ships keep blowing up.
And I don't think Trek could invade Wars very well: the very fragmentation and variety of races that makes it so easy for them to defend also makes it hard to co-ordinate a dedicated offensive.

yeah but in star wars they make weapons with names like "Blood Murder God" and "Super Death Holyshit Fucker" that are like ten times bigger than borg cubes and can blow up solar systems and drag stars around

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
curls said:
This makes my head hurt.

The technology of the federation at the time is about 400 years ahead of now. The tech in star wars has been around for thousands of years. You are comparing a type II civilization with a type III, just on scales of energy alone the Empire would dwarf the federation several times over.
trekkies like to think they somehow have a technological advantage, let them have their fun.

truth is star wars vs star trek would be like the combined navys of WW2 vs the french/spanish side of the battle of Trafalgar.

jamespencil.gif

The fuck?

Johann

EmCeeGramr said:
I'm not so sure that "Star Trek is more technologically advanced" is accurate.

(if we want to get really nerdy, let's say that Darth Vader is at his full Force potential, i.e. the massive limitations caused by his injuries and psychological state are gone)

Star Wars ranks a bit higher on the Kardashev Scale if you don't include The Q.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Galactic Empire would be slaughtered. Between the Federation, Dominion, Romulans, Klingons, Tholians, Gorn, Cardassian, Ferengi, Tzenketh, and the First Federation...there is more then enough firepower in the alpha quadrant to crush vader and his ugly ships without blinking.

wtf, why am I participating in this....

The Technomancer

Its an interesting contrast, because the stuff of Wars that's more advanced, like blowing up planets or moving stars isn't really more advanced from a broad scientific perspective, its just pouring a shit-ton of energy into it. The Trek universe is almost indisputably the more advanced of the two except in raw firepower. So much primitive stuff in comparison in Wars, its like the entire Galaxy said "screw all innovation other then how much raw power can we make a laser output"

siddx said:
Galactic Empire would be slaughtered. Between the Federation, Dominion, Romulans, Klingons, Tholians, Gorn, Cardassian, Ferengi, Tzenketh, and the First Federation...there is more then enough firepower in the alpha quadrant to crush vader and his ugly ships without blinking.

wtf, why am I participating in this....

No. The Galactic Empire is a different tiered civilization. Their weapons, shielding and size is on a GALACTIC scale. They are a single coordinated group with ships that would dwarf any Federation or other ST ship.

It would take a couple of days for the Empire to wipe out the Star Trek Universe.

The_Technomancer said:
Its an interesting contrast, because the Trek universe is almost indisputably the more advanced of the two except in raw firepower. So much primitive stuff in comparison in Wars, its like the entire Galaxy said "screw innovation, how much raw power can we make a laser output?"

The stuff of Wars that's more advanced, like blowing up planets or moving stars isn't really more advanced from a scientific perspective, its just pouring a shit-ton of energy into it.

There is nothing more advanced in Star Trek except the use of Transporters. Star Wars ships can traverse the Galaxy in days while a ship in the Star Trek Universe would take years at warp speed.

Shanadeus

Banned
Koomaster said:
:lol Exactly! I don't think anyone in the Trek universe would find that a winning scenario.

Plus like someone mentioned on the last page, the borg would eventually figure out how to breed midichlorians. They really don't give a fuck, they will throw everything they have at perfecting that. How many borg were straight up killed trying to get the Omega particle under control?

Just think of the borg transporting onto ships, mind controlling people into assimilation, it's a very attractive proposition for them to pursue. I also wonder if the force would strengthen the hold the collective has over an individual drone's mind? Plus all those force users as a collective spread across the galaxy may be stronger than sensors at detecting lifeforms.

The whole thought is a scary proposition.
I believe that Jedis can pool together their power and in that way accomplish great feats with their combined individual force. Now imagine trillions of force capable beings pooling together their power.

The Borg Collective would become a God.

The_Technomancer said:
Its an interesting contrast, because the Trek universe is almost indisputably the more advanced of the two except in raw firepower. So much primitive stuff in comparison in Wars, its like the entire Galaxy said "screw innovation, how much raw power can we make a laser output?"
I guess the "official" explanation would be that the Star Wars galaxy is in a near-constant state of upheaval.

Besides, such technology is insignificant compared to the power of the Force.

like that giant sith machine during the war between the old republic and the sith empire, that drained the force out of everything in a huge radius and used it to power giant turbolasers that were essentially shooting pure Dark Side Force energy

it was called a Dark Reaper because goddamn can the SWU name a superweapon right

Death Star
Darksaber
Dark Reaper
Sun Crusher
Starkiller
Galaxy Gun
Executor-class Super Star Destroyer

Also, I can't take the Borg seriously. They got their asses handed to them by the federation after years at war. That means the Borg is no more powerful a force than the Federation is. If the Federation can't beat the Empire (which they can't) the Borg isn't going to do much better.

The only thing the Star Trek universe has going for it is the Continuum and they aren't going to get involved.

curls

Wake up Sheeple, your boring insistence that Obama is not a lizardman from Atlantis is wearing on my patience 💤
You can find an interesting example in the last Trek movie. The Narada which is over 100 years more advanced wiping out several federation ships and a planet with relative ease. Think about what tech that is 1000's of years ahead and on a galactic scale can do.

Shanadeus said:
I believe that Jedis can pool together their power and in that way accomplish great feats with their combined individual force. Now imagine trillions of force capable beings pooling together their power.

Despite their best efforts and a good amount of experience with several types of cloning tech, the Empire has been unable to produce stable force sensitive clones. They go crazy. I doubt the borg could mass produce something similar. While they might be able to assimilate a few (assuming they could get their hands on any,) the Empire has a lot of experience in hunting down and killing enemy force users.

Just to give you an idea:

Continuum -----> Time Lords ---------------------------------- > Galactic Empire -----------------------------------------------------------------> Star Trek ---> Present Day Earth.

Didn't Star Wars take place "a long time ago" and doesn't Star Trek take place centuries in the future? Or was that covered and I just didn't read it?

Azwethinkweiz said:
Didn't Star Wars take place "a long time ago" and doesn't Star Trek take place centuries in the future? Or was that covered and I just didn't read it?

Star Trek takes place 200 - 300 years in the future. Star Wars took places at some point in the past in another Galaxy. You know what was going on in that same galaxy a thousand years prior... almost the same shit. Their technology wasn't that different from what we currently see in the movies (I can't believe I'm talking about this shit like it's real). :lol

No contest. None of the Star Wars ships can go faster than the speed of light, they have to make a "jump to light speed". All of the Star Trek ships can go much, much faster than the speed of light. Not to mention that people in the Star Wars universe can't seem to understand that a parsec is a measure of distance and not speed.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
DoctorWho said:

Continuum -----> Time Lords ---------------------------------- > Galactic Empire -----------------------------------------------------------------> Star Trek ---> Present Day Earth.

lol you are way to invested in this.

Shanadeus

Banned
Zod the Bear said:
Despite their best efforts and a good amount of experience with several types of cloning tech, the Empire has been unable to produce stable force sensitive clones. They go crazy. I doubt the borg could mass produce something similar. While they might be able to assimilate a few (assuming they could get their hands on any,) the Empire has a lot of experience in hunting down and killing enemy force users.
Shouldn't be a problem with humanoids lacking individuality.

I admit that the Empire is superior in both numbers and firepower, the Federation, and even other empires fighting together, wouldn't stand a chance.

But if the Borg manage to get their hands on a force sensitive being they should be able to spread the trait (midis that is) to all of its drones. And this is at least trillions of force capable beings we're talking about.

curls

DoctorWho said:

You are giving present day Earth way too much credit. We don't even rate on the scale :(

Trent Strong said:
No contest. None of the Star Wars ships can go faster than the speed of light, they have to make a "jump to light speed". All of the Star Trek ships can go much, much faster than the speed of light. Not to mention that people in the Star Wars universe can't seem to understand that a parsec is a measure of distance and not speed.

We know that Star Wars ships can traverse the entire galaxy while Star Trek ships have only explored a small region of their own galaxy. Voyager gets thrown into another quadrant and has to take approximately 75 years to get back without wormholes. The Star Wars ships travel faster.

Also, Star Wars ships jump to light speed but Star Trek ships have to make the transition to Warp Speed. While fast, Warp Speed is clearly not fast enough to travel across the entire galaxy in a timely fashion.

The Technomancer

Okay then here's my new point: why are the Q, Organians, etc disqualified? Because at this point the argument is coming down to "Wars would win because they are thousands of years more advanced and on a galactic scale in a way that the Federation isn't" And I can agree with that, on sheer firepower and size alone.

But my point is well of course if you exclude the equivalent factions from the Trek side then Wars will win. The Organians etc races that are thousands of years old and operate on a galactic scale, just like the Empire. Why aren't they allowed in this fight? Because they're too overpowered? But Wars is overpowered in comparison to the regular Federation/etc. Its three tiers here, and Wars is in the middle.

Sielys

Ok, while the Empire would win space battles hands down, how about battles on planets? And not those incompetent Stormtroopers, I'm talking Clone Wars soldiers.

Oh, and while we're on the subject are Jedi's going to be relatively weak movie representations, or the "take down entire army" powerful they were like in the Clone Wars series?

NotWii

Banned
Trent Strong said:
Nah ah!
Han Solo made that up just to impress customers.

DoctorWho said:
jamespencil.gif

The fuck?
I don't remember that from Twin Peaks...

Atrus

Gold Member
Trent Strong said:

If they go faster why does it take them much longer to travel across the galaxy? Obi-Wan's all 'I'll tour the galaxy and be back before dinner' in the pre-trilogy and Star Trek spent an entire series on a ship getting home from half-way across.

The_Technomancer said:
Okay then here's my new point: why are the Q, Organians, etc disqualified? Because at this point the argument is coming down to "Wars would win because they are thousands of years more advanced and on a galactic scale in a way that the Federation isn't" And I can agree with that, on sheer firepower and size alone.

But my point is well of course if you exclude the equivalent factions from the Trek side then Wars will win. The Organians etc races that are thousands of years old and operate on a galactic scale, just like the Empire. Why aren't they allowed in this fight?

I'd say the Q Continuum would do shit all, like they usually do. The Organians might get involved. Still, the Star Wars universe has the Force. That coupled with tech that has developed over thousands of years makes them the more formidable opponent.

Shanadeus

Banned
Sielys said:
Ok, while the Empire would win space battles hands down, how about battles on planets? And not those incompetent Stormtroopers, I'm talking Clone Wars soldiers.

Oh, and while we're on the subject are Jedi's going to be relatively weak movie representations, or the "take down entire army" powerful they were like in the Clone Wars series?
The Empire would win almost all ground battles.

They're up against red shirts with tiny tasers and big frowny men with swords.

The Technomancer

DoctorWho said:
I'd say the Q Continuum would do shit all, like they usually do. The Organians might get involved. Still, the Star Wars universe has the Force. That coupled with tech that has developed over thousands of years makes them the more formidable opponent.
Right, but the Force works in both universes, and I have a hard time believing then that the Q and Organians don't operate within the Force at all. Hell, for all we know at this point in their evolution they might just be creatures of pure Force.

Zaptruder

Banned
If a small rebellion force can destroy the death star, then I'm sure a few guys with phasers and teleporters can achieve similar results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom