• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Asura's Wrath (Capcom X CC2, powered by UE3) - Screenshots Post 24 / Trailer Post 31

Pooya

asura_title-logo_eng-copy-300x168.jpg

Screenshots

aw02.jpg

Nirolak said:

Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGw3hKkDmD8

A brand new title scheduled for release on the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system and PlayStation®3, ASURA’S WRATH sees Capcom join forces with Japanese developer CyberConnect2.

Inspired by Asian mythology and fused with science fiction, ASURA’S WRATH will redefine the action genre by delivering unprecedented levels of dynamism, drama and interaction. Once a revered deity, Asura was betrayed by his fellow gods and stripped of all his powers. Consumed by anger at the injustice he has suffered and swearing vengeance, Asura discovers he can use this fury to his advantage and turn it against his enemies.

By channelling his inner rage, Asura is now able to unleash devastating attacks and wreak havoc as he battles against the deities who have wronged him and their earthly forces. Inspired by episodic dramas, ASURA’S WRATH will be split into distinct sections with gameplay and narrative unfolding as one and building to a final climatic conclusion.

Original game coming up in a few, produced by Kazuhiro Tsuchiya who is onstage now.

Tsuchiya's talking about a foreign partner right now. Apperently he's referring to Cyber Connect 2, the guys who are responsible for the most popular Naruto games.

Unreal 3 powered character action game featuring massive armies and a main character who can summon a Galacticus sized god like being to crush his enemies. It's called Asura's Wrath.

Hiroshi Matsuyama and Seiji Shimoda of Cyber Connect 2 on stage right now.

Game is for PS3/360. One of the key concepts is "wrath." Shimoda claims that wrath, serial drama and experience are important.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Just want to say you post fast. :lol

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I like the art in the OP. At least it's a new IP.

duckroll

http://www.capcom-europe.com/blog/

A brand new title scheduled for release on the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system and PlayStation®3, ASURA’S WRATH sees Capcom join forces with Japanese developer CyberConnect2.

Inspired by Asian mythology and fused with science fiction, ASURA’S WRATH will redefine the action genre by delivering unprecedented levels of dynamism, drama and interaction. Once a revered deity, Asura was betrayed by his fellow gods and stripped of all his powers. Consumed by anger at the injustice he has suffered and swearing vengeance, Asura discovers he can use this fury to his advantage and turn it against his enemies.

By channelling his inner rage, Asura is now able to unleash devastating attacks and wreak havoc as he battles against the deities who have wronged him and their earthly forces. Inspired by episodic dramas, ASURA’S WRATH will be split into distinct sections with gameplay and narrative unfolding as one and building to a final climatic conclusion.

duckroll

matmanx1 said:
Sounds like a very Japanese take on God of War. Could be interesting.

Hmmm... let's see....

A brand new title scheduled for release on the PlayStation®2, GOD OF WAR 2 sees Capcom join forces with American developer Santa Monica Studios.

Inspired by Greek mythology, GOD OF WAR 2 will redefine the action genre by delivering unprecedented levels of dynamism, drama and interaction. Once a revered deity, Kratos was betrayed by his fellow gods and stripped of all his powers. Consumed by anger at the injustice he has suffered and swearing vengeance, Kratos discovers he can use this fury to his advantage and turn it against his enemies.

By channelling his inner rage, Kratos is now able to unleash devastating attacks and wreak havoc as he battles against the deities who have wronged him and their earthly forces. Inspired by episodic dramas, GOD OF WAR 2 will be split into distinct sections with gameplay and narrative unfolding as one and building to a final climatic conclusion.

Jerk

Banned
Nirolak said:
Devil May Cry, Enslaved, or Heavenly Sword?
duckroll said:
Hmmm... let's see....

A brand new title scheduled for release on the PlayStation®2, GOD OF WAR 2 sees Capcom join forces with American developer Santa Monica Studios.

Inspired by Greek mythology, GOD OF WAR 2 will redefine the action genre by delivering unprecedented levels of dynamism, drama and interaction. Once a revered deity, Kratos was betrayed by his fellow gods and stripped of all his powers. Consumed by anger at the injustice he has suffered and swearing vengeance, Kratos discovers he can use this fury to his advantage and turn it against his enemies.

By channelling his inner rage, Kratos is now able to unleash devastating attacks and wreak havoc as he battles against the deities who have wronged him and their earthly forces. Inspired by episodic dramas, GOD OF WAR 2 will be split into distinct sections with gameplay and narrative unfolding as one and building to a final climatic conclusion.

-_-

There is a special place in hell reserved for the both of you.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
There's something about it that looks like God of War with Asian mythologies instead.

kenji

wwm0nkey said:
http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/9/2010/09/____________bmp_jpgcopy.jpg
I think I already saw him in another game...

oh wait
B-st.jpg

:lol :lol

can't wait to see how wonderful will be the dungeons :lol

wrowa

That the trailer shows a QTE right at the beginning isn't a very promising sign after what the developers said on stage.

Apart from that, it looks like some crazy stuff, which is nice. But I'm really sick and tired of the genre, so I'll pass without a moment of hesitance.

ULTROS!

Is this CyberConnect2's first game that features blood and violence? :p

Zenith

Banned
man, everyone wants to be the next DMC/Bayonetta.

also "powered by UE3" is something you do not advertise. You want to customise the engine so much so that when people play it they don't recognise it as UE3.

Top Bottom