• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Asura's Wrath (Capcom X CC2, powered by UE3) - Screenshots Post 24 / Trailer Post 31

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Gravijah said:
How is this like Bayonetta?

Asura is going to wear a tight-skin suit and a pair of glasses and will make sexy naughty poses.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Gravijah said:
but bayonetta isn't really wearing clothes ;o

Oh yeah, Asura to have long beautiful hair wrapped around his body and revealing him naked when he does a special move... With sexy poses.

robor

akilshohen said:
Trailer made me :lol with all the screams and grunts

Especially at the end, when you think it's over and he's on the ground then BAM he grunts.

Looks pretty interesting to say the least.

EXGN

Looks like testosterone of GOW infused with the bat shit action from Ninja Gaiden. Chalk me up as piqued.

Fox1304

Holy shit, what a totally decomplexed testosteron-injected crazyness-packed trailer :D
Soooo much grunting !
The Space Buddha with its flaming finger was the cherry on top of everything :lol :lol

Pooya

aw02.jpg

http://game.watch.impress.co.jp/video/gmw/docs/394/061/html/awm1.wmv.html
http://game.watch.impress.co.jp/video/gmw/docs/394/061/html/awm2.wmv.html

Zenith said:
man, everyone wants to be the next DMC/Bayonetta.

also "powered by UE3" is something you do not advertise. You want to customise the engine so much so that when people play it they don't recognise it as UE3.
Japan only just discovered that UE3 is the new middleware hotness. It's like how nu-metal is still popular in Asia, Eastern Europe and the third world even though it's been passe in the West since 2002.

ArjanN

Acosta said:
It's really like a Japanese God of War, I liked it.

Well, I'm pretty sure Asura is a God of war.

Just hope the combat is more DMC/God Hand/Bayonetta than Dynasty Warriror style.

Bebpo

Banned
Why Capcom hired CC2 to make a generic non-cellshaded action game on UE3.0 is beyond me.

Why not have them do Megaman Legends 3 on the Naruto engine?

Capcom is way too focused on realism these days.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Videogame Leads: Either generically filled with rage, or utterly reluctant and flippantly detached.

Key ways to spot are glowing eyes, red auras, vs smirks or eye-covering bangs.

The trailer is pretty cool. I like everything except for the white eyes. I know it's typical in japanese manga and anime to sometimes ditch the pupil to show rage. but I don't really like it when it's actually permanent.

for example, I think this part of the trailer will look better if he has pupil to show some emotion.
b50jtg.jpg

Ashkeloth

If it involves a character punching things really, really, hard, and possibly angrily screaming a lot, I will usually give it a try.

I'm quite interested in this, but considering the other games that came out of Capcom today, I'm going to be cautiously optimistic.

Shaka

ymmv said:
At least this guy has hair but the screenshot exemplifies everything that's bad about UE3. I wish that fucking crap engine would die ...
Can I have technical breakdown highlighting why UE is shit?

Shaka said:
Can I have technical breakdown highlighting why UE is shit?

Because it can't render big enough bandwagons. Or something.

I reckon this game looks like a ball of fun, and the art style is pleasant enough.

sajj316

I like the approach of Asian mythology .. something I certainly would like to research on and understand. GOW was the ultimate spin on Greek mythology ...

Interesting concept...No idea what was going on with that finger coming down from space but...Whatever. I'll keep an eye on it.

What the hell was going on with that trailer? :lol

All I heard was "NHUUUNNN UHNNNNNN RAAAAAAAAAHHHH WAAAHHHHUUUUU RRUUUUUURRRRAAAAAAAHHHHHH" :lol:lol:lol

I like everything I see about this game but the UE3 is such a big turnoff. Not only because of the way UE3 looks, but I cant see the UE3 engine working well as a Japanese action game. Why cant they use NT or maybe the Naruto engine. Can you imagine a game like this using Naruto engine?

Forkball

You didn't have to say it was on the UE3 engine, we all could have figured that out because I feel like I'm on steroids just looking at the screens.

Top Bottom