• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Asura's Wrath (Capcom X CC2, powered by UE3) - Screenshots Post 24 / Trailer Post 31

TreIII

SAB CA said:
I could care less about what engine it's running on. I've seen "Western DMC" today, and I've seen this, a game that remind me of the loony masculinity of things like Gurren Lagaan, Mixed with the more real, yet over the top masculinity of something like Fist of the North Star.

Bring on the Macho Screaming! Bring on the Buddah Palm X Shining Fingah! Bring on Cyber Connects 2's trademark cinematic flair and timing! Of the fully new games announced today (no counting DR2 stuff), I easily find this the most intriguing.

Looking at the trailer again, especially after getting my DmC disappointment? There is potential for this game to be something interesting.

I'll need to see more though. And I definitely hope CC2 cuts down on the QTEs.

ArjanN

Kafel said:
Most interesting game revealed today by Capcom to me. The episodic stuff is scary though.

"Inspired by episodic dramas"

I think they're talking about japanese/chinese martial arts TV series.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
After watching the trailer, I will play this. Big ass fucking space Buddha? You have earned my playtime.

Tiktaalik

Seems kinda God Handish?

Japanese developers are taking the worst examples of western "generic rage" game design and twisting it in a way that's even worse somehow.

I haven't been terribly happy with what I've seen from TGS so far.

Jinaar

These guys totally love their BERSERK! manga. This alone I am getting it. The trailer did whatever it needed to do to get me to purchase it day one.

This looks awesome.

Looks pretty cool actually. Again, sucks that it is on Unreal Engine 3, but the game is totally giving me God Hand vibes, which is always welcome. The giant boss in space looks bad ass too. I think I can forgive the performance/engine problems in this case.

Dali

gutter_trash said:
Asura's Wrath makes up for the WTF character reboot in the new DMC

Asura's Wrath will be THE character action game from Capcom
Yes it will. Sucks that DMC5 is getting all the attention because a bunch of people that have never played an entry in the series want to see what all the commotion is about.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
i dont get it

Why did Capcom feel the need to use UE3??

i mean, does the tag line "powered by Unreal Engine" sell games?

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Tiktaalik said:
Seems kinda God Handish?

Japanese developers are taking the worst examples of western "generic rage" game design and twisting it in a way that's even worse somehow.

Sums up how I feel nicely. TGS is off to a bad start.

Dali

~Devil Trigger~ said:
i dont get it

Well Bamco thinks we (westerners) love little nickel and dime dlc because people buy a lot of it. Maybe Capcom thinks we (westerners) love UE3 games because they sell well. :lol

That's be pretty funny if that really were the reason behind their decision to go with it.

Inafune:"We need to sell more games in the west!"
Peon:"I hear the UE3 gets the units moving over there."
"Inafune:"Excellent idea! Begin work immediately on a game using this magic unit moving engine."
Peon:"But all we've got that's ready to begin production is this action game based on mythology the average westerner is completely clueless about. "
Inafune:"What part of 'magic unit moving engine' did you not understand?"

Tiktaalik said:

this right here, and two QTE's right in the trailer. so far this is 20 dollar EB dump bin material.

Jenga

Banned
Kintaro said:
After watching the trailer, I will play this. Big ass fucking space Buddha? You have earned my playtime.
Fuck yeah. I saw that giant motherfucker and I was like, okay I gotta play this

Gwanatu T

Tiktaalik said:
Seems kinda God Handish?

Yeah, reminds me a lot of God Hand actually. Very over the top and ridiculous. We'll see how it turns out, but it looks less generic to me than some of the other action games announced so far today.

This looks more promising than I thought it would, a bit worried about the timed button pushes. I like the craziness and overthetop look..

Teknoman

durrrrrrrrrr said:
this right here, and two QTE's right in the trailer. so far this is 20 dollar EB dump bin material.

How's that? You guys know most Asura statues look right?

asura-oo-33-gendo-12th-century.jpg

Wiki-
the Asuric qualities are pride, arrogance, conceit, anger, harshness, and ignorance.

It's safe to say theres going to be lots of "Raaaaage planet cracking uppercut!!" scenes and characters in this game.

And wouldnt you be pissed if you were in constant pain from having spears and swords stuck in your body (albeit being able to rip them out and use them as weapons)?

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
~Devil Trigger~ said:
i dont get it

I don't think they trust external studios enough to let them use their proprietary MT Framework engine.

zoukka

SapientWolf said:
I don't think they trust external studios enough to let them use their proprietary MT Framework engine.

They would have to learn to use it too. Everyone knows how UE works by now.

Vrakanox

It looks just okay to me but that might have to do with how dissapointed I am with everything else I've seen so far. The only TGS game i've seen so far that I'm totally pumped for is Catherine.

Gwanatu T

SapientWolf said:

Only slightly off topic, what does Dead Rising 2 run off of then?

Barakov

I'm loving how over the top it is. It's a shame that the game is using UE3. Although, it makes sense given all the grunting that is going on in the trailer.

Yousefb

i was enjoying the trailer, and my mind was blown when that giant finger was coming down :lol this looks like the shit!

Carlisle

God damn what is with Japan and all the over-the-top bloody action games these days? They're switching from waggle to blood the same time MS is switching from blood to
body
waggle. Both 5 years too late, but I'll still play.

Top Bottom