• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Asura's Wrath (Capcom X CC2, powered by UE3) - Screenshots Post 24 / Trailer Post 31

derFeef

Carlisle said:
God damn what is with Japan and all the over-the-top bloody action games these days? They're switching from waggle to blood the same time MS is switching from blood to
body
waggle. Both 5 years too late, but I'll still play.
These days? You never watched old Japanese Samurai movies I guess. Blood fountains!

ArjanN

durrrrrrrrrr said:
this right here, and two QTE's right in the trailer. so far this is 20 dollar EB dump bin material.

God Hand and RE4 also had QTEs. Didn't stop them from being awesome games.

ArjanN

Holy Order Sol said:
This game just looks like RAGE. It should be called just that.

Please see an eye doctor immediately.

Sure there is a lot of 'rage' in the trailer, but visually it looks nothing like RAGE.

TreIII

ArjanN said:
God Hand and RE4 also had QTEs. Didn't stop them from being awesome games.

That's because God Hand did QTEs "right", in my opinion.

99% of the time that a QTE came up, it was for the sake of a reactionary-based moment (getting out of a grab, etc.), or adding on extra hits to whatever combo ender you got. There was never any "Press X or YOU DIE" moments in God Hand. And it always involved using the same button, every time. In that way, GH basically did more to be reminiscent of an arcade-style brawler, which also had such things. Any body who remembers the likes of how a Foot Soldier could grab you from behind, and had to "wiggle the joystick and press the buttons" to get out, knows exactly what I'm talking about.

But the kind of things I'm seeing in this trailer is the same type of stuff that I'm seeing in practically every other game that uses QTEs. It's less a part of the game play, and more of a thing where you just "play a bit of Simon...OR DIE!" type of thing. Maybe it appeals to some people or whatever, but I would rather have it so that I'm actually DOING the awesome things, and less on-screen prompts directing me as such.

aw2y6pe.jpg

LOL @ Trying to kill a dude from space. :lol :lol :lol

Pachinko

Even this looks more interesting then the new DMC.

I mean, the main character just beat up god in the trailer, that has to count for something right ?

-Eddman-

Loved the trailer, may compensate for the DmC fiasco. I agree with some of the initial reactions, this looks like the asian God of War, in a good way, of course. It also has some Berserk (manga) badassery.

ArjanN

TreIII said:
That's because God Hand did QTEs "right", in my opinion.

99% of the time that a QTE came up, it was for the sake of a reactionary-based moment (getting out of a grab, etc.), or adding on extra hits to whatever combo ender you got. There was never any "Press X or YOU DIE" moments in God Hand. And it always involved using the same button, every time. In that way, GH basically did more to be reminiscent of an arcade-style brawler, which also had such things. Any body who remembers the likes of how a Foot Soldier could grab you from behind, and had to "wiggle the joystick and press the buttons" to get out, knows exactly what I'm talking about.

But the kind of things I'm seeing in this trailer is the same type of stuff that I'm seeing in practically every other game that uses QTEs. It's less a part of the game play, and more of a thing where you just "play a bit of Simon...OR DIE!" type of thing. Maybe it appeals to some people or whatever, but I would rather have it so that I'm actually DOING the awesome things, and less on-screen prompts directing me as such.

Oh, I mostly agree, I'm just being cautiously optimistic, I don't really mind QTEs in moderation. RE4 used them more than God Hand but they didn't bother me there either.

Kind of reminds me of some random Tsutomu Nihei mangas. At least the wackiness of the fight scenes. Or maybe Ergo Proxy, either one I guess.

Looks pretty awesome to me. The character is like a mix of Gutts, Ryu, and the Red hulk.
The facial animations and over the top choreography reminds me of street fighter 4.

Asura>Kratos>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>new dante

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
Just saw this title on other site, funny and awesome-

God of war: Hindu edition.

:lol :lol

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
So damned awesome. I mean, how the hell can you hate on Space Buddha Erupting God Finger from space?

Calcaneus

I don't even wanna know why these guys are so angry. I hope the game gives us no context and just drops us in at the "I wanna fucking KILL this guy" stage of their relationship.

faridmon

So.... Is .Hack series dead to CC2?

Where is my episodic >hack game on the Console CC2? all you do thses days is Naruto games and ...... this.

:(

Dahbomb

This game is like Godhand crossed with DBZ/Fist of the North Star. Just crazy over the top manly rage and in your face punching and godly powers.

Hey it might actually turn out to be good if it isn't so QTE heavy.

sonicmj1

I just love this trailer.

Like, when Capcom is introduced by the bad guy going "RRRROOAGH!"

And when the staff credits come up just as the finger is about to impact, and all you hear are clashes of metal on metal and "MUDAMUDAMUDA! RRRROOOOAAGH!" with the sound of each punch moving onto the next slide of credits.

If they can find the right balance of ridiculous, over the top excess and fun, horde-annihilating action (without too many QTEs), I will have to own this game.

Top Bottom