• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Asura's Wrath (Capcom X CC2, powered by UE3) - Screenshots Post 24 / Trailer Post 31

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Based on trailer this looks drab and derivative as hell to me.

Mind you having see 3 versions of basically the same fucking game today (Shadows of the Damned, DMC reboot, and now this) my tolerance for "edgy" monster brawling is probably wearing a tad thin at this point.

Arozay

I enjoyed the trailer so I'm interested. Worried about how it will play and if it'll be flooded with QTE's since they said something along the lines of "you won't feel like you're playing a game" at the conference didnt they?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Another garbage game from Capcom. Start fixing the shit for your current franchises instead of pretending you care about creating new ones.

No_Style

I'm loving the over-the-top nature of the game.

I also welcome this new age of UE3 licensees producing decent looking hair. However, the real test is being able to render said hair on a female model.

No_Style said:
I'm loving the over-the-top nature of the game.

I also welcome this new age of UE3 licensees producing decent looking hair. However, the real test is being able to render said hair on a female model.

I've got a feeling this new found love for the UE3 tech in Japan will provide us with pleasant results in the rendering of female characters.

ArjanN

Bebpo said:
Why Capcom hired CC2 to make a generic non-cellshaded action game on UE3.0 is beyond me.

Why not have them do Megaman Legends 3 on the Naruto engine?

Capcom is way too focused on realism these days.

lol wut.

This doesn't look generic at all. And what was the most realistic part for you? The one where a demon summons a gigantic massive buddha from space?

I liked the trailer but why use UE3 when you have an engine that looks really good? I think this game would have looked a lot better with the Naruto engine.

VariantX

game looks great, but wasnt much on showing parts where the player had direct and full control of the character, just a endless string of QTE's. But i wouldnt complain too much cuz i love watching those animated sequences CC2 is very well known for

TreIII

Looks incredibly derivative. I expected more from CC2 being involved in this equation.

And yeah, QTEs DO need to die in a fire.

Dali

Holy Shitballs! That was one of the most badass trailers I've seen in a long time... possibly ever. It looks like Godhand combat with a new storyline and art direction slapped on top. I hope I'm right. Fuck this looks awesome.

Clear said:
Based on trailer this looks drab and derivative as hell to me.

Mind you having see 3 versions of basically the same fucking game today (Shadows of the Damned, DMC reboot, and now this) my tolerance for "edgy" monster brawling is probably wearing a tad thin at this point.
-The slower combat of Shadows of the Damned looks more like RE4/5
-DMC5 is shooting for (no pun intended) faster, free-moving, combo-based... ummm... DMC-like combat
-In the Asura trailer he fights almost exclusively bare-handed and the trailer suggests either Musou, brawler-like combat or possibly something like Godhand *crosses fingers*.

How are these three versions of the same game?

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
I find it incredibly entertaining that GAF can make a golden cow out of an eyesore like God Hand but will instantly throw tantrums at any game for using UE3.

Jintor

Shig said:
I find it incredibly entertaining that GAF can make a golden cow out of an eyesore like God Hand but will instantly throw tantrums at any game for using UE3.

Kamiya. Nuff said

Shig said:
Its just the hip thing to do, a bit like bashing the wii.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I could care less about what engine it's running on. I've seen "Western DMC" today, and I've seen this, a game that remind me of the loony masculinity of things like Gurren Lagaan, Mixed with the more real, yet over the top masculinity of something like Fist of the North Star.

Bring on the Macho Screaming! Bring on the Buddah Palm X Shining Fingah! Bring on Cyber Connects 2's trademark cinematic flair and timing! Of the fully new games announced today (no counting DR2 stuff), I easily find this the most intriguing.

Shig said:

Why does every game that is using the UE3 have to tell us its using the UE3.

Seriously I don't give a shit. There are great games that use it and shitty games that use it.

The name of the engine doesnt matter to me, whether the game is good or not does.
Is there some rule that states that every developer using the engine has to stroke the UE3 creator's ego every time they release a trailer?

Its the same egotistical annoying shit I get from emails that state "sent from my blackberry" or "sent from my Android phone using TouchDown (www.nitrodesk.com)"
Its a friggin email... It doesnt matter what device it was sent from. As long as I got the email, and I can read it, I'll be happy :p

Back on topic, That was a kick ass trailer. Hope the gameplay controls similar to all that great brutal anime action I just saw

This looks incredible, shame on UE3 though. Can't wait for this gen to be over in that respect. All these games look the "same" in ways.

The slow return of JP devs, eh?

Nonoriri

If your name is Nonoriri you have to go buy Nanami's tampons.
Bebpo said:
Why Capcom hired CC2 to make a generic non-cellshaded action game on UE3.0 is beyond me.

Why not have them do Megaman Legends 3 on the Naruto engine?

Capcom is way too focused on realism these days.

All of my dreams shattered by Asura's Wrath

USD

God's Beard said:
ORE NO KONO TE GA MAKKA NI MOERU!

SHOURI WO TSUKAME TO TODOROKI SAKEBU!

BAAAAKUNETSU!

GODDO FINGAAAAAAAA!

HIIIIIIIIIIIIIITO ENDO!
Fikkusu, now with more Heat End.

daxter01

8/8/2010 Blackace was here
1284573267023367600.jpg