• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (Coming 2011)

Hag

Fuck yeah

manly_tears.jpg

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Really? REALLY? REALLY??????????????????????????

Get the fuck out of here.

edit:I NEED A FINAL SHOWDOWN CONSOLE ANNOUNCEMENT TO COMPLETE ME. I DON'T EVEN HAVE TO PLAY THE GAME. THE ANNOUNCEMENT ALONE WILL BE ENOUGH FOR ME TO SUBSIST OFF OF FOR EONS.

Monocle

2011 is looking to be an amazing year for fighting games. A Mortal Kombat reboot that might actually be good, Marvel vs. Capcom 3, and now TTT2. I'm going to get addicted all over again.

Lumine

Kyoufu said:
OH MAH GAWD

Best Tekken game gets a sequel!

People need to stop saying this. :p

This is kinda wierd. I thought T6 didn't sell too well? It looks like they're using the same engine and models that have the same low IQ with lots of aliasing which turned so many people off. Also T6 pretty much features all the tekken characters as it is. :x

looks lazy :p but still cool to get something so soon.

and by lazy i mean they could have incorporated a tag mode in tekken 7 with massive visual upgrades.

Kurtofan

Lumine said:

This is kinda wierd. I thought T6 didn't sell too well? It looks like they're using the same engine and models that have the same low IQ with lots of aliasing which turned so many people off. Also T6 pretty much features all the tekken characters as it is. :x
We need Alex the raptor,Prototype Jack,Roger senior and tetsujin.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
LongDongJunon said:
Get the fuck out of here.

edit:I NEED A THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIII CONSOLE ANNOUNCEMENT TO COMPLETE ME. I DON'T EVEN HAVE TO PLAY THE GAME. THE ANNOUNCEMENT ALONE WILL BE ENOUGH FOR ME TO SUBSIST OFF OF FOR EONS.
Fixed for reality.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I'm sure T6 sold like 3 million so I wouldn't say it sold bad.

Monocle

Lumine said:

GTFO. TTT is arguably the strongest entry in the series, and that's because of its gameplay, not its art style. The tag mechanic is central to the game, contrary to what you seem to believe. If Namco nails the fighting system, TTT2 will take the competitive gaming community by storm.

Alx

Good news. The more fighting games, the better. :)

Still, I would have liked it better if they included a tag mode in a regular Tekken game. DOA does it, after all.

Street Fighter X Tekken
Tekken X Street Fighter
Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition
Fate of Two Worlds
Mortal Kombat (W/Possible HD Collection)
3rd Strike for Matching Service
King of Fighters XIII
Arcana Heart 3
Final Showdown
DOA Dimensions
BlazeBluE Continuum Shift II
Tekken Tag Tournament 2

Elixist

Graphics look unimpressive, but DEM THROWS! Namco knows how to make fucking cool animations for their throws and the one at the end of this trailer just further cements that fact :D

LongDongJunon said:
Street Fighter X Tekken
Tekken X Street Fighter
Fate of Two Worlds
King of Fighters XII
Arcana Heart 3
Final Showdown
DOA Dimensions
Tekken Tag Tournament 2

Super Street Fighter IV 3D

(But I'm probably the only one who wants it)

Don

Yoboman said:
Aren't the Tekken team making Tekken vs. SF?
I think that I remember them saying that Tekken vs. Street Fighter would be out after Street Fighter vs. Tekken because they are busy working on another game first, so this must be that game.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
LongDongJunon said:
Street Fighter X Tekken
Tekken X Street Fighter
MvC3: Fate of Two Worlds
King of Fighters XIII

Arcana Heart 3
Final Showdown
DOA Dimensions
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
I will get those.

Mr.NiceGuy

Banned
TEKKEN TAG TOURNAMENT 2 General Info:

As everyone knows… The previously announced Street Fighter X TEKKEN and TEKKEN X Street Fighter titles are part of an overall “Fighting Game Festival.” But, the first title in the “festival” is announced today (at TOUGEKI)… TEKKEN TAG TOURNAMENT 2. Tentatively scheduled for a Summer 2011 arcade release in Japan.

TEKKEN fans are in for a real treat as the order of releases for games will be:

1. TEKKEN TAG TOURNAMENT 2
2. Street Fighter X TEKKEN
3. TEKKEN X Street Fighter

Today’s teaser trailer is in-game footage, not CG. It might look similar to TEKKEN 6, but the graphics engine has been tweaked/improved to support up to 4 characters on screen at once. The character models were redone from TEKKEN 6 moving onward to TTT2.

TTT2 will follow the same control scheme as the original Tekken Tag Tournament: One stick for movement and 5 action buttons. As seen in the teaser, there will be tag combos involving both characters tagging in and out-in succession to complete multi-hit combos/juggles. Walled stages remain and breakable walls/floors are still in the game. New mechanics and stage features will also be implemented. As seen in the trailer, there are some possible unique attacks depending on the character teams that are chosen (Ex. Jin & Asuka).

Several characters are featured in the trailer, but the character lineup will not be announced for some time

nice

Top Bottom