• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hideki Kamiya annoyed on twitter, tells fanboy to use his own brain

GrayChild

GLIrh7y.png

The Flash

Banned

Begaria

So weird. As far as I can tell and remember, I've never favorited, retweeted, or tweeted Kamiya ever. Yet I'm blocked for some reason. However, I can still see individual tweets when linked in this thread.

This guy is probably my favorite person to follow on twitter, gaming-related or not.

Seems like a person I would love to just hang out with at his place playing his nostalgic arcade games and drink some beers with:

x6pu6Nb.png

Blues1990

Man, even if you say something nice to him, he responds like a jackass. I love his games, and I can understand him acting the way he does with the dorks who can't get a clue, but good grief.

Jintor

Man, even if you say something nice to him, he responds like a jackass. I love his games, and I can understand him acting the way he does with the dorks who can't get a clue, but good grief.

not true. tell him you love his games and you'll get a smiley.

say something easily misinterpreted or that he's already answered before - BLOCKED

Blues1990

Not true. Tell him you love his games, and you'll get a smiley.

Say something easily misinterpreted or that he's already answered before - BLOCKED!

Then I must have caught him on a bad day. This was a long time ago, but when I commented on his twitter page that "I love both Viewtiful Joe & The Wonderful 101, & I hope that you continue to produce more awesome games.", he posted a sarcastic thumbs up GIF image and it was soon followed by him blocking my account.

I wished I had created a screencap of the tweet, as it wasn't long before he had deleted his response. Maybe it was a bit of miscommunication, or an error on his end for replying to the wrong tweet, I don't know.

Jintor

you probably fell foul of his policy where if you mention him in twitter conversation but don't appear to be talking directly to him he blocks you

Blues1990

you probably fell foul of his policy where if you mention him in twitter conversation but don't appear to be talking directly to him he blocks you

I just re-read my comment & edit it, as I should have proof-read it before posting.

Anyway, I did read his policies about posting on his twitter page, and I made sure that I was talking to him directly when posting my comment. Seriously, I think the guy had created some of my favourite Capcom/Platinum games to have come out in recent years, and I wanted to say that he's an awesome dude.

It's weird, as when I had meet him at PAX and I had a copy of Wonderful 101 & Viewtiful Joe in my hand, he asked if I wanted them signed. I said sure, as I had missed out on the signing booth they had that day and he was about to leave the show floor. Even when he looked completely jet lagged, he had no problems with taking the time signing his signature on my game boxes.

Jintor

i think it's more true of kamiya than normal that his online personality is different to his in-person.

he unblocks people all the time if they ask through others. personally i don't bother, it's more fun just to watch (and you won't get blocked)

Then I must have caught him on a bad day. This was a long time ago, but when I commented on his twitter page that "I love both Viewtiful Joe & The Wonderful 101, & I hope that you continue to produce more awesome games.", he posted a sarcastic thumbs up GIF image and it was soon followed by him blocking my account.

I wished I had created a screencap of the tweet, as it wasn't long before he had deleted his response. Maybe it was a bit of miscommunication, or an error on his end for replying to the wrong tweet, I don't know.

The man gets so many tweets any given hour that I wouldn't be surprised if he replied to the wrong one. Especially if he deleted his response shortly after.

Cerium

So I didn't think this called for a new thread but back in 2013 Kamiya said this:

https://twitter.com/PG_kamiya/status/293317447178674177

神谷英樹 Hideki Kamiya
‏@PG_kamiya

Nothing. Just knew some big guy of some company was a piece of shit. RT @Nik0ran: What's been bothering you?

https://twitter.com/PG_kamiya/status/293322466015711232

神谷英樹 Hideki Kamiya
‏@PG_kamiya

That shit is. RT @iHeyt: That's sad to hear. I wonder if he was japanese.

In retrospect, do we all agree that it was Konami?

Cerium

Do you think that "Konami" are the only company with assholes in all of Japan?

Who had Platinum worked with in 2013? The list isn't long.

Capcom, from their time at Clover, but Kamiya's said nothing but nice things about them since. There was the five game deal with SEGA which everyone sounded pleased with on a professional level. Nintendo with Bayonetta and W101. And then there was Konami with Metal Gear Rising.

Top Bottom