• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official: Dead Space 2 Collector's Edition, Has Replica Plasma Cutter

Collector's Edition spotted on Amazon.

7wpzn.jpg

The online retailer recently uploaded a picture of the bundle (which has now been taken down). In addition to the game disc, it looks like Dead Space 2 Collector’s Edition will also include an art cell, redeemable exclusive DLC card, CD soundtrack and a replica of the Plasma Cutter weapon.

:eek:

rance said:
The exclusive DLC card is for single player content or multi?

Looks like a armour skin. Probably over-powered like the Scorpion suit from the first game.

Thanks for creating the thread, Nirolak. :)

gdt

I'm so stoked for this game. Actually considering picking this up.

Side note: Hopefully Nintendo does a totally cool collector's edition for Zelda.

Draft

:lol

I am trying to not buy CEs because they're so stupid, but I'm probably going to get this one. Dead Space is just too good.

Draft

BTW, just a little thing: you put in a soundtrack CD, put some ID3 tags on the songs? Huh? I mean, you have to realize the first thing most people do is rip those tracks. It's such a pain when you get these soundtrack albums in CEs or for pre-ordering and the songs end up as "Song 1, Song 2, Song 3, etc." and there's no data on Amazon or FreeDB, so you have to manually update everything... what a hassle.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
PjotrStroganov said:
I hope this game doesn't have too much carrot on a stick missions like DS1 had.
This time Isaac actually decides what to do by himself quite frequently so you don't get lead around constantly by others.

Draft

Nirolak said:
This time Isaac actually decides what to do by himself quite frequently so you don't get lead around constantly by others.
:lol He's a video game character. He doesn't decide anything. He does what I tell him. I make him do whatever the objective is. Does he state the objective? Does someone else? Does it matter?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Draft said:
:lol He's a video game character. He doesn't decide anything. He does what I tell him. I make him do whatever the objective is. Does he state the objective? Does someone else? Does it matter?
Yeah I didn't really mind being told where to go for that reason, but hey, for the people that do they changed it.

NotTheGuyYouKill said:
That is wicked. I'm getting it. It'll be out for PS3, right?
I wish the PS3 version was coming with the plasma cutter as well, but the PS3 version is only going to have Extraction with it. Kind of sucks since I like collecting game related things.

Xater said:
I'll gladly take Extraction over a stupid plastic gun. :lol
I can't wait to try Extraction. I'm definitely getting the CE because of it.

lastinline said:
I wish the PS3 version was coming with the plasma cutter as well, but the PS3 version is only going to have Extraction with it. Kind of sucks since I like collecting game related things.

I can't wait to try Extraction. I'm definitely getting the CE because of it.

I dunno... I mean, the PS3 version just comes with Extraction on the disc. It can't be that hard too just put the discs in with the rest of this gear. Plus, the PS3 version is just entitled 'Limited Edition', not 'Collector's Edition'

LiK

the Dead Space FB page confirmed it. still awaiting the price.

ohhthegore said:
I don't even remember a collectors edition for the first one, what came with it?

i have it, only 1,000 made and sold from EA online store. very nice packaging but very expensive.

19189_400x230_2-300x172.jpg

19189_400x230_1-300x172.jpg

luxarific

Nork unification denier
ohhthegore said:
I don't even remember a collectors edition for the first one, what came with it?

Nicer than this one, imo. Have no use for a plastic gun.

* The Dead Space game
* Special Ultra Limited Edition packaging
* Dead Space Downfall Animated Movie (DVD)
* Bonus content DVD
* Exclusive custom lithograph art illustrated and signed by Ben Templesmith
* 97-pg Dead Space art book written and illustrated by the development team
* 160-pg Graphic novel
* Ishimura crew patch

LiK

Team Klimt said:
They only made one thousand of them - 360 only I think. The last time I saw one on eBay it was listed as a Buy It Now for $1,000.

I just searched and can't find any now though.

correct, only for 360. dayam, maybe i should sell mine...

NotTheGuyYouKill said:
It's been officially announced on the Facebook page, and yeah, it's coming for PS3 (all platforms)

they wouldn't actually confirm it on the NA facebook, nor does the tab on their FB profile with all the CE info SPECIFICALLY MENTION that the plasma cutter comes in EACH version. so basically they just specify that PS3 sku comes with Extraction, but don't state if the plasma cutter has been removed.

saWjb.png

Commanche Raisin Toast said:
they wouldn't actually confirm it on the NA facebook, nor does the tab on their FB profile with all the CE info SPECIFICALLY MENTION that the plasma cutter comes in EACH version. so basically they just specify that PS3 sku comes with Extraction, but don't state if the plasma cutter has been removed.

saWjb.png

Wait, what? You lost me.

It says right there that all versions include all that stuff. Extraction just comes on the DS2 disc.

NotTheGuyYouKill said:
Wait, what? You lost me.

It says right there that all versions include all that stuff. Extraction just comes on the DS2 disc.

i'm basically saying that they haven't specified that it's NOT in the PS3 version. their wording of saying that Extraction is in the PS3 version NEEDS to say "PS3 version includes all this PLUS Dead Space Extraction!" as of now, there is enough ambiguity for them to be able to still deny us the plasma cutter. nowhere in that image below does it state that the plasma cutter is in all versions, nor does it say that Extraction is 'on the disc'. :p

i'm sure this will be cleared up soon anyway. not a big enough deal to go back and forth about for now. my only qualm is that the 'clarity' that everyone claims to see in the NA info release isn't quite fucking crystal. there shouldn't be any room for a sudden disappointment.

Top Bottom