• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official: Dead Space 2 Collector's Edition, Has Replica Plasma Cutter

kiun

The ps3 version probably comes with the plasma cutter as well. I mean... what else are they gonna put in that over sized box ?

PS3 version is using Move, correct? Which version is the lead platform? I got the Ultra Limited Edition of Dead Space 1. I'm definitely getting this.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
PS3 version is using Move, correct? Which version is the lead platform? I got the Ultra Limited Edition of Dead Space 1. I'm definitely getting this.
Only Extraction has Move support, at least that's confirmed.

Draft

PC version is the lead platform.

Never confirmed for Move support, but hey, every 10th post in every DS2 thread is some addle brained cod asking for it, so who knows?

Dan said:
Only Extraction has Move support, at least that's confirmed.

yeah they haven't come out and said that DS2 has Move support, or shown us any videos with it being played via Move. you'd think they would have been doing so recently with all the Move launch hype and demos and what not. so it's looking like a no. plus the info release for CE shows it say "Extraction with PlayStation Move Compatibility".

all we (Move owners) can hope for is a post release patch with Move controls. i'd love to see them show capcom how it's done. same as they did with RE4/5 and Dead Space.

EDIT: i hope the plasma cutter LED's are bright enough to be used as a flashlight. i would hand it to my girlfriend when she's leaving my room for the kitchen at night, and use the ole "too dangerous, take this" line on her. :lol

texas roaches, not the dark.

more confirmation:
Q2Qwf.png

Guyver

Commanche Raisin Toast said:
EDIT: i hope the plasma cutter LED's are bright enough to be used as a flashlight. i would hand it to my girlfriend when she's leaving my room for the kitchen at night, and use the ole "too dangerous, take this" line on her. :lol

:lol :lol :lol

SleazyC

So awesome. I was hoping for a Collectors Edition for this game and EA + Visceral has answered!

Soon as pre-orders are up on Amazon I'm going to be throwing in for the PS3 version.

If it's anything like the gun that came with the Bayonetta special edition it'll be an entirely solid piece of moulded putty, poorly painted and about a quarter of the size of the real thing.

BUT IT LIGHTS UP!

LiK

Hey guys, glue the Plasma Cutter replica to your Move controller to play Dead Space Extraction. Voilà!

Monkey Pants

Outpost Games Creative Director
Draft said:
PC version is the lead platform.

Not exactly. We don't really have a lead platform. I have an Xbox, PS3 and PC at my desk and am checking builds for all of them all the time. We try to make them identical, although obviously the PC version can vary depending on your rig and settings.

Also, the Plasma Cutter in the Collector's Edition is a mini one (it has to fit in the box, after all), about 5 x 7 inches. But it does have working lasers!

There may be other...more ambitious...weapon replicas in the works, but it's not for certain yet.

Monkey Pants said:
Not exactly. We don't really have a lead platform. I have an Xbox, PS3 and PC at my desk and am checking builds for all of them all the time. We try to make them identical, although obviously the PC version can vary depending on your rig and settings.

Also, the Plasma Cutter in the Collector's Edition is a mini one (it has to fit in the box, after all), about 5 x 7 inches. But it does have working lasers!

There may be other...more ambitious...weapon replicas in the works, but it's not for certain yet.

So you guys are doing the PC version in house at Visceral? Interesting, IIRC the PC port of DS1 was done by the Melbourne studio.

codecow

I have to say that the PC build even on a shitty machine makes me cry tears of joy at the frame rate and resolution. It is so tasty... God... I am still tearing up over it.***

*** No disrespect to console users in any way, we love you too.

LiK

codecow said:
I have to say that the PC build even on a shitty machine makes me cry tears of joy at the frame rate and resolution. It is so tasty... God... I am still tearing up over it.***

*** No disrespect to console users in any way, we love you too.

* canceling preorder to buy PC parts*

Monkey Pants

Outpost Games Creative Director
faceless007 said:
So you guys are doing the PC version in house at Visceral? Interesting, IIRC the PC port of DS1 was done by the Melbourne studio.

Visceral actually has several locations. The Melbourne studio is still doing a lot of work on the PC version, but we have people here in California on it as well. There are also people in Montreal and Shanghai working on aspects of DS2.

Draft

Monkey Pants said:

Replica ripper. Have it shoot little plastic razor blades. King of toys.

Monkey Pants said:
Visceral actually has several locations. The Melbourne studio is still doing a lot of work on the PC version, but we have people here in California on it as well. There are also people in Montreal and Shanghai working on aspects of DS2.

I never realized you guys were that widespread. I always thought you guys are just in California.

Even if the Plasma Cutter is a mini replica, it's still awesome.

Here's an image someone posted of the PS3 UK CE:

71509_449820058900_524668900_5222198_6963656_n.jpg

Does anyone have a large version of that image of Isaac on the cover? I've seen that image several times in videos and off-center photos. It looks awesome.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Monkey Pants said:
Oh hey, on that topic, did you have any extra comments on this? http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=410124

I was curious if you could share what teams you had absorbed or anything else interesting. Judging by the article and locations, I'm assuming Visceral now includes the Army of Two team, the C&C team, the Mercs Inc team (if that still exists), and perhaps some more?

Also, since I notice that Visceral seems to have held a press showing at NYCC, and I'm assuming it wasn't just to talk about your studio restructure, you wouldn't happen to be able to indicate when what you showed off is going to be revealed, would you? :p

I totally understand if you can't answer either question though.

ANYONE PREORDERING AT GAMESTOP IN PERSON: make sure the guy at the register knows that you are supposed to get an Ignition voucher at the time of preordering it. the guy i got mine from tonight told me that it was at the time of PURCHASE. got back to work and saw that he was incorrect. it was actually supposed to be on my receipt but it's not. now i have to go back tomorrow.

Monkey Pants said:

hopefully they would be for purchase from the visceral store, and made in higher quantities than those backpacks that lasted a whole 5 seconds. :p

i'd pay upwards of $80 for a full scale sized line gun with blue LEDs and the ability to expand/contract the horizontal width of the front end, ala the various levels offered by upgrades. a full-sized plasma cutter Move attachment would be killer to! :D

leng jai

_dementia said:
most excessive LE yet?

Not even close. Halo Legendary/COD Prestige/Tomb Raider Ultimate Fan pack/GT5 Signature edition/Saints Row 2 Initiation pack were all far more excessive.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
Monkey Pants said:

Huh, I'm not really a fan of plastic models/toys in CEs, but if it has working lasers I have to reconsider my initial "eh" reaction to this CE. My cats should find it most enjoyable.

Top Bottom