• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last Story (Wii) has online versus and co-op modes

duckroll

There's a new scan from next week's Jump floating around now. It shows a brand new feature in the game: the Raid Lobby. Using the Raid Lobby to form parties of up to 6 players online, players can either participate in an online free for all deathmatch challenge, or the players can take part in co-op challenges against raid bosses. Also showcased in the scan is the extensive customization system for equipment. Not only are equipment all visible like in Xenoblade, but in The Last Story, players can also customize their equipment by changing the color of parts of the armor and weapons.

Luigiv

Holy shit; what the fuck?!

Monster Hunter is without a doubt to be thing to happen to Japan :D./hyperbole

ShinNL

I guess this really is different than your standard JRPG. Actually quite surprising features.

They better bring it to the west...

AniHawk

Disguises said:
Now all we need is confirmation of a western release.

Well if Reginleiv Fatal Frame IV Xenoblade The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword has a shot, this one does too.

Luigiv

Momo said:
Any friendcodes or such silliness?
Yes, it's a Nintendo published game. Expect a gimped random match-up mode with the fully featured mode reserved for Friends and, maybe if we're lucky, Rivals. FCs are ofcourse needed for adding Friends.

Momo

Banned
Luigiv said:
Yes, it's a Nintendo published game. Expect a gimped random match-up mode with the fully featured mode reserved for Friends and, maybe if we're lucky, Rivals. FCs are ofcourse needed for adding Friends.
:I :(

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
And we don't have confirmation of a western release yet.... why?

farnham said:
wut. Zelda SS is confirmed for release outside of Japan ?
No, you see there was a serious conflict between NOA and NCL since NOA wants to put an angry flying link heads on the boxart but NCL refused.

farnham

Banned
DXB-KNIGHT said:
No, you see there was a serious conflict between NOA and NCL since NOA wants to put an angry flying link heads on the boxart but NCL refused.
yeah i was shocked that they were even considering bringing zelda over.

meh im just going to play a fantranslation when someone decides to do it.

thefro

Awesome... I was hoping they'd have a feature like this.

Now we just need to bug mistwalker on twitter to make sure they have headset support if the game comes out in US/Europe.

Luigiv

thefro said:

Now we just need to bug mistwalker on twitter to make sure they have headset support if the game comes out in US/Europe.
Headsets are over-rated (plus, Nintendo published game). Just support the damn official peripheral and do it right.

thefro said:

Bitch, no. Monster Hunter has taught us to keep our mouths shut.

Just buy a wireless headset to use with Skype, Steam, TeamSpeak or whatever.

thefro

Luigiv said:
Headsets are over-rated (plus, Nintendo published game). Just support the damn official peripheral and do it right.

I'm going to ask for Wii Speak support too, don't worry.

The color customization stuff for weapons & armor looks fairly robust in the scan.... I count 64 colors.

faridmon

WTF? why does an RPG have to have that? leave the FPS and cover based TPS for that.

Well, I am expecting less developed SP now.

Luigiv

faridmon said:
WTF? why does an RPG have to have that? leave the FPS and cover based TPS for that.

2132428253.jpg

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Does it have local co-op too? If it does this just became an instant day 1 for me.

wsippel

Banned
faridmon said:

Well, Last Story is 3rd person, you can shoot stuff, and the combat is cover based, so...

faridmon

wsippel said:
Well, Last Story is 3rd person, you can shoot stuff, and the combat is cover based, so...
what happened there? the last time i left Last Story it was a fine respectable RPG. now, its a slotty western game-wannabe.

What happned to you Guchi? :(

Luigiv said:
No. I was just answering your question :D.
I am confused.
how are you answering my question if you are not implying that MH is a traditional RPG?

Luigiv

faridmon said:
I am confused.
how are you answering my question if you are not implying that MH is a traditional RPG?
Is it really that hard to understand? Because Monster Hunter has it and Monster Hunter is insanely popular. Sub-genre is irrelevant, a trend is a trend.

faridmon

Luigiv said:
Is it really that hard to understand? Because Monster Hunter has it and Monster Hunter is insanely popular. Sub-genre is irrelevant, a trend is a trend.
ah, yes. Argument from that aspect.
well, thanks to Monster Hunter popularity, I can't wait to play my medicore SP game and for making sub-generes irrelavant..
If it is localised at all.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
faridmon said:
ah, yes. Argument from that aspect.
well, thanks to Monster Hunter popularity, I can't wait to play my medicore SP game and for making sub-generes irrelavant..
If it is localised at all.
So hope Xenoblade comes out here next year as well? Impressions for the game were nothing short of great and it has no multi-player.

1GabUp

AniHawk said:
Well if Reginleiv Fatal Frame IV Xenoblade The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword has a shot, this one does too.

Stop being too positive man. I'll be crushed if it doesn't come here. :(

duckroll

I honestly don't see what all the uproar is about. The online mode here sounds EXACTLY like Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep's multiplayer mode (except that was not online). It's a completely optional and separate part of the game, instanced for multiplayer. It has nothing to do with the story or anything.

bdouble

faridmon said:
I am confused.
I think your approaching this backwards. Maybe he is implying Last Story isn't a traditional RPG and from what I can see and read it isn't. So your expectations are a little off.

Luigiv

duckroll said:
I honestly don't see what all the uproar is about. The online mode here sounds EXACTLY like Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep's multiplayer mode (except that was not online). It's a completely optional and separate part of the game, instanced for multiplayer. It has nothing to do with the story or anything.
What uproar? It's just faridmon over reacting.

Wazzim

Banned
Noooooooooooooo now I need a Wii and I already have too many systems.
Damn you Sakaguchi, I have to follow your games no matter what!

faridmon

Wow, I never thought it was alone in this uproar disagreement. What I am afraid of, is that the focus on the story becomes partial as some of the dev. team will inevitably work on the MP rather than add a thing or two to the SP. The MH argument doesn’t work as that game is tailored for MP in that mind so the team that is working on the design of that game is making both SP and MP simultaneously.

Also, I disagree about this KH comparison, SE can give the budget and an extra team to Namuro so it is sort of guaranteed that SP will fully be developed.

I am talking like we are going to have the game at all so I hope I don't jinx our luck at all :(

bdouble said:
I think you’re approaching this backwards. Maybe he is implying Last Story isn't a traditional RPG and from what I can see and read it isn't. So your expectations are a little off.
Yeah, someone told me earlier that it’s going to have guns and third person cover system which I am very sadden by.

faridmon

duckroll said:
He is raging so much he cannot even type properly anymore. :(
fixed my broken English
a bit
I don't like when my arguments get thrown out of the window because my poor english :(

faridmon said:
Also, I disagree about this KH comparison, SE can give the budget and an extra team to Namuro so it is sort of guaranteed that SP will fully be developed.

Nintendo has less resources than SE now?

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
I always have to :lol when I see forum posters telling devs how they should make their games.

"But no, you can't include basic multiplayer, that'll make the single player suck!! Look how bad Uncharted 2 and MP: Echos turned out!"

I think this is cool; if it's your last story Sakaguchi, go crazy with yo bad self. Besides, online may make it more Western appealing (at least in their minds), which increases chance of getting, it sooooo

Top Bottom