• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Photo Sharing Thread

Polyphony

Wow, delicious. Love the tones in the Ford GT shots.

kyotoshorenin2e800sig.jpg

kyotoshorenin9e800.jpg

Stunning shots everyone. Seriously considering the new track but worried it may get stale after a while in photomode. I'm liking what I'm seeing though.

Here's a few new ones from me.

grandvalleyspeedway1e80.jpg

grandvalleyspeedwaye800.jpg

grandvalleyspeedway2e80.jpg

grandvalleyspeedway3e80.jpg

Polyphony

Gorgeous! Do you use Lightroom/Photoshop to add the grain/noise?

Nice Polyphony! Are these shots stock or edited? I was trying to get some shots last night, but could'nt get the same effect you did. Mabye i just suck at using the camera....

Shots are stock, what effect are you talking about? The motion blur?

2scoops

Shots are stock, what effect are you talking about? The motion blur?

My appologies, i was not specific. It's your second picture, going through the tunnel. It's the lighting on the pillars, do you have your high beams on? I tried to get some photos like that but i can't seem to get the lighting right

Polyphony

Oh, I think the high beams are on by default, I didn't touch any of the light toggle buttons. I think the pillars look brighter due to the distortion of the camera. I shot that one at maximum wideness so there is some vignetting (darkening) on the outer edges of the picture. If I understand correctly, GT5 compensates the overall lighting levels of the photo so that the light and dark are balanced somewhat. In this case, it overexposes the brighter part of the picture (the center where the pillars are) a little bit since there is vignetting on the outside. The combination of this with the car's high beams make the lighting even more dramatic.

That's my theory anyway :p

2scoops

Oh, I think the high beams are on by default, I didn't touch any of the light toggle buttons. I think the pillars look brighter due to the distortion of the camera. I shot that one at maximum wideness so there is some vignetting (darkening) on the outer edges of the picture. If I understand correctly, GT5 compensates the overall lighting levels of the photo so that the light and dark are balanced somewhat. In this case, it overexposes the brighter part of the picture (the center where the pillars are) a little bit since there is vignetting on the outside. The combination of this with the car's high beams make the lighting even more dramatic.

That's my theory anyway :p

Excellent, thank you for your detailed response! I'll have to try out your theory, makes sense to me. I'm still learning how to use the camera properly, so i'll play around a bit. Anyways, i'll say it again, thats an outstanding set of pics!

Woah woah woah, awesome edit and Kusabi.

Some SSRX shots

6724373935_7a0a0c0d8d_b.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7010/6724374177_b663c13ffa_b.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7157/6724374521_9071bb6a1a_b.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7172/6724374739_b1d75e5bba_b.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7027/6724374979_0eaef88965_b.jpg[IMG]

And a more arcadey looking one

[IMG]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7165/6724375227_93871112d7_b.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

One of the best looking cars on GT5 looking even better :D

Iknos

I fucking love this thread so much.

You guys are probably great photographers if you try it.

Don't have time to check out the thread as often as I like but when I do I'm rewarded with a shitload of awesome shots.

Can't say that there are any pics I don't like...I truly like everyone's attempts here. Yeah I like some more than others but its all good.

Been rocking my own shots at work for my desktop backgrounds and I'm looking at creating dual desktop backgrounds. Anyone have any pointers? I'm thinking that if I strafe the camera I can easily stitch pics together but to do that right I'll have to zoom in right?

Polyphony

Don't have time to check out the thread as often as I like but when I do I'm rewarded with a shitload of awesome shots.

Can't say that there are any pics I don't like...I truly like everyone's attempts here. Yeah I like some more than others but its all good.

Been rocking my own shots at work for my desktop backgrounds and I'm looking at creating dual desktop backgrounds. Anyone have any pointers? I'm thinking that if I strafe the camera I can easily stitch pics together but to do that right I'll have to zoom in right?

Yup, I think you have the right idea. If the angle is too wide, then the distortion will ruin the panorama a little bit. I would stand still and pan the camera sideways, but strafing might work as well.

brentech

Honda Prelude, a standard w/premium wheels

The FT86 working around Rome

Special Event

Golf R

Speed Testing Golf R

Golf R - Cruising at the X

Polyphony

Wow, how do you get that angle? I can only take awkward side-closeups at Lucerne.

With all those nice textures and models, it's a shame that we need bugs to take pictures of interiors.

Top Bottom