• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Photo Sharing Thread

offshore

Few randoms.

6410719477_66c364c343.jpg
6410720469_694e572793_z.jpg

6410718715_bb9a8ba774_b.jpg

6410721053_980593d907_b.jpg

Me getting it wrong:

6410723101_a7205bd6be_b.jpg

Me getting it right:

6410723573_12fba746cd_b.jpg

Syn23

Something that they should fix (but at this point I think it's highly unlikely) is the fact that, if you watch a replay and then rewind it, tyres tracks aren't deleted.
It keeps forcing me to exit the replay I'm watching and reload it, when I try to take drift shots. : (

Besides that, I have a question, can someone clearly explain what panning mode 2 does? I know that mode 1 keeps the camera fixed to the track, while mode 3 keeps it fixed to the car. What about mode 2?

Polyphony

Actually, your assessment of Mode 1 isn't completely correct :p

Mode 1 is like standing still by the race track, and panning to follow the subject. So depending on the angle/direction of the car's movement and the point of focus, some parts may be sharper than others.

Mode 3 is like having a camera mounted to the car with a robotic arm where the car never moves relative to the camera. The car will never be blurry.

Mode 2 would be between both. (I guess it would be like taking a picture of a car while riding in another one next to it or something lol)

I like the look of Mode 1. I find it gives realistic results where the rear end of the car might appear blurry sometimes. Using 1/125, 1/250 or 1/60 in some cases with an aperture of f/45 gives a really nice motion blur to the background. Professional photographers strive for the look of Mode 3 and sometimes resort to post-processing to obtain it.

Syn23

Uhm, I see.

It's just that I usually stick to mode 3, and sometimes mode 1 for certain shots. The only times I tried using mode 2 I couldn't see any difference in comparison with mode 3, and it make sense considering what you wrote.
I guess that probably the differences appear only under certain conditions (or are subtle). Or maybe it could affect other cars that happen to be in the shot, besides the one you bring into focus.

Vally

I think the difference is that, in mode 2, the camera moves along with the car but its front and rear can be blurred if the car is spinning, while in mode 3 the car will never be blurry since the camera is completely fixed to the car, so you probably won't notice any difference between modes 2 and 3 when driving straight.

I'd say you're correct, Vally. I personally use Modes 3 and 2 most of the time. I bump down the EV on day tracks and bump it up on night tracks. .250 of exposition time and shallow depth of field or .060 and bigger DoF.

I'm pretty bad at pictures though, lately I just stick to using monochrome because it hides defects :)

Vally

I find it hard to make a standard car look nice in photos, but I think this one turned out well:

Some pics of the Bugatti Veyron:

Broman1978

STILL cant believe that PD hasn´t yet patched in so we can enter Photomode from the pausemenu (Like EVERY other game that has Photomode)
Thats one of the reason I dont use Photomode as much as I want to=/

Jea Song

Did the right thing
Hmm, I don't think there are bigger thumbnails, no :(
In case try flickr, is better than imgur and has several thumbnail sizes, but for 1080p you need a Pro account (20$ a year if I recall correctly)

lol, thanks

Good god, what car is that toyota and how do I get it? How did you 2 tone it?

magawolaz

It's the sport version of the FT86 yes, you can find it in the Toyota dealership.
The paint is not one from the DLC, you can choose between several polarized colors when buying the car (which are indeed similar to the DLC ones)

Vally

Audίoboxer;33455416 said:
I'd love the Veyron to get a premium do-over. Still one of the biggest car shocks in GT5 for me.

Yeah I'd love it too, the Veyron has already a nice level of detail for a standard model, so it would be even more awesome as a premium car.

More pics:

A.R.K

Is this real life or ...

My brain explodes every time I see this thread...just wow!!

I wonder what kind of magic PD would do on PS4 with bunch of extra RAM.

spats

Those are wonderful, rocksteady.

I wouldn't mind a large print of the B&W Cape Ring abstract shot, lol. I really like it.

Top Bottom