• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Homefront gameplay videos

MiDNiGHTS said:
I think it has some pretty solid visuals but that gameplay...

What's wrong with the gameplay? That's not being snarky, just wondering since it looked okay to me- minus the weird filter when you get hit and the run and gun style of the player.

Kade

Looks like it follows the EXACT same ruleset Call of Duty does.

Activision should just make Call of Duty the new Forgotten Realms/DnD3.0.

Kibbles

Why the fuck do I have to enter a captcha for every video I want to watch on YouTube? Pissing me off.

Raide

If the MP is anywhere near FrontLines, it will be awesome. Hopefully they have planned a team and class based MP.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Looks like whoever was recording the clips was playing on Easy-Mode or something :lol

Lunchbox

Banned
i still havent redeemed the beta key i got for this that i dont know how i got in my email

is this any good? worth the beta download?

S1kkZ

Lunchbox said:
i still havent redeemed the beta key i got for this that i dont know how i got in my email

its not a beta, its a closed alpha test.

Demo at Gamescom gave me a very "We're trying to be like Half Life 2" vibe.
To an extreme level.

Someone fainted in that booth actually, near the end of the demo.

vysez

The game has even less recoil than COD. I didn't think that would be possible for a professional game to do that, but well, here we are.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
The game is in alpha state, you are looking at a very early product, to pass in any sort of judgement is unfair. Whoever leaked that shit is going to get fucked.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
godhandiscen said:
The game is in alpha state, you are looking at a very early product, to pass in any sort of judgement is unfair. Whoever leaked that shit is going to get fucked.

thanks, edited the first post.

It's probably been said a million times, but why, why, why could they not use China or a country that would make a shred of sense?

At least the graphics look nice, I guess.

vysez

I just remembered
read googled
that this is KAOS Studios' new game. So, that combined with the "Alpha footage" warning means that there's definitely some hope for the game.

I really hope this turns out better then Frontline, but this early footage isn't pretty. That said KAOS is still promising, so I'll keep on eye out for this.

I had the impression that this was going to be some ultra-realistic, war scenario, gory, visceral game but now it just looks like -insert name here- generic shooter.

Very disappointed.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
godhandiscen said:
It's coming out on March 8th.

While a lot of change can happen in a few months, this isn't exactly very early.

CryptiK

Nirolak said:
It's coming out on March 8th.

While a lot of change can happen in a few months, this isn't exactly very early.
As they said they focused hard on the narative early on I assume the presentation of the Narative is still being worked on for the game.

Shai-Tan

Banned
enemies too stationary. lots of enemies is fine if the AI is ok or there are good dynamic triggers (yes it's not the final game. i wouldnt bother to comment if it was)

ArjanN

Shai-Tan said:
enemies too stationary. lots of enemies is fine if the AI is ok or there are good dynamic triggers (yes it's not the final game. i wouldnt bother to comment if it was)

I thought the AI looked fine, it's just that the player seems nigh-indestructable, so he can just run through their bullets and stab them.

1-D_FTW

Excuse the ignorance, but is that second video single-player or multi. I have found memories of Kaos for obvious reasons, but if all those deaths are coming from insta-respawns in multi, this game is off my list (and my Steam wishlist).

subversus

ArjanN said:
I thought the AI looked fine, it's just that the player seems nigh-indestructable, so he can just run through their bullets and stab them.

AI looked fine just standing there in the open?!!?

1-D_FTW said:
Excuse the ignorance, but is that second video single-player or multi. I have found memories of Kaos for obvious reasons, but if all those deaths are coming from insta-respawns in multi, this game is off my list (and my Steam wishlist).

"THE AI IS SO GOOD, PEOPLE THINK THEY'RE FIGHTING AGAINST ACTUAL PEOPLE!" :lol

It's SP, dude.

1-D_FTW

mescalineeyes said:
"THE AI IS SO GOOD, PEOPLE THINK THEY'RE FIGHTING AGAINST ACTUAL PEOPLE!" :lol

It's SP, dude.

Watched when I woke up in the middle of the night. That's what I get for watching without putting on my headphones.:lol

Barrett2

Ignis Fatuus said:
It's probably been said a million times, but why, why, why could they not use China or a country that would make a shred of sense?

At least the graphics look nice, I guess.
Isn't this North Korea? If so, yeah, that's pretty silly.

subversus

ArjanN said:
Most of the enemies weren't really standing there in the open.

Most enemies WERE standing in the open. And sitting too. I won't waste my time doing screens because it's obvious.

MDSLKTR

Add more recoil for the weapons and some ia and it could be really good. I really want to see the full intro to this, gives me a children of men vibe.

Dyno

I like what I've been seeing. The multiplayer seems to begin with no vehicals or drones to jump into, rather there is an escalation whereby you get kills, do stuff, and then buy your way into a tank or helicopter. It's not a killstreak reward, which is a one-shot game mechanic. It's a 'do your job and change the game' path of progression. I'm interested to try it.

Plus this game is looking pretty good. I've been getting a Battlefield-level quality vibe, though I've only seen what has been fit to show me.

Ignis Fatuus said:

It's an Asian Alliance that's attacking. N & S Korea (new best Korea) plus Japan has joined and China is something of a silent partner. It's an East Rising scenario with Korea leading the way.

faridmon

Who is devoloping this and is thier track record good enough for me to get excited about this game? I am not big on FPSes so i have to tread carefully when the subject arises.

Bi50N

ArjanN said:
I think it looks great, despite the person playing it on easy mode and sucking.

Basically, this.

We put together a few clips for gaming media that do video features / interviews (GT.com etc) to use to accompany their coverage of the single player code we showed last month - which everyone fucking loved btw - list of previews HERE, (if you read one, read the Kotaku article).

For whatever reason (read: we cocked up), the player in the footage had god mode on. In reality, you'd never be able to rush the enemy and knife them one after another - as you'd be dead.

So it's not hugely representative of actual gameplay, and it was not meant to be seen out of context of an interview / feature.

We're at Alpha in these clips (six weeks old now), so lots of polish yet to do.

We'll put out a proper level play-through when we get closer to final so you can see the ebb and flow of the levels, so judge us then.

I'm in the Alpha and the game seems to be in early stages. It is indeed hard to believe that it is coming out early next year.

However that single player footage seems to be a lot more polished than the multiplayer.

subversus

Bi50N said:
Basically, this.

We put together a few clips for gaming media that do video features / interviews (GT.com etc) to use to accompany their coverage of the single player code we showed last month - which everyone fucking loved btw - list of previews HERE, (if you read one, read the Kotaku article).

For whatever reason (read: we cocked up), the player in the footage had god mode on. In reality, you'd never be able to rush the enemy and knife them one after another - as you'd be dead.

So it's not hugely representative of actual gameplay, and it was not meant to be seen out of context of an interview / feature.

We're at Alpha in these clips (six weeks old now), so lots of polish yet to do.

We'll put out a proper level play-through when we get closer to final so you can see the ebb and flow of the levels, so judge us then.

oh, ok then. I'll add the second edit.

Looks exactly like COD to me, how is that a bad thing?

I also think China would have made more sense. No one thinks anything of North Korea other then that they are annoying assholes.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Lunchbox said:

You'll warm up to it.

Top Bottom