• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Universe Online |OT| The next legend is YOU!

icechai

TheExodu5 said:
Yeah I'm tempted to reroll off Death & Glory. It's completely unplayable as a hero.

i've made 6 characters on death & glory and it's not that bad. just don't give up in the quest areas, avoid 30s, and eventually they get bored. There's going to be other people leveling in your area so the chance of you getting picked on every single time in that whole area is kinda rare.

Hawk269

So why in the fuck is there better information about this game in this thread than the official guide or the instruction manual? There is so many things that they do not tell the player and you have to find it out for yourself. It makes it feel like the Dev. team did not have things put together enough for a decent guide about the game.

Shurs

Sqorgar said:
When will you guys learn that Gerstmann doesn't actually play the games he reviews? He throws them in the machine for like an hour and a half, then writes his review by copying sections out of the manual. He's been busted on it repeatedly, and yet people still seem to trust his reviews for some reason.

Links?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
How do you leave a league? I want to drop the one I'm in now to join up with the GAF league on Killing Joke. Got a hero healer and a villain controller.

Lv 21 and I am still loving this game. With legends, alerts, open-world pvp, arena, time trials, achievement hunting, and just checking out the city, this game is amazingly deep for a "consolized" MMO that's still in its infant stage.

Hawk269

So is anyone else re-rolling characters like crazy??? I have been through at least 8 different characters so far and I thought I was set with my finaly character and now that I read a bit more from the opening of this thread, I think I might have to re-roll again since I want to focus on healing and using dual guns instead of a bow would give me more regeneration.

Different characters in this game really play very differently and there is alot of differences as you spec out your character.

Currently rolling 2 Villians, 4 Heroes all are from level 6-level 8.

Nishastra

Banned
SuperSonic1305 said:
I don't understand the queue for Legends. I've tried like 7 times to queue and even when it says 1 min nothing happens.
The times listed seem totally meaningless. Sometimes I get in within seconds when it says 27 minutes, sometimes I wait 10 minutes when it says 1.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
DY_nasty said:
How do you leave a league? I want to drop the one I'm in now to join up with the GAF league on Killing Joke. Got a hero healer and a villain controller.
IIRC, you can do it by opening the Social menu -> select your character -> Leave League.

Here's my dude:

ca5918ca.jpg

13ca1658.jpg

hermit7

Trying to assemble a decent loadout is seemingly impossible. I can't ever seem to get a decent balance of healing and damage. When in the healing role it is easy, but when you need to cause damage it is difficult I feel to know what does what.

Finally what are your guys thoughts on Iconic powers? I have looked at them a little, but I feel that they would negatively affect my build.

Hawk269

US PC Servers going down tomorrow morning for about an hour or so for the following:

The US servers will be locked at 06:30 AM PST and brought offline at 07:00 AM PST for server maintenance. Downtime is anticipated to be one hour and the servers should be available at 08:00 AM PST.

General:

Improved Client performance and stability.
Addressed an issue where other characters may appear to "warp" onscreen.
The time it takes to get to Character Selection on launch has been reduced.
Audio:

Audio should no longer drop after cutscenes if you have your Music volume set to 0.
Chat:

The player’s Voice Chat Channel should now be selected according to the following priority, from highest to lowest:
Alert
Group
Custom
League
Player Appearance:

Equipping a new weapon should no longer cause your weapon appearance to disappear.
Swapping weapons with your weapon style locked should no longer cause the weapon appearance to change.
Movement:

Player character animations should no longer have the chance of getting stuck when weaponizing objects.

Missions:

Adjusted difficulty of content in the Venom Lab to level 7 to better match the surrounding content.
No Joke quest is now available at level 18 instead of 19.
A Crook’s Best Friend mission is now available at level 18 instead of 19.
Something’s Fishy… quest is now available at level 22 instead of 23.
Road to Hell quest is now available at level 22 instead of 23.
Fateful Omen quest is now available at level 26 instead of 27.
Hardcorps quest is now available at level 26 instead of 27.
UI:

Pressing the "Accept" button on the Server Selection screen multiple times should no longer result in odd ssues with Character Creation movies and UI.

icechai

Hawk269 said:
So is anyone else re-rolling characters like crazy??? I have been through at least 8 different characters so far and I thought I was set with my finaly character and now that I read a bit more from the opening of this thread, I think I might have to re-roll again since I want to focus on healing and using dual guns instead of a bow would give me more regeneration.

Different characters in this game really play very differently and there is alot of differences as you spec out your character.

you should try to get all your characters to lvl 16, as the 16 skills really determine how you'll end up playing with them.

hermit7 said:
Trying to assemble a decent loadout is seemingly impossible. I can't ever seem to get a decent balance of healing and damage. When in the healing role it is easy, but when you need to cause damage it is difficult I feel to know what does what.

Finally what are your guys thoughts on Iconic powers? I have looked at them a little, but I feel that they would negatively affect my build.

again at lvl 16, Healer's circle of protection and final ruin are pretty key in terms of what you do in damage, so that also opens up a different way of playing.

and iconics.. neo venom boost is a pretty strong buff, i think it lets you left cars too. and hard light shield is a huge defense boost. the rest are kind of just there if you don't have that type of power (wonder woman's lasso = gadget's line, superman's heat ray = ice's freeze ray, etc.)

Effect

Hawk269 said:

I have. Nothing really seems to work though. I've kept my original character and have him up to level 21 but the others I keep making and deleting as I try to find a power setup that really works. This is the issue I had with City of Heroes and even Champions Online when I first started playing those. I eventually found something to my liking. However here the only one I found, Mental/Brawling, has become boring though.

I don't think I'll be continuing after my free month. Will keep it installed though and if they add new power sets in the coming months I'll sign back up. I like the game overall outside of that. I don't dislike it. This happen with WoW as well. I couldn't get into any of the classes and took several attempts at playing the game before Paladin finally clicked with me. I think they had revamped the talents twice by then. I think this will join STO, CO, Guild Wars, WoW, and Everquest 2 on the list of MMOs I keep installed but jump back in for a month whenever the desire comes back.

I want to get a villain character rolling before the end of the free month though. Haven't messed with that side of things yet.

Fusebox

Banned
Aagh, I bought this from Steam about 8 hours ago and it only just got to 50%. Averaging 500k, looks like I wont even be playing it tonight... > <

jersoc

is there any way to make the game full screen window mode? alt tabbing is a bitch. all i see is window mode, but that's it. i tried to put it to my native res, but it kept breaking doing that.

I just don't understand how developers still make games where alt tabbing essentially takes minutes to get back into the game. it's fucking 2011. manage your damn resources better.

DY_nasty

Thanks for the tip on leaving the league.
hermit7 said:

I just picked up Word of Power for my controller... Needed to be able to heal BAD. Some are pretty solid stop-gap solutions.

Gonna invest a point in that +100% weaponization power to see if it gives my telekinesis a boost (like when it lifts people into the air and they get smacked by flying debris... hoping it'll allow heavier stuff to get flung around).

I just respecd again... Gonna try and beef this character up for PvP a bit more. Telekinesis doesn't seem to be the best branch for it though. Illusions seemed to be a little more versatile looking back.

Varna

Was there a website with investigation and other collectible locations? I thought I had seen a link in this thread...

Quagm1r3

So I've become obsessed with making characters from my childhood. So far I've made Kratos from God of War and Goku from Dragonball Z. I'd post screenshots but I have no idea how.

mileS

Quagm1r3 said:
So I've become obsessed with making characters from my childhood. So far I've made Kratos from God of War and Goku from Dragonball Z. I'd post screenshots but I have no idea how.

F9 on PC and the screenshot folder is in DC Game within the DC Universe Online folder.

Not sure but i think theres an option within the game that lets you hide the hud for screens.

Quagm1r3

mileS said:
F9 on PC and the screenshot folder is in DC Game within the DC Universe Online folder.

Not sure but i think theres an option within the game that lets you hide the hud for screens.

Thanks. What's a good site to host pics?

Any one-handed weapon users here that have actually been able to equip the Tech Ninja Sword? I've had the sword for ages, but it won't let me equip it as a style - whenever I select it, the game just defaults to whatever was the last weapon style I was using.

That's one problem I have with this game; a whole lot of the weapons look goofy, so while I've got about a dozen different weapon styles, I only ever use one or two, because most of them look really lame.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Are there buddy codes for this game? If yes, anyone got one left? :>

Bootaaay said:
Any one-handed weapon users here that have actually been able to equip the Tech Ninja Sword? I've had the sword for ages, but it won't let me equip it as a style - whenever I select it, the game just defaults to whatever was the last weapon style I was using.

Congratulations! You have found a bugged weapon style (like I did a few pages ago). That style when used will automatically default to the last style your character had before you switched to it, and everyone can see it too. In short equip any weapon with any style you want, then swap back to that weapon style and you'll use using that weapon as 1H, be it bare hands (Invisible weapon), Staff, 2H, Rifle, Etc.

Its awesome, don't complain!

Quagm1r3 said:
DC Game is a BIGASS folder. I'll post pics when I find out where the hell they are.

The one in My Documents where the screenshots are is rather small.

Macattk15 said:
I must say ... fighting all the Green Lantern mobs was the most annoying part of this game so far.

Yup, most irritating enemy in the game, one pushing you back with the fan, one pushing you another way with the shield and another dropping an anvil on your head, their pushing skills normally mean you agro at least 3 or 4 at a time and get smashed.

icechai

MMET101_AUDIO-PC-22-0331110.jpg

MMET101_AUDIO-PC-22-0329130.jpg

My main. Bow/Ice is ridiculously awesome, melee knockbacks, and crazy arrow attacks, especially with the ice weapon skill (which also gives them chill effect, synergies with many other skills that root/freeze and stuff)

DY_nasty

My first time doing the Hive Alert - I was level 22 with this character.

What the fuck is this nonsense

Sqorgar said:
When will you guys learn that Gerstmann doesn't actually play the games he reviews? He throws them in the machine for like an hour and a half, then writes his review by copying sections out of the manual. He's been busted on it repeatedly, and yet people still seem to trust his reviews for some reason.

To be fair, I have him on my PSN friends list and he played the HELL out of DC Universe Online for a good week. Whether that's long enough to review an MMO is up for debate, but he definitely put in way more than 90 minutes.

I also happen to disagree with his review (and the fact that people are "reviewing" this game in the first place), but whatever. I'mma keep on enjoying it. Sucks for those people who will miss out because of this review.

get2sammyb said:
To be fair, I have him on my PSN friends list and he played the HELL out of DC Universe Online for a good week. Whether that's long enough to review an MMO is up for debate, but he definitely put in way more than 90 minutes.

I also happen to disagree with his review (and the fact that people are "reviewing" this game in the first place), but whatever. I'mma keep on enjoying it. Sucks for those people who will miss out because of this review.

Honestly, if this is true, he looks even more foolish than if he just scanned the game.

krypt0nian said:
Honestly, if this is true, he looks even more foolish than if he just scanned the game.

Agree, maybe he was just idling/ downloading updates the whole time? (im joking!)

In other news there is a new client update for EU PS3, 1.03 - 121MB +51MB ingame update

Found my first 2 epic rares yesterday, both from my first 2 duo's, handwraps of isis and brother eye's helmet (which looks very cool, got asked where I got it from tons last night)

Almost halfway to getting my first part of the frozen fury iconic armor (is it T1 or T2?) think im going to get either the controller back piece or the chest piece, I do prefer the armor brother blood gives out tho.

Oooh just going through the feats and found the one for seeing iconic heroes, so far i've only seen batman, I wish you got something cool for actually doing the feats or you could use your earned stars to buy equipment.

theta11

kyo_daikun said:
Oooh just going through the feats and found the one for seeing iconic heroes, so far i've only seen batman, I wish you got something cool for actually doing the feats or you could use your earned stars to buy equipment.

for every 100 feat points you earn you get a skill point. thats pretty cool imo.

Tobor

I finally have some time to play this morning. World down, lol. Figures. It will be back up in an hour or so right?

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I'm so excited to see the fixes implemented. Especially with the voice chat on PS3. Thank God they are giving us the options to choose channels.

As Kilthee said, there is a patch and server side maintenance which should be over shortly. Don't know what time the patch will hit but I will likely check around noon EST. I can't wait. The mic issues are the main reason my 3 closes friends and I have not been able to play this. The other fixes as sweet icing.

Top Bottom