• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

360 Live sale (1/11/11)

Kafel

Banned
Plenty of them these days.

Activision stuff (through January 17)

Games on Demand
Crash Bandicoot: Wrath of Cortex 600
Legend of Spyro 600

XBLA
Assault Heroes 200
Assault Heroes 2 400
Arkadian Warriors 400
Carcassonne 400
Golf: Tee It Up! 400

DLC (50% off)

Call Of Duty 3
Valor Map Pack
Bravo Map Pack 200

Call Of Duty 2
Skirmish Map Pack
Invasion Map Pack 400

Call Of Duty 4
Variety Map Pack

World At War
Map Pack Bundle (all 3 map packs in 1)
Map Pack 1, Map Pack 2, Map Pack 3 400 , 400 , 400

Guitar Hero: Warriors Of Rock
warriors of rock pack 1 guitar hero
my chemical romance pack 300
rocky horror picture show 220
Linkin Park pack 480
Soundgarden: Telephantasm Album 720

Guitar Hero 5
Rock Pack 1
Megadeth Pack 220
Avenged Sevenfold 220
Disturbed Pack 220
Fall Out Boy Pack 220

Dj Hero 2
Hit makers mix pack
Electro hits mix pack 320

Dj Hero
Jay-Z Vs. Eminem Pack
David Guetta Pack 320

Transformers
War For Cybertron pack 1
War For Cybertron pack 2 400

-----

Deal of this Week -Zombie Theme (you need to be Gold)
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Promotion/dealoftheweek

L4D Crash Course 240
L4D2 The Passing 240
Zombie Apocalypse 400
The Dishwasher: Dead Samurai 400
Borderlands Zombie Island 400
avatar stuff : Zombie Mask, Zombie 80, 160

-----

Outrun Online Arcade 400 (permanent price drop?)

How are the GoD games ?

V_Ben

Banned
Remember, pick up Outrun if you're even on the fence about it. Game is gonna disappear this December.

RedSwirl

V_Ben said:
Remember, pick up Outrun if you're even on the fence about it. Game is gonna disappear this December.

I own the PC version of OutRun 2006 Coast 2 Coast, is this worth it?

Elixist

Grab Carcassonne if you dont have it, really fun turn based strategy if you like board games you'll like this.

V_Ben

Banned
RedSwirl said:
I own the PC version of OutRun 2006 Coast 2 Coast, is this worth it?

Do you want Outrun on your 360? If so, it's worth it. It doesn't really add anything new... not that i'm aware of at any rate.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
The Faceless Master said:
iirc you always could, you just had to press Y on the game puchase screen to switch from cash to MSP.

great thanks, never noticed this.

zugzug

hrm I think I remember looking at Assault Heroes from two years ago at that price prolly finally time. same with Assault heroes 2 I guess.

Rengoku

Is there a site that keeps track of game prices on XBL marketplace? Something like Appshopper for iOS that will notify me when a game I want goes on sale?

Dave Long said:
Yeah, this. What's the difference in the XBLA one?

The XBLA game is a pretty bare bones port of the Arcade version of Outrun 2 SP. Meaning it has no mission modes, and only the SP courses.

EDIT: Outrun 2 for the Xbox has 15 courses (plus bonus tracks). After this came out they released Outrun 2 SP in Arcades, which had 15 new courses. Outrun 2 Coast 2 Coast featured all 30 courses plus unlockable bonuses and is really the definitive version of the game. The XBLA version only has the 15 new SP courses.

You get Outrun mode (standard) Heart Attack (various challenges set throughout a race by co-driver) and Time Trial. You also get 8 player online.

In almost every way it is inferior to the PC version of Coast 2 Coast, but it should play much better than the OG Xbox version through backwards compatibility, which had terrible framerate issues, last time I checked (which was a long time ago, probably before the last B/C updates).

It also only has a small selection of soundtracks, the default ones from Coast 2 Coast, with none of the unlockables like the 1986 versions of main tunes. As I said, it is bare bones, but it is also really cheap.

If you've never played Outrun 2 in any form, I recommend it thoroughly. Just don't expect to find many people playing it online.

Dave Long

Banned
Thanks. That's a great description of the differences. I'll probably save the points then. It would be nice to have it accessible without a disc, but not nice enough to waste the points on it.

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Just outrun it seems then. Unless Assault heroes 2 is any good?

They're both great fun if you enjoy top down shooters with a mission structure. Funner if you have someone to co-op with, though.

Z_Y

CoD2 map packs probably still cost more than CoD2 itself.

Will be picking up the L4D DLCs though.

Why is Outrun going bye-bye?

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Grabbed the Transformers packs, unfortunately I doubt the people with the DLC will even be able to fill a room at this point. Such a shame the game was marketed so poorly, WFC is a fantastic multiplayer game.

DMczaf

Games on Demand
Crash Bandicoot: Wrath of Cortex 600
Legend of Spyro 600

XBLA
Assault Heroes 200
Assault Heroes 2 400
Arkadian Warriors 400
Carcassonne 400
Golf: Tee It Up! 400

HarrisonFord.gif

Noogy

In for Golf: Tee it up. Relaxing and beautiful little golf game. And I just now realized it's by Housemarque.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
The Faceless Master said:
iirc you always could, you just had to press Y on the game puchase screen to switch from cash to MSP.

I never knew that, lol. Thanks.

DJ_Lae

Arkadian Warriors isn't a delisted title? You'd think with its sales and review scores it would have been long gone

(man I wish I had never drunk purchased that game, it's terrible)

firehawk12

Subete no aware
DJ_Lae said:
Arkadian Warriors isn't a delisted title? You'd think with its sales and review scores it would have been long gone

(man I wish I had never drunk purchased that game, it's terrible)

Really? I was going to buy it because I figured for 400 points, you can't go wrong with an ARPG. :lol

seady

How are the Left 4 Dead DLC?
I still don't quite understand how it works as some are available for both L4D1 and L4D2? Are they separate DLCs?

DJ_Lae

firehawk12 said:
Really? I was going to buy it because I figured for 400 points, you can't go wrong with an ARPG. :lol

Well maybe 'terrible' is a bit unfair. It's just bland...boring characters and very uninteresting dungeon design.

I did finish it to completion, but I think that has less to do with the game's quality and simply the sheer lack of action RPGs on consoles this gen.

Noogy

seady said:
How are the Left 4 Dead DLC?
I still don't quite understand how it works as some are available for both L4D1 and L4D2? Are they separate DLCs?

They are both excellent, and must plays if you care about the fiction. From what I remember they were a little shorter than the main campaigns, but had some nice midlevel 'challenges' to add variety.

And having played them a number of times, I still can't give you a straight answer on whether you need seperate copies of the Passing for each game. I want to say no, but wiser men than me might have a better answer.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
iconoclast said:
Yes, it's very good. Think Devil May Cry gameplay in 2D with abysmal graphics.
I wouldn't say abysmal. The animations could use some work though. 400 pts is a good price for the game. It also got an additional psychological price drop after 1200 became the new norm.

Vormund

Shig said:
Grabbed the Transformers packs, unfortunately I doubt the people with the DLC will even be able to fill a room at this point. Such a shame the game was marketed so poorly, WFC is a fantastic multiplayer game.

Escalation mode seems to be going the strongest at this point so you should get some use out of the DLC. Yeah and I've had a hell of a lot of fun with WFC.

Top Bottom