• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

L.A. Noire Retailer Exclusive Bonus Content Revealed

Pooya

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswi...ockable-bonus-content-when-you-preorder-.html

Pre-Order with GameStop to get 'The Naked City' Vice Case & Badge Pursuit Challenge
(Also available via Game in the UK, and GameStop in Canada)

‘The Naked City’ Vice Case
In this bonus case from L.A. Noire’s Vice Desk, detective Cole Phelps investigates the supposed suicide of a stunning fashion model. Can you help Cole unravel the truth in a city blighted by drugs, corruption and greed, where the death of a beautiful woman is never as straightforward as it seems?

The Badge Pursuit Challenge
Hidden around L.A. Noire’s beautiful recreation of 1947 Los Angeles are 20 police badges to find and collect. If you can find all 20 of these badges, the dapper Button Man suit will be unlocked which provides extra ammo for all weapons. Each badge also provides 5 additional XP which will help further unlock Intuition Points – special credits that can be used to give Phelps a key investigative insight when you need it most

NakedCity_CasePoster.jpg

Pre-Order with Amazon to get 'The Broderick' Detective Suit
(Also available via Amazon in the UK, and Amazon in Canada)

This unlockable detective suit boosts your fist-fighting capabilities and resilience to damage. Throughout L.A. Noire while working cases, you’ll encounter quite a few suspects and persons of interest who prove to be resistant to arrest. Your hand-to-hand fighting skills will be called into action on these cases – the Broderick suit with its enhanced fighting abilities may be that edge in helping make that collar.

Broderick_CasePoster.jpg

Pre-Order or purchase at launch (while supplies last) with Wal-Mart to get the ‘A Slip of the Tongue’ Traffic Case
(Also available via Play in the UK, and Wal-Mart in Canada)

“A Slip of the Tongue” is a bonus case from the Traffic Desk in which a seemingly run of the mill car theft ends up sparking an explosive investigation into the largest auto fraud racket the city has ever seen. With the stolen cars piling up and questionable characters at every turn, can you help Cole Phelps crack the biggest case so far in his career?

ASlip_CasePoster.jpg

Pre-Order or purchase at launch (while supplies last) with Best Buy to get 'The Sharpshooter' Detective Suit
(Also available via Zavvi in the UK, and Best Buy in Canada)

The Sharpshooter unlockable detective suit enhances your aim with rifles and pistols. Always a worst case scenario for any detective working a case, there are of course those occasions for Cole Phelps when pursuing a suspect escalates to gunfire. In these tense shootouts, the Sharpshooter suit provides that extra aiming precision to take the criminal down.

Sharpshooter_CasePoster.jpg

Everyone in North America who pre-orders their copy through the Rockstar Warehouse will receive an official L.A. Noire tee-shirt.
Everyone who pre-orders with Target will receive a $5 Gift Card, and get a free Rockstar Games t-shirt if purchasing the game in-store during launch week. All incentive offers are limited in quantity and available while supplies last.

Wow, after all the grief it got in the last thread, it's just useless junk. I'll stick with my tax-free release date delivery, thanks.

Morn

Banned
SirIgbyCeaser said:
BUT I WANT BOTH THE GAMESTOP AND AMAZON PREORDER BONUS ?!!?

Sometimes Amazon will email you the pre-order code as soon as you pre-order. You can then just cancel it and still keep the code.

Barakov

SirIgbyCeaser said:
BUT I WANT BOTH THE GAMESTOP AND AMAZON PREORDER BONUS ?!!?

Buy the game twice.

I'll be getting it from Amazon simply because I'll have some credit from a recent purchase.

Barakov said:
Buy the game twice.

I'll be getting it from Amazon simply because I'll have some credit from a recent purchase.
Pretty soon retailers will be selling their DLC bonus', just wait for the time to come.

epmode

If we hold as certain that this sort of thing gets worse over time, I can't even imagine what the next generation will bring. Retail-exclusive cases are horrible enough as is.

epmode said:
If we hold as certain that this sort of thing gets worse over time, I can't even imagine what the next generation will bring. Retail-exclusive cases are horrible enough as is.
Retailer exclusive whole games. Hahaha

Kafel

Banned
You guys need to talk to each others and decide to buy your games elsewhere than shops doing this kind of shit.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
It's like company's are trying to out do each other. Well, we have dozens of skins. Well, we are giving away exclusive map packs or modes. Eat it bitches, exclusives Single Player missions!

Fjordson

Damn, I wish Amazon got a bonus case. Not really feeling that suit.

GameStop's bonus is tempting, but I guess I'll stick with Amazon for the extra $10 in credit.

Count of Monte Sawed-Off said:
Amazon always gets the worst for some reason. Still, fuck gamestop.
this this this this.

And I will STILL preorder from Amazon regardless. Fuck Gamestop, may all of their magazine racks be re-oriented horizontally.

Why For?

Banned
I have no problem with Platform exclusive DLC because I own all the platforms.

But Retailer exclusive DLC is fucking horse shit.

Wal Mart or GameStoop in order to maximize your content? Ugh, no big deal. Will stick with Amazon and rock the ugly blue suit.

lantus

Well, if past cases are anything to go by, Amazon will eventually be the place to pre-order because they always seem to give $10-$20 credits for big releases.

Top Bottom