• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February 2011 NPD Predictions - Closes Monday, March 7th

@NPD reports that Xbox 360 was #1 again in Feb w/ 535K sold, biggest non-holiday month ever, up 27% YOY

WTFuck!? That's amazing!

All without a single new major game (no, MvsC will not sell systems and I doubt that Namco's Brain Age ripoff would've done much by itself)

2d7x55t.gif

Rham

Banned
BenjaminBirdie said:
People assumed the 360's season would be over in 2009.

I remember that one NPD thread where some people were convinced Microsoft was leaving the video game industry. Boy do those guys look dumb now.

I guess we'll just keep it in this thread for now.

Microsoft Psyched About Xbox 360 Momentum After February Sales Win

Posted March 10, 2011 by James Brightman

Today's NPD data day and Microsoft has just revealed that its Xbox 360 console has sold 535,000 units for the month. "February was the biggest non-holiday month of console sales in the U.S. in the history of the Xbox, according to NPD. For the second month in a row, Xbox 360 was the number one console, maintaining its lead in the U.S. as the top selling console in 2011," Microsoft said.

The company also noted that total retail spend on the Xbox 360 platform (hardware, software and accessories) reached $475 million, which is "the highest among current generation consoles."

The news comes right after Microsoft reached another important sales milestone, as Kinect has sold through 10 million worldwide. "Microsoft expects the momentum to continue throughout 2011 as Xbox 360 owners look forward to the arrival of Kinect-enabled Netflix and Hulu Plus, Avatar Kinect as well as a diverse catalog of new games," the company stated.

http://www.industrygamers.com/news/xbox-360-is-best-selling-console-in-february-with-535000-sold/

Top Bottom