• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February 2011 NPD Predictions - Closes Monday, March 7th

Im sorry to interject, but I do think 310K and lower for X360 units sales in February is just extremely low and pretty much assured to be impossible. Supplies surely werent constrained for the entire month...

donny2112

a Master Ninja said:
It has become hard to find un-bundled 360s at US retailers for a little while.

Yeah, it's got to be affecting that % of bundles sold number reported by Pachter, as well. It's either 1) fortunate for Microsoft that non-bundled 250GBs are hard to find pushing up Kinect adoption or 2) designed by Microsoft that non-bundled 250GBs are hard to find pushing up Kinect adoption. This is the company that heavily channel-stuffed in Fall 2006 to be able to say they reached 10m "first," though (4.4m shipped in Oct-Dec 2006 followed by 500K shipped worldwide in Jan-Mar 2007), so there's room for either view. :lol

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
I expect all consoles to be down year on year this month. Because they were all unusually high last year.

[360] 380k
[NDS] 350k
[PS3] 280k
[WII] 300k

sciplore

[360] 400k
[NDS] 250k
[PS3] 355k
[WII] 370k

Missed the deadline last time but then again I did so horrible it was better off as a miss.

Pooya

donny2112 said:
~8 hours left to predict for February's NPD. :)

I guess time is up :p

Wedbush February sales estimates (change year-on-year):
360 - 385,000 (-9%)
DS - 300,000 (-51%)
Wii - 305,000 (-23%)
PS3 - 310,000 (-14%)
PSP - 85,000 (-36%)
PS2 - 25,000 (-75%)
Total - 1, 410,000 (-30%)

EEDAR February sales estimates (change year-on-year):
360 - 400,000 (-5%)
DS - 330,000 (-46%)
Wii - 315,000 (-21%)
PS3 - 300,000 (-17%)
PSP - 95,000 (-29%)
PS2 - N/A
Total - 1,440,000 (-29%)

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/292371/news/xbox-360-topped-us-sales-in-february-analysts/

donny2112

miladesn said:
I guess time is up :p

It's still fine. I knew that we'd cross over the Wedbush/EEDAR predictions by extending the deadline to Monday evening, but with greater participation last month by accidentally extending it into Monday, it seemed worth it. As long as it doesn't become "Price is Right" predictions with the professionals as the basis, it should be fine. :)

doicare

donny2112 said:
It's still fine. I knew that we'd cross over the Wedbush/EEDAR predictions by extending the deadline to Monday evening, but with greater participation last month by accidentally extending it into Monday, it seemed worth it. As long as it doesn't become "Price is Right" predictions with the professionals as the basis, it should be fine. :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vp0aCbb-0C0

:)

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Well if it's still alright then I'll do mine too :)

[360] 350000
[WII] 300000
[PS3] 280000
[NDS] 275000

jvm

Gamasutra.
donny2112 said:
February 2011 NeoGAF NPD Predictions

1. 360 - 379K
2. WII - 309K
3. NDS - 298K
4. PS3 - 284K
Looking at this and the prof. analysts, I'm really surprised at how bullish they are on the PS3. What do y'all think is the reason for that?

jvm said:
Looking at this and the prof. analysts, I'm really surprised at how bullish they are on the PS3. What do y'all think is the reason for that?
I do know from my local Gamestop that the KZ3 bundle was in high demand. I didn't make any predictions. Just telling you what I heard.

jvm

Gamasutra.
CitizenCope said:
I do know from my local Gamestop that the KZ3 bundle was in high demand. I didn't make any predictions. Just telling you what I heard.
I thought about KZ3, and the bundle, and simply didn't believe that it would move more systems than usual. I don't have a dog in the fight one way or the other, but I am genuinely curious if the prof. analysts are seeing/hearing something I'm not that would justify the optimism for the PS3.

GarthVaderUK said:
Said it in the Kinect sales thread but I'll say it again here:

Good lord! :O

Me too. Can we get the NPD thread going please?

There's like 3 of us that know this now, but personally I didn't want to step on anyone's toes and create a thread for it.

Paracelsus

newjeruse said:
Is there a reason for that? I can't think of one off-hand.

The Xbiix is finally here? Yeah, I was one of the people that didn't think kinect wouldn't make it that soon to 10 mln, strong performance really.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Screw you Microsoft. Ruining my predictions single handly for 2 months straight.

Crazy number.

Top Bottom