• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wrecked – Revenge Revisited Announced for XBLA and PSN

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
http://electronictheatre.co.uk/inde...ed-for-xbox-live-arcade-a-playstation-network

505 Games has today announced Wrecked – Revenge Revisited, an all-new battle racer from the team behind seminal multiplayer title, Mashed. Set for release on both Xbox LIVE Arcade for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation Network, Wrecked – Revenge Revisited will be released this spring.

In 2004, developer Supersonic released Mashed for Xbox console, PlayStation 2 and Windows PC to public and critical acclaim. Fast forward to 2011, and the same team is developing a modern, action packed, full on mayhem, driving title with elements that made previous titles such a success. Wrecked – Revenge Revisited will be the first ever online racing game from Supersonic.

“We’re really excited to partner with 505 Games to bring the spiritual successor to Mashed to our existing fan-base and our unique style of racing mayhem to a brand new audience. We want to bring some soul and humourElectronic Theatre Image back into the racing genre, and can’t wait for [PlayStation Network] and [Xbox LIVE Arcade] consumers to get their hands on Wrecked – Revenge Revisited.” Said Pete Williamson, Managing Director, from Supersonic.

Wrecked – Revenge Revisited is not about fast lap times, gaining pole position, perfect cornering or aerodynamics; it’s about winning by any means necessary. Aggressive driving is not so much encouraged, but a given prerequisite as players will come across a wide variety of weapons and vehicle enhancements to help muscle rivals off the track and out of the points. Survivors are encouraged to keep their wits about them however, as vanquished foes are given the opportunity for instant revenge via five different aerial strikes to add a certain spice to proceedings.

Wrecked – Revenge Revisited builds upon this unique formula by adding customisation of player cars, so rivals will see each other coming with no mistake. A single player Championship Mode will offer twenty-four Electronic Theatre Imagechallenges divided across four disciplines to allow drivers plenty of solo time to hone their skills. Up to four players can tear out against each other in either local or online multiplayer modes across a number of different tracks in distinctive locations.

“With Wrecked – Revenge Revisited, Supersonic are again able to show just how good they are at putting together irresistible, pick up and play racing action,” commented Tim Woodley, Global Brand Director, 505 Games. “Mashed was a one-off title that has yet to be toppled in the fun stakes, and we’re proud to be able to bring a modern take on a classic to a new generation.”

Wrecked – Revenge Revisited will be available on both Xbox LIVE Arcade for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation Network this spring.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
This must be what Gas: Fuel for Fun was renamed to. Weird that there weren't any Micro Machines type of racing games for ages and now we're getting two in a row.

Mashed remains one of last generation's finest multiplayer experiences. Wrecked looks to be channelling that same goodness, thus will become one of this generation's finest multiplayer experiences.

It hath been spoke, thus it shall be.

Seriously, any fellow who didn't get to play Mashed with friends last gen missed out. Terrific game. Pitch-perfect physics, great controls, terrific balance.

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
Fucked up. I kinda expected this to be part of the summer of arcade :|. There's no other releases on XBLA during a summer of arcade period? Or is that considered suicide to do.. Anyway, sucks if this actually ends up in september. Release roster is totally crowded that month, I'd rather be spending some time with this in summer.

It will be interesting to see if the small but dedicated Mashed community will be distinguishable online :). Can't wait to pull all the dirty tricks of the book on Polar Wharf. I also really hope there's something like Ventura Boulevard returning.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
any news? blog says PS3 version is approved and ready to go, just waiting on the Xbox version

I'd love a Vita version of this too.

meppi

any news? blog says PS3 version is approved and ready to go, just waiting on the Xbox version

I'd love a Vita version of this too.

Watched the trailer for it last week on XBLA when it popped up so it shouldn't be too long (I hope).
Loooooooooooooooooooove the prequels! :D

Hejdlond

It's coming out on the 28th

Been waiting for this game for sooooo long. Having spent a ridiculous amount of time playing Mashed (both vanilla and Fully Loaded) I'm really looking forward to spending hours playing this the coming weekend.

And there might be a PC version too if there's interest. From Supersonic's site:

PC anyone?
Posted March 16th, 2012 by Supersonic and filed in Gas
7 Comments

If you’d like to see the game on PC, please email:

wrecked@supersonic-software.com

with the subject line “PC please!”

If there’s enough demand…

The M.O.B

/sigh

Why do I have to keep begging just to get a PC version. If they have a 360 version, then a PC version shouldn't be that much more work than usual....

their website says to email them if you want a PC version.

I have emailed them of course, years ago. I like emailing people.

/sigh

Why do I have to keep begging just to get a PC version. If they have a 360 version, then a PC version shouldn't be that much more work than usual....

yep. have also commented on pretty much all their news updates since the project started about pc version. lol

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Anyone else tried the demo? Really poor front end, and no single player at all (at least on ps3). Took me ages to find a multiplayer game to join, got dropped from the first quick match and then it seemed stuck trying to join the same game. Then choosing custom game kept saying the game was full or disconnected. Very flaky

Finally got into a game against one guy and it was great - just like the mashed of old. A couple of really odd camera angles on the mine track - one where a banner over the track obscured your view so you nearly fall down a hole, and one on a hairpin where the camera suddenly goes in front of you and you drive off the edge. I *think* they are deliberate - the hairpin only seems to happen if you are in the lead so it could be a handicapping thing.

So incredibly clumsy menus, possibly dodgy online multiplayer, but still great. Get some friends around with beer and snacks to throw at each other and have a great time

GrayFoxPL

Anyone else tried the demo? Really poor front end, and no single player at all (at least on ps3). Took me ages to find a multiplayer game to join, got dropped from the first quick match and then it seemed stuck trying to join the same game. Then choosing custom game kept saying the game was full or disconnected. Very flaky

Finally got into a game against one guy and it was great - just like the mashed of old. A couple of really odd camera angles on the mine track - one where a banner over the track obscured your view so you nearly fall down a hole, and one on a hairpin where the camera suddenly goes in front of you and you drive off the edge. I *think* they are deliberate - the hairpin only seems to happen if you are in the lead so it could be a handicapping thing.

So incredibly clumsy menus, possibly dodgy online multiplayer, but still great. Get some friends around with beer and snacks to throw at each other and have a great time

Can't believe how lazy it was, the demo. It was just Mashed online, I don't even see much graphical upgrade over Mashed. Did Supersonic guys over all this time only managed to do this on ps360? Lazy.

Whomever decided on this as the demo should be fired on the spot.

Sectus

I like it :(

As far no singleplayer in the demo, I think that was very much intentional. This is a multiplayer game at its core, and you have access to both local and online multiplayer in the demo. If anyone is interested in this game for purely singleplayer content with no interest in a multiplayer game, they're probably looking at the wrong game.

I personally don't mind if this is basically Mashed. I can't play that game anymore and it didn't have online support anyway.

sytadel

Why hasn't this game received an update, it still freezes regularly. An absolute disgrace considering how much I paid for it. Such a shame too, because I really adore this game when playing with friends.

hymanator

I was disappointed that this game never came out for PS3 in the USA. I was waiting patiently this entire time only to be shocked that it's been out overseas for as long as it has. I loved Mashed/Drive to Survive and the micro machines games and have been looking forward to this. Will it work if I create a foreign account and buy it that way or will there be issues with doing that?

(p.s. Sorry for posting in an older topic, was debating if it was better to search or to make a new thread.)

Top Bottom