• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow "Reverie" |OT|

qujmQ.jpg

Out now on PSN
$9.99
1047 MB
New trophies/achievements

Eurogamer said:
Reverie is the first of two planned DLC packs for the 8/10 action game. It sees players return to the castle setting from the end of Lords of Shadow, where Gabriel seeks to assist the recently slain vampire Queen's handmaiden.

Three stages are included, and what Konami calls a "breathtaking" plot twist, designed to set up the next DLC pack's "stunning conclusion".

That next DLC pack is Resurrection, which picks up after LOS finishes and provides an insight into the game's epilogue as well as a final showdown between Gabriel and a "very notorious enemy".

Reposting from the other thread:

Since I lost all my saves for the original due to a YLOD, I'm still debating whether or not I want to play this. I did "borrow" a save from someone, but I'm a trophy whore and it locks trophies if you do that. so, if anyone wouldn't mind, could you post:

1) A trophy list (along with gold/silver/bronze for each one)
2) The number of additional chapters that are included in the DLC, and how many stages each one has
3) If anyone has tried playing this from a copied save, whether or not you got any trophies.
4) Once someone beats it, how many hours it took you to beat it, and whether or not you think it's worth it overall (in your own opinion) for me to go through the game again.

Since it shows up as Chapter XIII in the map, I'm assuming this means you do need to beat the game before you can do any DLC content.

burgerdog

Playing it now, revisiting Chapter VI area for now, hopefully everything that comes after is new. So a quick breakdown of things:

Comic-style cutscenes, have watched two so far that are quite lengthy.
Three "stages" in Chapter XIII.
New enemy is called
Forgotten One.
Gabriel is narrating the intro to stages now.

burgerdog said:
Playing it now, revisiting Chapter VI area for now, hopefully everything that comes after is new. So a quick breakdown of things:

New enemy is called
Forgotten One.

Oh wow, when it said 3 stages I thought that meant 3 chapters. 3 "stages" seems really short, unless there's more to the story.

Spiegel

cpp_is_king said:
Oh wow, when it said 3 stages I thought that meant 3 chapters. 3 "stages" seems really short, unless there's more to the story.

Press note said two additional chapters

burgerdog

2 Bronze
4 Silver

Trophies~
Bronze
Skirmish = Finish the levels from Chapter 13 in Squire
Gest = Finish the levels from Chapter 13 in Warrior

Silver
Crusade - Finish the levels from Chapter 13 in Knight
Epic Victory - Finish the levels from Chapter 13 in Paladin
Master of the reliquary - Gather all the fingers of Frankenstein
Trials - Complete all the trials for Chapter 13

TheJollyCorner said:
daaaaaaaa-yum! Out of nowhere for me.

I just bought Legend of Mana, scrolled down, and saw this. DOH!

Pretty much, we were all expecting it next week, they said it would be 3/30.

NOT COMPLAINING.

burgerdog said:

New enemy is called
Forgotten One.

Looked up that enemy, and...

burgerdog

Stage 1 was very short, maybe 5-10 minutes tops. Stage 2 should last about 30-45 depending on how many times you die. On stage 3 now.

Out now?! WHAT?! THIS IS THE BEST SURPRISE EVER HOLY SHIT I THOUGHT IT WAS A WEEK AWAY STILL...

Damn, I hope I can remember how to play this game...

TOTALLY GETTING THIS!!! I thought it was due next week, but thanks for this news!!! This is even better news than Crysis 2 release
for PC being downgraded =( !!! (not that there is anything wrong with it gameplay wise)

Um, GAF, I had $0.98 in my PSN wallet, and when I selected "Confirm Purchase" it went straight to the download screen without prompting me to add funds to my wallet. It appears as though it charged my credit card automatically... but why did it do this? I thought it always prompted you to add funds?

EDIT: Wait, this is probably only strange to me because usually when I make purchases on PSN they are under $5 and you can't add less than $5 to your PSN wallet or something

shwimpy

StunandStab said:
Um, GAF, I had $0.98 in my PSN wallet, and when I selected "Confirm Purchase" it went straight to the download screen without prompting me to add funds to my wallet. It appears as though it charged my credit card automatically... but why did it do this? I thought it always prompted you to add funds?

EDIT: Wait, this is probably only strange to me because usually when I make purchases on PSN they are under $5 and you can't add less than $5 to your PSN wallet or something
Yup... you can charge the exact amount on your CC for purchases over $5.

Wow, I didn't even know Lords of Shadow was getting DLC. I may have to pick this up, but I have to wait for the 360 version. Should have gone with PS3 for LoS, oh well.

jackdoe

It's two chapters. If you notice, there is a blocked out selection for Chapter XIV. I'm on stage 2 of Chapter XIII. Pretty nice touch there, but I am so damned rusty that I am getting my ass kicked.

Okay...Trying to add points so if it comes in to xbox tomorrow (hopefully) I can purchase it. Was trying to use a walmart gift card that I still had left over from xmas but it's giving me it's not a valid card number.

burgerdog

jackdoe said:
It's two chapters. If you notice, there is a blocked out selection for Chapter XIV. I'm on stage 2 of Chapter XIII. Pretty nice touch there, but I am so damned rusty that I am getting my ass kicked.

Wrong, it is ONE chapter. I just beat it. The blocked out section is for the next DLC.

shwimpy said:
Yup... you can charge the exact amount on your CC for purchases over $5.

Cool, thanks for the reply, I wasn't quite sure about that.

I just finished going through my skill book to remind myself of all the things I can do in this game, as well as trying out a few moves.

Now that I am reminded of how to play... time to dive in to this DLC!

EDIT: OMG I forgot how much fun this game is!

Abylim

Hot damn!
Picking this up, is it out in EU land yet?
Man, I forgot how close I was to getting all the trials trophy!

jackdoe

burgerdog said:
Wrong, it is ONE chapter. I just beat it. The blocked out section is for the next DLC.
Really. That's interesting. So does that mean we'll get the next chapter sooner than we thought?

ShockingAlberto said:
I'll give this a shot.

If it doesn't deliver this time, hell hath no fury like a ShockingAlberto scorn.

Go into detail please.

I'm still on the fence and need a guinea pig gentleman, such as yourself, to tell me if it seems worth the purchase.

burgerdog said:
Activate your shadow power, hold L2 and then any direction on the left stick.

I was doing that... guess I'll do it... better?

edit: nope, still not working. wonder if it's a bug or something.

ban25

Just downloaded it for PS3. I have the 360 version of the game too, so if it's good, I might get it for that platform as well!

Chris FOM

I must be stupid, but I can't figure out the chessboard puzzle.

I realize that the banners tell you the position of the pieces and that they're not oriented the same, but the book and the red/green colors should indicate which side is which across the three. So why do I line up the pieces exactly like they say, but it doesn't work?

Top Bottom