• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2's reveal is one of gaming's most underrated trailers

He is working on Mercury Steam's next game: Raiders of the Broken Planet. And it isn't confirmed, but while ago he said to be working on a big IP, so he also may be working on their Metroid.

As composer he also works for cinema in different Spanish movies and shorts. After Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2 he did work in a released movie and 2 shorts:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1067800/
http://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,66299/

Even if he is very close to the Mercury Steam team, in games he's a freelance who also worked for Ubisoft Barcelona on a GameCube + PS2 game or Rebel Act (defunct company with members who are now in Mercury Steam or Tequila Works).

He is well known and valued by the Spanish gamedev scene, I assume that if other dev teams don't work with him here in Spain it may be because should be really expensive and most teams are small indie devs, and because we have many other great composers here: David Garcia Diaz (Rime), Damián Sanchez (Rise & Shine, Blues & Bullets), Fingerspit (Gods Will Be Watching), Mateo Pascual (Commandos series, Sandstorm: Pirate Wars), Pascual Gallego (Candle), Alberto Oliván (Dead Sincronicity)...

He only worked on Spanish projects, so I assume he already has enough work here or doesn't speak English.
Completely forgot about MercurySteam's Raiders of the Broken Planet. I'm sad to say that it looks like crap! The character designs couldn't be uglier if they tried to! And it's going to be an asymmetrical multiplayer shooter to boot!

Btw I'm almost certain Araujo does not speak English.

Gxgear

At the end of the day it's just a trailer. People talked about it at the time, but the final product was no bueno.

At the end of the day it's just a trailer. People talked about it at the time, but the final product was no bueno.
True but when people talk about gaming's best trailers I never see this one mentioned and thought it deserved more attention than it gets.

Ahasverus

Completely forgot about MercurySteam's Raiders of the Broken Planet. I'm sad to say that it looks like crap! The character designs couldn't be uglier if they tried to! And it's going to be an asymmetrical multiplayer shooter to boot!

Btw I'm almost certain Araujo does not speak English.
Without the art lead (and loads of their talent) Mercurysteam went to shit. I'm very wary about Metroid, it certainly looks like it could get an art director.

Meanwhile, Rime is beautiful.

Lords of Shadow 2's biggest sin is that its failure (if probably not financial) deprived us from SONIA FUCKING BELMONT returning (she was the second DLC planned character, first was her father, Juli-- Victor).

Without the art lead (and loads of their talent) Mercurysteam went to shit. I'm very wary about Metroid, it certainly looks like it could get an art director.

Meanwhile, Rime is beautiful.

Lords of Shadow 2's biggest sin is that its failure (if probably not financial) deprived us from SONIA FUCKING BELMONT returning (she was the second DLC planned character, first was her father, Juli-- Victor).
Was she now? Where did you read that?! First time I hear about her but you know what? It was probably for the best. MercurySteam's treatment of women in the LoS trilogy was an embarrassment (and one of the reasons in worried about Metroid being in their hands). All of them either die, are dead, sexualized or a combination of these.

Sypha, Trevor's mom, in MoF was a) killed in the beginning. Then b) summoned while dead and finally to complete the hat trick c) sexualized while dead since her Ghost is clearly naked when summoned to protect you.

No Sonia Belmont may have been for the best.

Veal

Seriously. That trailer had me so insanely hyped. The game itself was alright but definitely falls short of the promise of that trailer.

The games were both beautiful and I loved the soundtrack of the first. I didn't enjoy the combat of the first which is why despite the second's great trailer I didn't bother picking it up

Hell yeah this trailer was the SHIT! I had beaten LOS1 and Mirror of Fate, was totally tied up in the fantastic story, music, graphics, and characters. I probably watched this 50x. Then I played it..... It wasn't the worst thing ever, but the trailer got my hopes too high, and the production issues/changes really stopped this from being one of the GOAT.

That announcement trailer was epic, but my favorite is the story trailer.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2pMDbF8_uFo

It has the plot, starts of creepy, then goes full epic! It's better than most movie trailers.

I must have watched that story trailer like a thousand times, the hype was strong.

Seriously. That trailer had me so insanely hyped. The game itself was alright but definitely falls short of the promise of that trailer.

That's why you gotta be careful about getting hyped about any trailer with no gameplay.

Says a guy who completely lost his shit at the Metroid Prime 4 logo.

Top Bottom