• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Spider-Man 2 - Story Trailer | PS5 Games

Labolas

Yeah, I figured Harry would be Venom. Looks like they took Ultimate Eddie Brock's story with Parker and gave to Harry. Meh, still would wanted Eddie in this. Also for the love of God, just rid of Miles in this game or at least have him separate from Parker, he feels like such an unnecessary character in this game where it's supposed to be Parker, symbiote's control over him and the person becoming Venom. Miles feels like such a tacky character.

Last edited:

sendit

You're on your own special copium cocktail because the vast majority think it looks awesome.

If you want something that looks legit bad, here I got something for 'ya:

Starfield 2022:

WT8hPcx.jpg

vs Starfield 2023:

CqICT2r.jpg

But you want to sit here and say Spiderman 2 looks bad? FOH 🤣
Michael would be proud
Dancing GIF

GymWolf

you are just shitting all over this game uh!?
looks fucking great to me , yeah yeah we get it , it doesn't quite look like what a Ps5 only game should look like , but it looks very nice none the less.
No it was a joke but my opinion is not far from yours.

Of course it looks great, there was ever any doubt of a sony first party looking bad?

GymWolf

Guess you must have turned a blind eye to the 24 page graphic disappointment thread for SM2.
You mean the graphical fidelity topic? we always exagerate in that one, we are always the same couple of members discussing graphic so there is a bit of cameratism and jackassery going on:lollipop_squinting:

Everything that goes into that topic is obviously great in terms of graphic.

But great is not excellent and we make a big difference out of that sometimes (i mean it's the topic for graphic whores afterall)

I doubt anyone had something to say about the actual gameplay except maybe some re-used animations etc.

Last edited:

RespawnX

People should actually think about what they expect from the graphics. We're talking about an open-world game and for that it already offers quite a lot of visual upgrades. The jump from cross-gen to the current generation is obvious. First the discussion with Starfield, now here. Guys, check your expectations. We're talking about hardware that is 3 years old mid-range. Besides, the Spidy games stand for really good gameplay, and this one seems to take it up a notch. So, what's your problem?

sendit

You mean the graphical fidelity topic? we always exagerate in that one, we are always the same couple of members discussing graphic so there is a bit of cameratism and jackassery going on:lollipop_squinting:

Everything that goes into that topic is obviously great in terms of graphic.

But great is not excellent and we make a big difference out of that sometimes (i mean it's the topic for graphic whores afterall)

I doubt anyone had something to say about the actual gameplay except maybe some re-used animations etc.

No, a thread made to specifically to discuss the dissappointing graphics of SM2: https://www.neogaf.com/threads/marvels-spider-man-2-graphics-disappointed.1656983/

It doesn’t look very impressive but the IQ looks nice and I’m sure the 60fps mode will be rock solid which is more than can be said for the last batch of PS5 games.

The last few games I’ve played on both PC and PS5 (Dead Space, Resident Evil 4 and Jedi Survivor) look like Switch games on PS5 compared to the PC version thanks to the very low resolution and terrible IQ.

I doubt this will look that much better when it comes out on PC - better RT and higher frame rates etc but not night and day like some games. I’d prefer games are realistic with the specs of these consoles and have decent IQ and great performance like I’m sure SM2 will have.

HawarMiran

Banned
I think it's kinda the same thing, some people expected more from the graphic, some people expected more from the gameplay, almost every big AAA has this type of topics, it's the nature of a big videogame forum.
I think Insomniacs priorities are different. Look at their output. Meanwhile Naughty Dog didn't ship shit since 2020 :messenger_unamused:. And i think TloU 2 still shares the graphics crown with RDR2. The details in those games are insane, but at what cost?

RyanEvans21

Yeah, I figured Harry would be Venom. Looks like they took Ultimate Eddie Brock's story with Parker and gave to Harry. Meh, still would wanted Eddie in this. Also for the love of God, just rid of Miles in this game or at least have him separate from Parker, he feels like such an unnecessary character in this game where it's supposed to be Parker, symbiote's control over him and the person becoming Venom. Miles feels like such a tacky character.

Incase you didnt play the first one.

willothedog

Wouldn't get my hopes up for the game to be on PC next year.
Why not? They dont have that many first-party PS5 games to port over left and it's a good cash injection.
Horizon FW
GT7 (maybe not because its GaaS multi-player)
GoT
GoW2
LOU2
Demon's Souls (do Bandai own this?)

Last edited:
I know this a thoroughly beaten dead horse but I will never like the face change for Peter. I'd dislike it a lot less if it wasn't so blatantly obvious that they're trying to make him look more like the movie version of the character.
I hope MJ is better in this game. Her sections were the worst part of the first game and I never really got the impression that she actually liked Peter, more so put up with him. I'm also a little worried that they're gonna make Miles extra flawless and amazing in contrast to Peter going 2edgy4me.

Also for the love of God, just rid of Miles in this game or at least have him separate from Parker, he feels like such an unnecessary character in this game where it's supposed to be Parker, symbiote's control over him and the person becoming Venom. Miles feels like such a tacky character.
I'm curious to see how they'll handle Miles and if it's just going to be switching back and forth during story moments like Rivet and Ratchet, or if there will be more to things like assist combo attacks or something, assuming the switching mechanic will also be available during non-mission open world. There's a lot they can play around with here to really make things more fun from a gameplay perspective.

It still makes me think of what the game could have been if it were co-op. Unfortunate really.

Why not? They dont have that many first-party PS5 games to port over left and it's a good cash injection.
Horizon FW
GT7 (maybe not because its GaaS multi-player)
GoT
GoW2
LOU2
Demon's Souls (do Bandai own this?)

Next year? More like in 3 years time as many games get ported then. No way will you be getting SONY exclusives that early. TLOU2, Demon Souls and GOT you mentioned are already more than 3 years old. The first Horizon got ported 3 years later and so did Spiderman.

Also GT7 is anything but a GAAS game but ok. And thats one I can bet will never be ported over as a franchise.

Last edited:

Trilobit

Oh no...

The character models are awful. I hate that they removed the original perfect Parker and replaced him with Rat Face Parker who looks like he's fresh from high school. And MJ looks like she could be 35. She was sooo boring in the original game. Any time she popped up I was like, "No, Petey, dump that lass!"

Give me Black Cat as the love interest instead.

GymWolf

I think Insomniacs priorities are different. Look at their output. Meanwhile Naughty Dog didn't ship shit since 2020 :messenger_unamused:. And i think TloU 2 still shares the graphics crown with RDR2. The details in those games are insane, but at what cost?
I think it is good to have different team with different point of strenght.

It is good to have games that KINDA rival rockstar games but with half of the development time (5 vs 10).

GymWolf

Oh no...

The character models are awful. I hate that they removed the original perfect Parker and replaced him with Rat Face Parker who looks like he's fresh from high school. And MJ looks like she could be 35. She was sooo boring in the original game. Any time she popped up I was like, "No, Petey, dump that lass!"

No you get the indipendent chick that scold you about how she doesn't need to be saved while you are saving her for the 5th consecutive time.

Boy i loved this bit...her in the first game so much:lollipop_grinning_sweat:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud

Oh no...

Serously. I've not played the original or remaster yet.... but the original character LOOKS SO MUCH BETTER than remastered idiot.
I have miles and remaster on ps5 but now I am thinkin to maybe get ps4 version anyway..

Top Bottom