• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Spider-Man 2 - Story Trailer | PS5 Games

Trilobit

I have miles and remaster on ps5 but now I am thinkin to maybe get ps4 version anyway..

I bought the PS4 version for my PS5 even though I could have bought the remaster for a better price just because of the model. He's so perfect in the original. I feel an active dislike everytime I see the new one.

Like, it pisses me of right now when I'm just thinking about it and I'm normally a calm person.

The new Mary Jane.
HLb0LsR.jpg

An a PS5 Spider-Man edition
And you know whats great? You can buy the Spiderman2 faceplates seperatly, so you can switch the faceplates for your PS5 and baaam you have a Spiderman2 PS5 in da house...and thats exactly what i'am gonna do😎

sendit

Oh no...

The character models are awful. I hate that they removed the original perfect Parker and replaced him with Rat Face Parker who looks like he's fresh from high school. And MJ looks like she could be 35. She was sooo boring in the original game. Any time she popped up I was like, "No, Petey, dump that lass!"

Give me Black Cat as the love interest instead.
Bolded. I hope you see the irony in this insult.

willothedog

Next year? More like in 3 years time as many games get ported then. No way will you be getting SONY exclusives that early. TLOU2, Demon Souls and GOT you mentioned are already more than 3 years old. The first Horizon got ported 3 years later and so did Spiderman.

Also GT7 is anything but a GAAS game but ok. And thats one I can bet will never be ported over as a franchise.

Only a few months between LOU remake and PC release.

GT7 has a very limited offline mode and a store, why wouldn't you class it as a service game?

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
I hope we can play as Venom, it would be fun to swing or jump around buildings and destroy everything and everybody.

I hope we can play as Venom, it would be fun to swing or jump around buildings and destroy everything and everybody.
yeah that would be awesome! venom and destruction would bring this game to a whole new level .
I'm pretty sure Venom will be playable because Kraven seems to be the main villain , but not so sure about the destruction tho.

8BiTw0LF

Banned
I'll be playing this in Performance+ uncapped VRR mode, so I don't give a fuck about the "fidelity" aspect of this game. I want tight gameplay and I'm sure Insomniac will deliver as usual.

Mister Wolf

Yeah, I figured Harry would be Venom. Looks like they took Ultimate Eddie Brock's story with Parker and gave to Harry. Meh, still would wanted Eddie in this. Also for the love of God, just rid of Miles in this game or at least have him separate from Parker, he feels like such an unnecessary character in this game where it's supposed to be Parker, symbiote's control over him and the person becoming Venom. Miles feels like such a tacky character.

Yeah. Miles is redundant. If they don't have to stones to kill off Peter then do not include Miles. Miles as a character was never intended to be Robin.

Unknown?

It´s basically the last PS4 Spidey installment`s tech with slighty upgraded details, lightning and res/fps.
I guess that`s the price for the comparatively short development time. Still looks very high quality albeit a far cry from a "next gen" spectacle.
You're describing a PC upgrade from console.

So it seems that Sony is going all in with Spidey 2. Do you guys think it has a chance to beat the launch sales record for a Sony 1st party game that GoW Ragnarok achieved last year? For reference, the record was 5.1 million copies in the first week.

Only a few months between LOU remake and PC release.

GT7 has a very limited offline mode and a store, why wouldn't you class it as a service game?

Because I have played every GT game and I don't understand comments like yours, what is so limited about the single player? You are mixing it with GT Sport which was an online-only game. Driveclub has a store, NFS has a store, Forza Motorsport and Horizon have a store. That doesn't make them GAAS.

willothedog

Because I have played every GT game and I don't understand comments like yours, what is so limited about the single player? You are mixing it with GT Sport which was an online-only game. Driveclub has a store, NFS has a store, Forza Motorsport and Horizon have a store. That doesn't make them GAAS.
You obviously never played GT7 when the servers were down, like patch 1.07. You can’t complete menu books, buy cars, earn credits in races, access the photo mode or livery editor. Don't know what game you were playing.

Driveclub shut down years ago?

You obviously never played GT7 when the servers were down, like patch 1.07. You can’t complete menu books, buy cars, earn credits in races, access the photo mode or livery editor. Don't know what game you were playing.

So an always online game is now considered GAAS? Ok dude, Ill move on with the times and accept how things are and still enjoy my games, you can stay stuck in the past and shout at the clouds how in 2023 you dont have internet to run a game. GT7 is great, got platinum, over 150 hours played. The game goes beyond the single player. Ive never heard of anyone talking abut GT7 as GAAS lol. Maybe you have an addictive personality but just because there is a store, nobody is making you buy anything.

Mr.Phoenix

Ignore stuff like that. Just tells you the poster doesn't know GT.

Mr.Phoenix

Requiring internet...is not the same thing as being a GAAS.

Though, GT7 is a GAAS. It's weird..it kinda is, but also isn't.

Elios83

Surpassed the Zelda ToTK trailer #1 released 10 months ago.

Spider-Man is a force to be reckoned with.

Edit: and 5m views on twitter.
It's going to smash records for a Playstation first party exclusive which would be even more incredible considering it's a PS5 exclusive.

Pelta88

Seriously fucking weird that they changed Peter's face so many damn times.

Definition of first world problems right here. Outside of this thread, nobody... And I really want to stress and emphasise the word "Nobody" in terms of the broader gaming market is going to notice the difference between Parkers face.

Touch some grass asap.

FeralEcho

Definition of first world problems right here. Outside of this thread, nobody... And I really want to stress and emphasise the word "Nobody" in terms of the broader gaming market is going to notice the difference between Parkers face.

Touch some grass asap.
Said the guy who's annoyed by another person's qualms with a videogame.I utterly dislike people like you,who feel the need to berate people on their opinion over something.It's his opinion,why the fuck do you care?

You should take your own advice maybe and go touch some grass.Maybe take some to go as well.

Ristifer

Touch some grass asap.
Lol that’s not even remotely true. It’s quite noticeable and not subtle in the slightest. They may not care too much, or might not post about it. But I think anyone with eyes notices the actual changes.

TrippleA345

I don't get it? Or is it just showing the density angle?

Also MJ looks like she is going to steal Parker from his bed, why does she look so much older then him? I also love no neck Parker, means less neck pains right?
Its a short Clip where he is flying. Does work for me, but her the yt link

Last edited:
Top Bottom