• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I made some NeoGAF Chrome extensions

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
  • NeoGAF++

An extension that bundles my previous standalone NeoGAF Chrome extensions into one. Currently includes Quick Reply and Super Ignore (which completely hides posts, quoted posts, and threads of members on your ignore list.)

• WebM for NeoGAF

Auto-embeds WebM videos on NeoGAF as looping, soundless images.

NeoGAF Chrome Extensions by Others:

SimleuqiR

This alone should allow you a free "Go Pass, skip Being Banned", for the next time you piss off a mod.

Pretty neat.

Wish we could bring over the "image" button from the NeoGaf Mobile app. This way only images you "click" will load up.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Thanks everyone!

Invisible_Insane said:
Probably won't actually get much use out of this, but props for putting in the work anyway.

It's one of those things that won't be useful 98% of the time but when it is, you're very glad it's there.

alphaNoid

Banned
AWESOME! I have all the Chrome extentions for GAF
3AQmK.gif

Enco

Awesome.

These extensions are a must for Chrome users:

NeoGAF User Highlighter (so you know where your posts are and who quoted you)
NeoGAF Live Thread
NeoGAF keyboard Shortcuts (mainly for the poster highlight too that allows you to highlight all posts of a certain user in a thread)

Crisis

Banned
Oh my god. I need this in my life. Andrex, may I worship at your personal church?

*edit*

Installed. Somebody send me a PM!

Qwomo

Wait, there's a smiley extension...?

It's as if my dreams have suddenly come true.

brb, installing every neogaf extension in existence

KuGsj.gif

Wads

Banned
Looks cool, but not installing cause of "your data on all sites". Not accusing you of anything malicious, but typically don't like extensions that give access to all data unless it's from an official source like google.

Qwomo said:
Wait, there's a smiley extension...?

It's as if my dreams have suddenly come true.

brb, installing every neogaf extension in existence

KuGsj.gif
You can still get banned if you go crazy with the smileys so be careful.

JackEtc

You should make it so it notifies you when someone has quoted a post of yours, that would be awesome.

Or if your name is mentioned in a post (sort of like ping-ing in IRC)

Qwomo said:
Has this actually happened?

Since the smiley holocaust, I mean.
Some people got banned for posting an image of it yes but as long as you don't make a post with just a smiley or make a post with more than like 2 then you might get banned.
But don't be scared to use it either. Just be smart about it.

Edit: BTW Andrex this is great good job!

Someone please make this. A Who Quoted Me function. But I guess it needs the forum database to do that. Since I first mentioned this we lost the ability to search through user post history. If it's funding issues, I'm sure many would be willing to donate but I would love these two functions

quote-1.jpg

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
the keyboard extension one is insane just for the ability to subscribe to a thread so much more easily. god that is so helpful.

kehs

Banned
beelzebozo said:
the keyboard extension one is insane just for the ability to subscribe to a thread so much more easily. god that is so helpful.

Does it automatically post "subscribed" for you automatically?

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
Copernicus said:
Does it automatically post "subscribed" for you automatically?

yep. it just has a little blackish transparent box that pops up, says "subscribed," and you continue browsing normally. painless.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Meus Renaissance said:
Someone please make this. A Who Quoted Me function. But I guess it needs the forum database to do that. Since I first mentioned this we lost the ability to search through user post history. If it's funding issues, I'm sure many would be willing to donate but I would love these two functions

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a170/charmer2002650/quote-1.jpg

This please. I am sure we miss a lot of replies if we participate in more than one discussion at a time.

On another note: FIrefox needs this as well :/

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Wads said:
Looks cool, but not installing cause of "your data on all sites". Not accusing you of anything malicious, but typically don't like extensions that give access to all data unless it's from an official source like google.

Huh that's very weird, it should just say on www.neogaf.com like my other extension. Hrm. I mean in the source code I can only access neogaf.com and neogaf.com/forum/private.php with XHR, everything else will fail.

Yeah, I get that. I'll definitely look into it.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
JackEtc said:
You should make it so it notifies you when someone has quoted a post of yours, that would be awesome.

Or if your name is mentioned in a post (sort of like ping-ing in IRC)

I'd probably have to parse the whole forum for that, and I'd have to do it all on the client and keep track of what's old and new... It would also probably be very resource-intensive. Good idea, though.

Crisis said:
Andrex, it works like a charm on 64-bit Windows 7. Thanks again so much for it. I hope it's okay with you that I linked to it in the OP of the Buy/Sell/Trade Thread in the community subforum and posted it again in the thread.

No no, I think that's awesome.
3AQmK.gif

Meus Renaissance said:

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a170/charmer2002650/quote-1.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

This would only be possible if Evilore offered an API. I mean, I could hack together a standalone PHP file based on my knowledge of the vBulletin database structure, but he'd have to upload it to the server.

Andrex said:
This would only be possible if Evilore offered an API. I mean, I could hack together a standalone PHP file based on my knowledge of the vBulletin database structure, but he'd have to upload it to the server.

It seems to be a plugin for VB 4.0 onwards. I've shown him the image although he has never replied back in regards to the suggestion.

Zeppu

beelzebozo said:

Glad you like it :D

Haven't updated it in ages but I'd be more than willing to work on any requests :D :D

GAF+ ftw.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
josephdebono said:
Glad you like it :D

Haven't updated it in ages but I'd be more than willing to work on any requests :D :D

GAF+ ftw.

I'm interested in the source code for that. Is it on Github?

Meus Renaissance said:
It seems to be a plugin for VB 4.0 onwards. I've shown him the image although he has never replied back in regards to the suggestion.

I would be very surprised if GAF was using 4.0+.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I was just thinking I could probably tweak this to notify you when:

- A thread you have made is bumped

Zeppu

Andrex said:
I'm interested in the source code for that. Is it on Github?

No. But extension are just zip files, no? So just get the ext, rename to .zip and open for source code.

(or I could just send it to you somehow if that's too much of a hassle)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom