• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I made some NeoGAF Chrome extensions

Status
Not open for further replies.

blazescorch2

Neo Member
I'm going to try changing that page to use the same Chrome bootstrap style as my WebM extension for consistency, which will also make the settings sync across Chrome installations.

Ah okay. That's good, because I could not find anything that could be changed to fix that page haha.
Have you already changed something on the CWS side of the extension to reflect these future changes you're working on?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Thanks dude.

Ah okay. That's good, because I could not find anything that could be changed to fix that page haha.
Have you already changed something on the CWS side of the extension to reflect these future changes you're working on?

Nope. The only thing I changed is the manifest file (you can see my changes at GitHub.) "key" and "update_url" were unnecessary, and "web_accessible_resources" should have been an array. Otherwise, no changes from your pull request.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
You guys are super ignoring my question about Super Ignore :(

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Who said that?
;)

A question about Super Ignore: can I turn off the aspect which hide ignored user's quotes? Sometimes it's important to know why a discussion has gone in the direction it has, and it may have to do with someone I've ignored.

You cannot do that. It's a good idea for a feature, though.

Enco

Any chance that more extensions will by grouped with GAF++? Kinda annoying having loads of separate ones.

Love them all though.

plainr_

I would love to see a multi-user highlighter if possible. There are some people I like reading from and I sometimes miss their posts as I skim through a large thread.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Multi user highlighter is a great idea.

Any chance that more extensions will by grouped with GAF++? Kinda annoying having loads of separate ones.

Love them all though.

That's the general idea, yeah.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
Forgot to make an update but, I updated my Quick Reply extension.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/neogaf-quick-quote-reply/cepaobafibbkpibaddehcnldhcnjjgal

9GDjXOa.png

Enco

Multi user highlighter is a great idea.

That's the general idea, yeah.
Should be good.

I would love to see a multi-user highlighter if possible. There are some people I like reading from and I sometimes miss their posts as I skim through a large thread.
There used to be an extension that let this happen right?

Not sure if it's still running or not.

It used to have a small lightbulb next to usernames and when you clicked on it, it would highlight all the users posts a certain colour. Was great.

edit: it used to be bundled in with the keyboard shortcuts app but doesn't work now

ScOULaris

Yeah, man. I've been enjoying your update ever since it dropped. I especially like the increased size of the Quick Reply text box from what it was before. I'm reluctant to use emojis, however, as they will only properly show for a small subset of readers. You have to install an extension in Chrome to even be able to view them in their iOS, colorful form.

hateradio

I recently published YouTube Me Again! on the Chrome store.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=432152

Yeah, man. I've been enjoying your update ever since it dropped. I especially like the increased size of the Quick Reply text box from what it was before. I'm reluctant to use emojis, however, as they will only properly show for a small subset of readers. You have to install an extension in Chrome to even be able to view them in their iOS, colorful form.
Even in their plain form they're still usable, I think.

hateradio

I know. If you read the last message on that thread, you'll see why.

I have to make a description that somehow will pass the web store's branding, which is really strange. I don't get it.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
I know. If you read the last message on that thread, you'll see why.

I have to make a description that somehow will pass the web store's branding, which is really strange. I don't get it.

lol chrome literally kills the page trying to load that other thread's last page, wtf.

EDIT: Had to load it in firefox to even see the explanation why. I have a feeling the VP9 wemb and Andrex's wemb chrome neogaf embedder aren't playing nice.

hateradio

I actually blacklisted pomf.se for Chrome on YTMA so that browser wouldn't crash. As far as I can tell, it only happens on Chrome 35/36 or Opera 22.

blazescorch2

Neo Member
OKAY! I figured out the problem with the Animal Crossing extension!!
Chrome apparently updated their safety exceptions. Here's the error on Options.html:

"Refused to execute inline script because it violates the following Content Security Policy directive: "script-src 'self' chrome-extension-resource:". Either the 'unsafe-inline' keyword, a hash ('sha256-...'), or a nonce ('nonce-...') is required to enable inline execution."

So, this doesn't mean much, but it directed me to this page that talks about Chrome's policy to skip Javascript for extra security:
https://developer.chrome.com/extensions/contentSecurityPolicy#JSExecution

So the <script> Javascript functions in the HTML page need to be moved to the Extension.js file

blazescorch2

Neo Member
Andrex says he's taken a break from posting on NeoGAF, so here's the info on the Animal Crossing update:

Version 2.6. Updated settings page uses Chrome's sync setting to carry across your profile. Updated the icon and notification code, and just generally cleaned it up a lot. New Leaf is now the default option for music.

I'll update the settings page to add more cosmetic value to it. I'm thinking of putting the grass background back in (like the old settings page), but to have it detect the current date and to change the grass color based on the season. And I'm also updating the music files to loop better.

Anyhoo, enjoy! And post any problems you have!

Hey, hateradio, I just had to clean up and restore my Cyberfox profile. Was having weird issues with closing tabs and while I got a lot of my stuff back, had to reinstall your userscripts. Never noticed you updated it to include emoji's, but I seem to have a few missing/corrupt symbols. I've tried installing Symbola like the page suggests, still get this:

Xq3rEZt.png

Also what's the difference between yours and Sharkiller's "updated" version?

Thanks for the awesome scripts man!

hateradio

Are you on Windows 7?

I don't have W7 on any of my computers, but I did ask someone to test that for me prior to release, and it worked fine. The only thing I can ask you to test is to make sure you did install Symbola by going to the Fonts folder and checking that it's there. It should appear as 'Symbola Regular'.

As far as that other version, it seems that it's meant to work with with the Live Update extension/script. I'll see about incorporating a Live Update update. :p

Sorry, still the same I'm afraid, even after making sure Symbola Regular is installed. I even tried installing in Chrome and it looks even worse.

hateradio

So you are on 7? You can also try to apply this update, though it's possible that you may have it.

This article introduces an update to the Segoe UI symbol font in Windows 7 and in Windows Server 2008 R2. This update adds support for emoji characters and some control glyphs that are included in Windows 8 and in Windows Server 2012.​

- https://support.microsoft.com/kb/2729094

Chrome has a different font rendering system than Firefox, if that's what you're referring to. It doesn't support Emoji by default unless the font is named in the CSS for some reason. (That's at least what I've discovered.)

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Seems like a great idea - Trying it right now

Vashetti

Banned
Any chance of you ever making these for Safari?

I think many people including myself would really appreciate it (if it's even possible).

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member
Andrex says he's taken a break from posting on NeoGAF, so here's the info on the Animal Crossing update:

Version 2.6. Updated settings page uses Chrome's sync setting to carry across your profile. Updated the icon and notification code, and just generally cleaned it up a lot. New Leaf is now the default option for music.

I'll update the settings page to add more cosmetic value to it. I'm thinking of putting the grass background back in (like the old settings page), but to have it detect the current date and to change the grass color based on the season. And I'm also updating the music files to loop better.

Anyhoo, enjoy! And post any problems you have!

I just installed the Animal Crossing Music extension. Best thing I have ever done.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Just installed this. The Super Ignore seems to be a bit "iffy". I can still see threads by certain users. Otherwise, great stuff.

Hey Andrex, what's the timeline do you think for image upload? I could really use it. I had another extension that did that but it seems to have been taken off the store for some reason. Thanks for all your hard work on this.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
Alrighty then, with this signing in to Chrome stuff I'm out. Is there any chance these extensions work on Vivaldi, or can be ported over?

Coreda

Tried the WebM addon but it doesn't appear to work in Chrome v53 (the Portable version at least). Is it working for anyone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom