• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STARFOX 64 3D - July 14 in Japan (new site launch)

Starfox-64-3D.jpg

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/anrj/index.html

Starfox-64-3D-2.jpg

Starfox-64-3D-4.jpg

Edit: Update

heringer said:
New info:

- features 3DS mode, N64 mode and Battle mode
- 3DS mode lets you use the gyrosensor to control your ship
- Battle mode supports four players
- Battle mode will support download play
- no online play
- during combat, your face is shown as an icon
- due for release on July 14th in Japan

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/05/12/star_fox_64_3ds_details/

Europe release September 9, 2011

US release September 11, 2011

Awesome new trailer! (Japanese)
neo2046 said:
[Minna no NC] StarFox 64 3D - Controls Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KPlMrmZnEI

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
If the menu music is anything to go by, these 3DS remakes will go a ways to upgrade on the MIDItacular N64 soundtracks of old. It's not a huge upgrade.. but I'll take it.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
YES.
Don't care for Ocarina, but damn this one will be mine. Now I only need the EU date (FU region locking!).

dragonlife29 said:
who is that in your avatar, Naked Snake?

Don't know. Found the picture on Flickr long time ago. He's playing New Super Mario Bros on that DS Lite (avatar is slightly cropped to fit dimensions).

dammit, Y should always be the fire button, a is your secondary. Am I the only who gets peeved about that with default control schemes?

Hylian7

Am I the only person that isn't crazy about the new version of the music? It just sounds too blary to me.

Otherwise, my body is more than ready for this with the 3D slider on. Given how awesome it was for Pilotwings Resort, it should be incredible in this.

Finally, some new info, and holy shit it's coming out in July! Sweet Christmas!
VOOK said:
Is it me or the intro movie at the bottom look all new?
It's the same scene from the beginning of the game but with much better looking models and lighting. So awesome!

sorijealut said:
I love shooting at bosses' weak spots

I love shooting in girls' weak spots.

sorry, couldn't help it.

I hope they kept the same FPS in this 3D iteration. I liked abusing the choppy framerate for more points. it was the only way to get 620+ in Area 6

Stylo

Hylian7 said:
Am I the only person that isn't crazy about the new version of the music? It just sounds too blary to me.

Otherwise, my body is more than ready for this with the 3D slider on. Given how awesome it was for Pilotwings Resort, it should be incredible in this.

Ditto.

CarbonatedFalcon said:
Wouldn't the 3DS rumbling about affect the 3D?

My post was obviously a joke, but to answer your question, no it wouldn't. There was a rumble pack for DS and DS Lite that fits into the GBA slot, which makes you feel a gentle vibration in the system with compatible games, it doesn't shake the system in your hands or anything. Since the 3DS has no such slot, it's a moot point anyway.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
IchigoSharingan said:
I love shooting in girls' weak spots.

sorry, couldn't help it.

I hope they kept the same FPS in this 3D iteration. I liked abusing the choppy framerate for more points. it was the only way to get 620+ in Area 6
Fuck no, give me buttery 60fps in 3D mode all the way.
Want you some choppy framerate? Go play Pilotwings Resort, there's plenty there.

Kenka

I would be embarassed if it was full-price. I am happy it is here but I am expectin much much more from this console, even in its early life cycle.

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"
Dash Kappei said:
Fuck no, give me buttery 60fps in 3D mode all the way.
Want you some choppy framerate? Go play Pilotwings Resort, there's plenty there.

Choppy framerate in Pilotwings Resort? What version are you playing?

Complaining about ports should be a bannable offense, it's plaguing every 3DS thread. Clearly there is enough demand for these games. If you don't like them, don't buy them. For older folks who value nostalgia and for younger kids who never got to play them, these enhanced remasters of old classics is a gift from the heavens.

Hylian7

Dupy said:
Choppy framerate in Pilotwings Resort? What version are you playing?
He means "choppy" as how it moves from 60 to lower (which is most of the time). It's more like an inconsistent framerate.

Top Bottom