• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 Thread Sign-Up And Schedule

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
It's that time of year again.

Sign-up here to make the official threads for the E3 conferences.

Each thread will go up an hour before the conference starts and be stickied. The thread will be unstickied as soon as the conference ends.

Threads are handed out on a first-come, first-serve basis. If you want to work on a thread and someone else already has it, feel free to PM them and see if they want help.

Conferences:

June 2nd:
CD Projekt/GOG (12:00 P.M. PDT): 1stStrike
Konami (5:00 P.M. PDT): Lijik
GTTV E3 Preview (10:00 P.M. PDT): Seda

June 6th:
Microsoft (9:30 A.M. PDT) [Thanks GarthVaderUK]: Relix
EA (12:30 P.M. PDT): Nirolak
Ubisoft (2:30 P.M. PDT): miladesn
Sony (5:00 P.M. PDT): ULTROS!

June 7th:
Nintendo (9:00 A.M. PDT): BY2K (He PM'ed me which reminded us to make this thread.)

Important Rules:
1.) You must update the thread with all the conference news after the conference. The thread does not need to be updated in real time, as most people will be reading a live blog or watching a livestream. Please also link to the threads discussing each news item that was relevant enough to get its own thread.
2.) Please don't make your thread titles inflammatory or I'll just edit them to a standard boring one.
3.) Please list links to liveblogs and livestreams in the OP.
4.) A preview of what to expect is nice, but not mandatory.

Update:

News Summary Thread: Amir0x , (Nirolak/duckroll while Amir0x is at work)
E3 Show Floor Game Media Thread: Pandoracell
NGP E3 Information Thread: weekend_warrior
Cafe E3 Information Thread: Zero-Crescent

If you want to propose another thread, feel free to do so.

AceBandage said:
You mean like:

E3times.png
e3times24.png

Which have been posted in several threads (including this one I believe).
TV Schedule:

GraveRobberX said:
So looks like E3 this year is gonna go full out on TV

Spike has Monday, June 6th from 12:00PM till 5:00PM EST:

12:00PM - 12:30PM - GTTV Presents: E3 All Access Live
12:30PM - 2:00PM - Xbox 360: The Future Revealed
3:30PM - 4:30PM - Gamechangers: EA 2011 Preview
4:30PM - 5:00PM - GTTV Presents: E3 All Access Live (Might be a repeat of the 12:00PM, but has the "New" logo on my guide on FiOs)

Spike is covering MS + EA + anything in that time frame

G4TV has it from 3:00PM till 10:00PM EST:

3:00PM - 5:00PM - E3 2011 Live - Day 1
5:00PM - 10:00PM - E3 2011 Live - Spotlight Ubisoft + Sony

G4TV is covering Sony + UBI + anything in that time frame

Tuesday, June 7th

G4TV: EST

11:00AM - 2:30PM - E3 2011 Live - Spotlight: Nintendo
4:00PM - 9:00PM - E3 2011 Live Day 2

Wednesday, June 8th

6:00PM - 9:00PM - E3 2011 Live - Day 3

Thursday, June 9th

6:00PM - 9:00PM - E3 2011 Live - Day 4

Amir0x

Banned
Also, I'll be making an E3 Summary topic. So there will be a one stop shop for news when the conferences are done and whatnot.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Well I've been doing this for 3 years let's do it a 4th just for fun XD!

I take Microsoft! =D

Please be better than last year. PLEASE.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Nirolak said:
GTTV E3 Preview (I Can't Find It PDT):

Ummm...I think it's 1AM EST, always starts around 1:05 AM till 1:35AM
[I always set DVR 5 minutes early recording and 15 later recording due to SpikeTV's stupid zany schedule or overrun of Manswers or 1,000 ways to die]
(Even though it says Thursday June 2nd, it really shows up on the Friday June 3rd Schedule)

http://www.spike.com/tv-schedule/2011-06-02

GraveRobberX

Niro 1 AM EST no clue on PDT, but they have GTTV up by 4 AM EST on their site Gametrailers

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
GraveRobberX said:
Niro 1 AM EST no clue on PDT, but they have GTTV up by 4 AM EST on their site Gametrailers
Whoops, thanks.

I think it's live everywhere at the same time, so I'll just make it 10:00 P.M. PDT and hope for the best.

GraveRobberX

10:00PM PDT Niro, not AM

I'm getting confused lol, goddam time telling, whowuddathunk it would be a fucking cakewalk

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
GraveRobberX said:
10:00PM PDT Niro, not AM

I'm getting confused lol, goddam time telling, whowuddathunk it would be a fucking cakewalk
Way ahead of you on fixing my mistake on that one. >_> :p

GraveRobberX

Isn't there an Activision $700,000,000 Staple Center II: Electric Boogaloo conference, I swear I read they were doing something for E3 and COD Sextravaganza

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
GraveRobberX said:
Isn't there an Activision $700,000,000 Staple Center II: Electric Boogaloo conference, I swear I read they were doing something for E3 and COD Sextravaganza
I didn't see one, but they did have a secret event on May 26th that we've been getting previews from slowly (CoD first look, Heart of the Swarm, Dennis Dyack interviews).

EA did as well, but those embargoes don't go up until E3 since they actually have a conference.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Am I allowed to make a thread about an announcement that is made at the conference (like if MS announces a new game or XBL feature)? Or does that all have to go into the MS E3 conference main thread?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Domino Theory said:
Am I allowed to make a thread about an announcement that is made at the conference (like if MS announces a new game or XBL feature)? Or does that all have to go into the MS E3 conference main thread?
New threads for new news for sure.

The main thread is just a place for people to catch up and get redirected to the individual threads.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I'll be making the Sony conference thread.

Though can I post it way earlier because I'm not sure if I'll be awake right on time (conference is going to start 8:00 AM here)?

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Lijik said:
I'd love to do Konami's

Please don't be better than last year. PLEASE.
Fortunately, as far as Konami's press conference is concerned, being "better" and being "worse" mean the same thing!

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
ULTROS! said:
I'll be making the Sony conference thread.

Though can I post it way earlier because I'm not sure if I'll be awake right on time (conference is going to start 8:00 AM here)?
Sure, as long as you can be present after the conference, I'll just lock it and then sticky it at the right time.

GraveRobberX

OT forums getting the red headed step child treatment?

Sent away to live with Uncle Costanza for a few days by the lake?....ah the summer OT finally lost its' virginity

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Amir0x said:
Also, I'll be making an E3 Summary topic. So there will be a one stop shop for news when the conferences are done and whatnot.
This will be ridiculously useful. Will you update it throughout the course of the show or just when it's finished?

GraveRobberX

If I get my junior status removed *wink* wink* I can do the GTTV one, always up watching it

I wait 15 minutes so I can pass all the retarded "Manswers" and other bullshit commercials

Duffyside

Banned
Amir0x said:
Might be too much work for anyone, but what about a thread where links are given to demos and interviews for the games of E3? Not just things at conferences, but from the show floor. It'd be so nice to have a consolidated place to go to.

Sanic

duffyside said:
Might be too much work for anyone, but what about a thread where links are given to demos and interviews for the games of E3? Not just things at conferences, but from the show floor. It'd be so nice to have a consolidated place to go to.

I would probably be up for that, as i'll be trawling through most of that stuff anyway, so I may as well consolidate it into a post. I'm thinking strictly show floor, though.

Duffyside

Banned
Pandoracell said:
I would probably be up for that, as i'll be trawling through most of that stuff anyway, so I may as well consolidate it into a post. I'm thinking strictly show floor, though.
I agree because the conferences will already be taken care of. I was thinking as I was writing it that the best way to do it would be to just say "hey, community: private message me links of games you care about. Alphabetical order, maybe split between handheld and console/PC. Then each game in bold with links "GS 1 2 3 etc (Gamespot) IGN 1 2" and the like. As concise as possible.

Maybe you'll be looking at EVERYTHING though? I thought this was the best idea because I figured, like myself, everyone would just be drooling over the games they really care about.

Sanic

duffyside said:
I agree because the conferences will already be taken care of. I was thinking as I was writing it that the best way to do it would be to just say "hey, community: private message me links of games you care about. Alphabetical order, maybe split between handheld and console/PC. Then each game in bold with links "GS 1 2 3 etc (Gamespot) IGN 1 2" and the like. As concise as possible.

Maybe you'll be looking at EVERYTHING though? I thought this was the best idea because I figured, like myself, everyone would just be drooling over the games they really care about.

I won't personally look at everything, but I shouldn't have any problems finding most of the content. Community help would be nice and appreciated, of course. A nice E3 Show Floor Game Media thread should be quite helpful, I think.

Duffyside

Banned
Pandoracell said:
I won't personally look at everything, but I shouldn't have any problems finding most of the content. Community help would be nice and appreciated, of course. A nice E3 Show Floor Game Media thread should be quite helpful, I think.
I think so too! Glad you're up to the task!

1stStrike

Banned
Sign me up for CD Projekt/GOG (12:00 P.M. PDT). I'm off work that day so I'll be able to view the entire conference and keep everything updated.

Seda

1stStrike said:
Sign me up for CD Projekt/GOG (12:00 P.M. PDT). I'm off work that day so I'll be able to view the entire conference and keep everything updated.

And that should be everything covered.

Utako

Banned
Amir0x said:
Awesome, I think you've done this before, and it was the best E3 page on the Web.

Seda

Nirolak said:
Whoops, thanks.

I think it's live everywhere at the same time, so I'll just make it 10:00 P.M. PDT and hope for the best.

Looks like this is the case for the GTTV thing, according the the Tomb Raider Facebook page (in reference to the trailer to be shown).

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Filling in everything.

I'll leave the thread open so we have times listed, people can ask questions, dump things here if they want to try and join/aid someone, or come up with new thread ideas.

Seda said:
Looks like this is the case for the GTTV thing, according the the Tomb Raider Facebook page (in reference to the trailer to be shown).
Nice.

Pandoracell said:
This sounds like a great thread. Thanks.

GraveRobberX said:
If I get my junior status removed *wink* wink* I can do the GTTV one, always up watching it

I wait 15 minutes so I can pass all the retarded "Manswers" and other bullshit commercials
I'll put this up in the requests thread, though that decision falls to someone else. :p

BY2K

Membero Americo
So I can "customize" the Thread title (like the OT for games when the come out) but I can't put something that can cause a useless debate?

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Is there still going to be a "Spoiler Free Thread" with all the press videos in the OP for people who can't watch live and don't want the news to be spoiled for them?

Amir0x

Banned
Rez said:
This will be ridiculously useful. Will you update it throughout the course of the show or just when it's finished?

Well the way I've always done it was to update periodically throughout the show. With my work, it'd be me updating every day from 4:00PM(EST)+, and we've enlisted the help of another mod or two to update into the topic during the day if possible. But if not, when I come home from work I'll be digging through the day's news and updating it into the post.

duffyside said:
Might be too much work for anyone

Not really. I did this one back when I had a 56k modem, without any help at all. And this is just the one I could find... I had a much MUCH more colossal series of E3 summary topics before this one that also were done on 56k without support.

Anyway, that link is the general way I do things... only I modified the concept in future summary threads to have a legend system that enables people to identify specific aspects they want to see about games, whether they are videos, pictures or a press release.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I'm not going to get any work done on the 6th. Guess I'm doing all my work from the living room.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
BY2K said:
So I can "customize" the Thread title (like the OT for games when the come out) but I can't put something that can cause a useless debate?
Right.

So you can't have a title like "Nintendo E3 Thread Of Kinect Is Teh Sux, Cafe Forever".

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
weekend_warrior said:
Can I make the official Sony NGP E3 details revealed thread?
Sure. I'll put it up and unsticky it at the same time as the regular Sony thread. Thanks, this will be quite useful.

I still get to make the "NGP In 2012" thread in January though. :p

Top Bottom