• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 Thread Sign-Up And Schedule

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Oh yeah Nirolak, I'll be posting the Sony Conference Thread after Microsoft's E3 Conference, just a heads up.

BY2K

Membero Americo
ULTROS! said:
Oh yeah Nirolak, I'll be posting the Sony Conference Thread after Microsoft's E3 Conference, just a heads up.

In that case, I'll post the Nintendo Conference Thread after Sony's Conference.

sphinx

the piano man
I did a Pikmin hype thread some weeks ago:

let's get hyped about PIKMIN. Ideas and wishes for the upcoming game

I am considering using/bumping that thread if anything is rumored or revealed or mentioned in the next days leading up to the nintendo conference.

but I am not sure, on the other hand, doing a new thread could be more practical..

dunno, I like the idea of using that thread for hype and then co-update it with a mod so that the info flows as it comes, if it comes...there are so many cool comments and ideas in that thread that I thought it would be nice to connect it to the reveal of the game and have a cohesive topic with some sort of development.

... any opinions?

good luck to all who are making the official threads. Hopefully you guys come out all right and not drown in all the news we will be getting from the conferences. :p

sphinx

the piano man
AceBandage said:
New info = New thread.

If it gets shown it'll need a new thread.

I thought so,

I'll better leave this to someone with more experience and time, I don't mind as long as pikmin is revealed.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
HarryPotterAndTheNeoGAFE3Rules.gif

DrForester said:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v247/DrForester/HarryPotterAndTheNeoGAFE3Rules.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]
Brilliant. :lol

I humbly suggest the EA Conference thread uses[URL="http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=28066673&postcount=754"] this[/URL] as a header, it's just too good to pass up.

Seda

Mine's good to go, just need Keighley to tweet some more previews. We know 3 and apparently there's more than 10.

Also, there probably won't be any official streams of the GTTV event, right? And I can't post illegal streams, correct?

BY2K

Membero Americo
Seda said:
Also, there probably won't be any official streams of the GTTV event, right? And I can't post illegal streams, correct?

If memory serves, they'll have a stream on GT, no?

BY2K

Membero Americo
Seda said:
Usually it posts to GameTrailers the morning after, unless they're changing things up for this episode.

I think they do have a live stream for the E3 Exclusives Episode. I can't shake the feeling there was one last year.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Blue Ninja said:
Brilliant. :lol

I humbly suggest the EA Conference thread uses this as a header, it's just too good to pass up.
Yep, that's already in there. :lol

Thanks DrForester!

ULTROS! said:
BY2K said:
In that case, I'll post the Nintendo Conference Thread after Sony's Conference.
Yep, that's fine. If you could PM me a link after you post them, that would be awesome, so I can lock them up until the right time.

Otherwise they start going downhill and all we have is pony hentai and all sorts of other horrendous things...

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Does anyone know when the Activision Investor Brunch is btw?

They have one every year, but they never announce it until the last minute to try and dodge Take-Two.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Seda said:
So this is going in the OP of each thread right? XD

What would be better is each one has its own. Like some sort of preview of what's to come. (At least for Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft.)

Unfortunately, I'm no good with gifs like those.

daffy

Banned
Nirolak said:
Otherwise they start going downhill and all we have is pony hentai and all sorts of other horrendous things...
:lol oh dear, this exists...? smh As a member of PonyGAF I had no idea

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Nirolak said:
Yep, that's fine. If you could PM me a link after you post them, that would be awesome, so I can lock them up until the right time.

I suggest that we have a "no pony gifs or else ban" in the E3 threads. :p

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
BY2K said:
What would be better is each one has its own. Like some sort of preview of what's to come. (At least for Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft.)

I usually make them during the conferences, but I someone can give me a few rumors for each of the big 3 I can try and put some .gifs together. Haven't been following pre-e3 rumors that much, other than knowing cafe will be shown.

Last time I did pre-conference .gifs was a 2009, becasue there was a ton of good material for it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v247/DrForester/LordOfTheE3NIN.gif
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v247/DrForester/LordOfTheE3SONY.gif
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v247/DrForester/LordOfTheE3MS.gif

BY2K

Membero Americo
ULTROS! said:

I know there is one Pony gif that is E3-related (and NeoGAF related, even) that's bound to appear sooner or later.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
ULTROS! said:

Pft, I'm very proud of this one.

MyLittleE3.gif

Honestly though, I likely won't do another pony one for two reasons.

1. Animation .gifs are a pain to compress to a proper size with any decent quality.
2. Jokes need to be universal and funny without seeing the source material.

Nirolak said:
Yep, that's already in there. :lol

Thanks DrForester!

Sweet.

daffy

Banned
So there's no chance of any additional conferences being announced at this point is there?

ULTROS! said:
Yeah I agree, they should probably stay in the Pony thread to reduce the whining about them.

daffy

Banned
DrForester said:
Just noticed, but doesn't Square usually have a conference, or am I thinking TGS?
Yes that's who I was thinking about, I was hoping they would announce by now but I guess not..?

They had one in 2009 I believe.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
BY2K said:

PiratesOfSiliconConferences.gif

Finally able to make a .gif from this movie.

1stStrike

Banned
What are you guys using to add text to the gifs? I'm doing this for the first time and the only way I can see is to open it up in something like GIMP and manually add a bunch of frames with text. Is that the only way or is there something that's less of a pain in the ass?

Edit: First attempt. Found Ulead GIF Animator which seems easier to work with. I am not a pro, but I have a feeling I'll be getting a lot of practice now that I know how to do all of this. :p

e3_gif.gif

e3_gif2.gif

v0mitg0d

I'll be at the show writing here and there, conducting interviews and taking pictures. One thing's for certain, I'll be tweeting like a mofo like previous years. How about you guys? I'd love to follow some of you. Can we share Twitter accounts here, or is that frowned upon?

v0mitg0d

Hrm ok, well I'm interested in following some of you fine folks who're going to the show as well so post your Twitter account please.

Also I'm interesting is checking out and covering indie-games, so if anyone has any recommendations as to which ones to check out please let me know. :)

I can be found at http://www.twitter.com/heymarkd

Mikey Jr.

Can anyone PM me the link to the gaf e3 IRC channel?

I THINK I have it, but not 100% sure. Just me it so that non-registered can't get it.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
So looks like E3 this year is gonna go full out on TV

Spike has Monday, June 6th from 12:00PM till 5:00PM EST:

12:00PM - 12:30PM - GTTV Presents: E3 All Access Live
12:30PM - 2:00PM - Xbox 360: The Future Revealed
3:30PM - 4:30PM - Gamechangers: EA 2011 Preview
4:30PM - 5:00PM - GTTV Presents: E3 All Access Live (Might be a repeat of the 12:00PM, but has the "New" logo on my guide on FiOs)

Spike is covering MS + EA + anything in that time frame

G4TV has it from 3:00PM till 10:00PM EST:

3:00PM - 5:00PM - E3 2011 Live - Day 1
5:00PM - 10:00PM - E3 2011 Live - Spotlight Ubisoft + Sony

G4TV is covering Sony + UBI + anything in that time frame

Tuesday, June 7th

G4TV: EST

11:00AM - 2:30PM - E3 2011 Live - Spotlight: Nintendo
4:00PM - 9:00PM - E3 2011 Live Day 2

Wednesday, June 8th

6:00PM - 9:00PM - E3 2011 Live - Day 3

Thursday, June 9th

6:00PM - 9:00PM - E3 2011 Live - Day 4

daffy

Banned
G4TV sucks and I don't have it :mad:

Hopefully they put that stuff up on their site soon after. Hands on demos are usually pretty extensive.

Top Bottom