• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony NGP game screenshots (Uncharted, Wipeout 2048 & more) [Update 2: Uncharted Gifs]

DieH@rd

Banned
BGBW said:
Is it me or does the photo backdrop in that Reality Fighters game look rather poor, like 3DS camera poor.

RF is not played on static 2D photo, but with live footage from you holding the NGP and looking at the "battlefield". They say that NGP cameras can record at 60fps, but i dont think that resolution will be high.

Mr_Brit said:
The rumours are pointing to that kind of price range but I doubt Sony want to antagonise Nintendo by launching at the same price as Nintendo could drop to $200 or $180 in a heartbeat and Sony wouldn't be able to match that. I think they'll price it at $279 so it's near enough the same price as the 3DS but not at the same price.
That makes no sense

antonz

Delio said:
If the Vita can really pump out better battery life i'd be very impressed with Sony and kinda wtfing at Nintendo even though i have a 3DS.
Vita is going to have a battery pack that takes up like 2/3 of the insides. Sony doesnt have some magic hoodoo battery.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
cw_sasuke said:
Will get NGP at launch if it doesnt cost more than 250.

I have a "no more than $199" policy on handhelds, So if Sony ( or Nintendo) want my sweet money they know what to do, I don't even mind a lesser version of Vita with regular LCD and no internal storage and made of cheaper materials, if it can be for $199, I just want to play Wipeout 2048 at work.

Delio said:
If the Vita can really pump out better battery life i'd be very impressed with Sony and kinda wtfing at Nintendo even though i have a 3DS.

NGPVita is enormous and has no UMD drive taking up 1/3rd the unit this time, there's every chance it will have better battery life.

Delio

antonz said:
Vita is going to have a battery pack that takes up like 2/3 of the insides. Sony doesnt have some magic hoodoo battery.

Oh i know. Makes me wish Nintendo made the 3DS bigger ah well. I wont muck up a Vita thread with 3DS talk.

Izayoi

Banned
Are they really calling it the Vita? That's even worse than NGP. Why the fuck can't they just call it the PSP2?

Fucking hell, Sony.

Fantastic screenshots, though. Wish we had them at full size.

DieH@rd

Banned
Delio said:
Oh i know. Makes me wish Nintendo made the 3DS bigger ah well. I wont muck up a Vita thread with 3DS talk.

They don't need to make 3DS bigger. They need to find the way to free up some space inside case and put larger battery inside.

ifixit3dsbattery.jpg

Binabik15

your character engages a squad of hostiles and takes cover so when you return fire the pointer is always near one of the hostiles – the game assists you in targeting greatly simplifying the process.

Blood.boiling.must.resist.anger.

AGHWE?O"$AGDLJFDSLFJ!"§°"§R$B I hope that´s easy mode only, unless the sticks really sucks there´s NO way you´d need aim assist. The screen is still small at 5", but come on, you should be able to hit AT LEAST the body without aim assist. In the demonstration vids the enemies were so big on the screen that even headshots should be easy enough.

Don´t give me the ultimate pocket PlayStation and fuck it up by aiming the gameplay at babies.

antonz said:
But wasn't there mention of it being really light? Comparable to the PSP Go? If it's mostly battery in that chunky shell, it would surely be heavier than a PSP-1000...

Delio

DieH@rd said:
They don't need to make 3DS bigger. They need to find the way to free up some space inside case and put larger battery inside.

ifixit3dsbattery.jpg

Wouldnt making it bigger give them more room?

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
DieH@rd said:

ifixit3dsbattery.jpg
That's basically what Apple did when going from the iPhone 3GS to iPhone 4; switched innards around and adopted the infamous antenna design to make room for a 19% larger battery.

Go_Ly_Dow

Uncharted looks hot.

When the games are already looking this good at such an early stage it's exciting to think what we will see further down the line.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
This thing is so gonna be worth it. I don't really know how it will sell but the vibe is so much more than the PSP gave me.

wrowa

The screens are definitely gorgeous. Saying that they look like PS360 titles games is a bit overexaggerated, but much better than anything else on the mobile market for sure.

DieH@rd said:

http://static.arstechnica.com/gaming/ifixit3dsbattery.jpg[img][/QUOTE]
Why do you think Nintendo's battery isn't using more space than that?

Hint: because they need the rest for the tech inside.

Pazuzu9 said:
But wasn't there mention of it being really light? Comparable to the PSP Go? If it's mostly battery in that chunky shell, it would surely be heavier than a PSP-1000...

Hard to say, the only mention of that I remember was a journalist who was given a unit where the buttons didn't even work.
Edit: I can't find the one where it was compared to the PSP go but the concensus seems to be it's 'light'.

odhiex

With these quality screenshots become reality... I am officially excited about PSVita :)

I want to believe...

LiquidMetal14

Tuesday conference for Sony right? Got that day off I believe and it's prime time so I will def get to watch this year.

herod

Binabik15 said:
Blood.boiling.must.resist.anger.

AGHWE?O"$AGDLJFDSLFJ!"§°"§R$B I hope that´s easy mode only, unless the sticks really sucks

This is what I'm saying but people ignore it - the sticks are obviously smaller and will have much less travel than those on a proper joypad. There will obviously be a compromise. Analogue sticks aren't really analogue anyway, but these are bound to have poorer accuracy.

antonz

LiquidMetal14 said:
Tuesday conference for Sony right? Got that day off I believe and it's prime time so I will def get to watch this year.
Sony is going a day early and going with Microsoft rather than following Nintendo so Monday :/

Some quick thoughts...

UNNAMED GAME #1 looks like something in the realm of Patapon/Pixel Junk. Has potential, keeping an eye out.

Scrap Reality Fighter right now. Use money to get ThatGameCompany on a NGP/PSP2/Vita? project instead..

LiquidMetal14

antonz said:
Sony is going a day early and going with Microsoft rather than following Nintendo so Monday :/
I should be home but damn, I was thinking Tuesday. One day earlier it is!

Wazzim

Banned
Dutch sites are posting their impressions too with native res. screens (nvm, they're 720P):
UNCHARTED
13067567645j6e.png

13067567653nwx.png

1306756766bura.png

1306756767vnle.png

1306756768fucg.png

I am uploading Wipeout screens shortly..

I wonder what the other titles were, that the first article mentioned but that the writer cant speak about. I wish there were more screens of that Little Deviants or that Hot Shots Next had been at the press event.

Uncharted looks simply glorious! Its almost hard to believe!

The graphics look amazing!

Here's to hoping the game is good. All the big spin-offs on the PSP were great games, and I hope Uncharted PS Vita is great too.

Top Bottom