• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wipeout 2048 (PSVita) - Screens, Interview and Previews

Grayman

Tryckser said:
So, when i get the PS3/NGP version, does the other one come as pack in or how does Sony want cross-platform play to work with these games? I'm all in for it, continue on the go, come back home and play on screen, but I will NOT buy games 2 times for this.

edit: And how will cross-platform MP work when PS3 can go 60fps and NGP only 30fps?
The framerate difference should not be an issue. With the nature of online all the clients can never run in perfect sync like they were on a system link or split screen so there has to be room to handle failings anyways. Now the game logic may or may not cause issues running at different rates but that can be ran at different rates than the rendering anyways (GT5 and Forza update their physics 100s of times per second)

Is there any mention of what music tracks are going into it? Licensed or original tracks? It looks great, but CoLD SToRAGE needs to be present for it to be a true game in the series.

Elixist

30 frames is a bummer, maybe if we complain enough they can pull some all nighters to bump it up to 60!
Vids look pretty good, the online progression system sounds interesting, look forward to seeing more.

Curufinwe

Graphics Horse said:
I'm not sure about it but Wip3out might be 50/60fps.
Fusion might have been but nobody played or remembers that one.

Wipeout 3 ran at 720 x 480 resolution, but only at 30 fps.

Gaylord Sweetwood said:
Is there any mention of what music tracks are going into it? Licensed or original tracks? It looks great, but CoLD SToRAGE needs to be present for it to be a true game in the series.

You can grab a bunch of his music for free from his website.

http://www.coldstorage.org.uk/music.html

Suzzopher

But the PSP games were still excellent games to play. I don't see an issue here. Sure 60fps would be ideal, but locking a steady frame rate of 30 is not going to make the game a bad game.

StuBurns

Banned
Suzzopher said:
But the PSP games were still excellent games to play. I don't see an issue here. Sure 60fps would be ideal, but locking a steady frame rate of 30 is not going to make the game a bad game.
True, but it could make a great game good, which might not be enough to sell it to someone in a very costly platform launch period.

Suzzopher

StuBurns said:
True, but it could make a great game good, which might not be enough to sell it to someone in a very costly platform launch period.

But WipEout has always stood out. It's only had one 60fps entry. Sure it was the best, but the game was great at it's core, solid racing, great combat, great course design, awesome art direction and a cracking soundtrack. All those ingredients will be in 2048 :)

StuBurns said:

Very few consumers will ever know the fps of a game let alone not buy it because its 30fps instead of 60...

demosthenes said:
LOL, can't believe everyone bailing. Sad.
Wanting 60 fps in racing games isn't some arbitrary rule/decision/standard.
It means you have only half the input lag, making the game much smoother and directer to control.

30 fps feels off, always has, always will.

Then again wipeout has always been slow as shit compared to other games of it's kind like F zero and extreme G3 to make up for it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIVBBcV3JOQ&feature=related
(extreme lap challenge that was in the game for the lulz)

Normal races :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66xBzukshFA&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gu5UjM49lPQ&feature=related with it's 60 fps was glorious and buttery smooth. (impossible to find a decent driver on youtube though).

Games that require fast reactions always feel super disconnected at 30 fps.

StuBurns

Banned
TheExecutive said:
Very few consumers will ever know the fps of a game let alone not buy it because its 30fps instead of 60...
Well we're not talking about every gamer, we're talking about a few specific posters on GAF, who clearly do know and care about the difference. I don't think NeoGAF members are the average gamer.

slider

I'll be getting it. I'm one of the lucky few who aren't particularly sensitive to tearing, framerates or jaggies.

Shame it's not coming sooner (as I look ahead to a 17hr journey). Sigh.

Carl

StuBurns said:
That's a pretty weak defense, they looked like PSP1 games too, are you happy to buy games that are that quality across the board?

Can't tell the difference myself so it doesn't matter to me

Top Bottom