• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bit.Trip Saga (3DS) and Bit.Trip Collection (Wii) dated and detailed

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Aksys Games has announced today that both compilations of the Gaijin Games's Bit.Trip series will be released in the US on September 13rd.

Including all six Bit.Trip games - Beat, Core, Void, Runner, Fate, and Flux - both compilations will feature exclusive additions.

GwlkS.jpg

Bit.Trip Saga will offer touch-screen controls and 3D visuals to all the six games.

Ygxgj.jpg

Meanwhile, Bit.Trip Collection will come with a soundtrack sampler CD with 18 tracks taken from the games, and offer 120 new challenge levels, new difficulty levels, online leaderboards and extra galleries for all the games.

---

You can view the press release below:

The COMPLETE version of BIT.TRIP Comes to Retail for Wii and Nintendo 3DS Systems

Packaged With a Soundtrack CD and Features 120 Completely New BIT.TRIP Challenges!

TORRANCE (ALTERNATE REALITY), Calif. – June 24, 2011 – Aksys Games, a publisher of interactive entertainment software, in collaboration with game developer Gaijin Games, is pleased to officially reveal that in addition to BIT.TRIP SAGA on the Nintendo 3DS™ system, BIT.TRIP COMPLETE will be released on Wii™ as a complete six-game retail compilation, packaged with a BIT.TRIP Soundtrack Sampler audio CD. BIT.TRIP SAGA (Nintendo 3DS) and BIT.TRIP COMPLETE (Wii) will be shipping to retailers September 13, 2011.

BIT.TRIP COMPLETE (Wii) Features:
All 6 games in the award-winning BIT.TRIP series in one complete
package with 120 completely new BIT.TRIP challenges spanning all six
games! New audio gallery with fan remixes, original songs, and demo versions
of existing BIT.TRIP themes! An image gallery with exclusive production stills, concept art, and promo images! A video gallery with more than 25 movies telling the story of CommanderVideo! 6 Letters to BIT.TRIP fans, written by the series' director! Original soundtrack CD packaged with BIT.TRIP COMPLETE featuring music from all six games in the series! New difficulty modes in all games! Online leaderboards!

BIT.TRIP COMPLETE includes: BIT.TRIP BEAT, BIT.TRIP CORE, BIT.TRIP VOID, BIT.TRIP RUNNER, BIT.TRIP FATE, and BIT.TRIP FLUX!

- BIT.TRIP BEAT marks the beginning of CommanderVideo's epic journey
of the soul with:
o Crazy boss battles!
o Ultra-precise controls!
o A Crazy Chiptune-inspired soundtrack!
o Special Chiptune guest star Bit Shifter!
o Classic gameplay with brain-melting visuals!
o Intriguing cut scenes!

- BIT.TRIP CORE is the second installment in CommanderVideo's soul quest with:
o Beautiful boss battles!
o Classic NES-style controls!
o A thumpin' Chiptune-inspired soundtrack!
o Special Chiptune Guest Star Bubblyfish!
o Mind-melting challenges!
o Revealing cut scenes!

- BIT.TRIP VOID continues CommanderVideo's epic journey with:
o Mid-level checkpoints!
o Epic boss battles!
o A rockin' Chiptune-inspired soundtrack!
o Special Chiptune guest star Nullsleep!
o Synaesthetic music/art/gameplay interaction!
o Hyper-realistic retro cut scenes!

- BIT.TRIP RUNNER marks the first fully character-based adventure for
CommanderVideo with:
o Rhythm-based action platforming!
o Boss battles against robotic terrors!
o 50+ challenges!
o Classic NES-style controls!
o A pounding Chiptune-inspired soundtrack!
o Special Chiptune guest star Anamanaguchi!
o New friends for CommanderVideo!

- BIT.TRIP FATE is the penultimate chapter in the six-part BIT.TRIP
series and will leave you wondering what’s next.
o Collect power-ups to call on CommanderVideo’s friends for powerful shot upgrades!
o A chiptune-inspired dubstep soundtrack helps bring the action to a whole new level!
o Video game worlds collide with appearances from Super Meat Boy and Mr. Robotube!
o Chipmusic artist Minusbaby helps set the tone with a special guest appearance!

- The BIT.TRIP series comes full-circle with BIT.TRIP FLUX:
CommanderVideo's final adventure.
o New power-ups including the full screen paddle!
o New beat types including Avoid Blobs!
o Mid-level checkpoints!
o Classic BIT.TRIP BEAT gameplay now with all the modes including the new Meta Mode!
o Bit Shifter returns as the Chiptune guest star!

BIT.TRIP COMPLETE and BIT.TRIP SAGA have been rated “E” for Everyone with Mild Fantasy Violence by the Entertainment Software Rating Board (ESRB). More information about Aksys Games and the BIT.TRIP series can be found at www.aksysgames.com and www.gaijingames.com.

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
I can't deny that the Bit.Trip.Complete is amazing for fans of the series and is the superior version.

But I still want the 3DS version more. I would have more fun with it on the go and in short bursts. The release date is good too. I wonder if it will be priced at $40, but I still might bite.

JesseZao

I already have 4/6 up to Runner, so I will probably wait for a price drop on this instead of getting them off the Wii Shop. Maybe I'd bite once it's <=$20 since each were $6. I bet it launches at $29.99.

I'll probably wind up getting the Wii version at some point, but September's just getting too full for me to spare the money. I'll try my best at getting it ASAP though.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Stumpokapow said:
One thing I'm curious about for both--price! Particularly the Wii one. Are we expecting $30, $40, or $50?
I'm hoping for $30, but expecting $40, personally.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Will exchange monies for both.

Salsa

Already own all of them on Wiiware.

Will get both of these, and i will continue to buy each one as they release on Steam.

NEO0MJ

Never bought any of them before so I'm excited for this. Probably gonna pick up the 3DS version. Seems to be a better fit for me and my time schedule.

Probably going to bite on both. I really just wanted to get the 3DS version since it seems like the perfect portable game and I assume it will be awesome with headphones, but the extra features of the Wii are really nice.

Lijik

Was already going to buy the Wii one for the boxart alone (and cus I love these games) but then I saw the additions.
Holy shit.

bsb

Neo Member
Will definitely get Wii version.

Tempted to get both eventually. I dig these games too much.

d_escudero

Neo Member
I want 3DS version but I don't have one... I think i will get Wii version
I own Beat, Core and Void, three awesome games (but really difficult), after that only played demos... I'm interesed in Flux

Luigiv

Stumpokapow said:
One thing I'm curious about for both--price! Particularly the Wii one. Are we expecting $30, $40, or $50?
Well lets do some maths. To purchase all six games off Wiiware would cost 6*3+8*3 = $42, So I guess $40 would be the fairest price and $30 would be a bargain.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Cool.. I kinda wanted the original Wii versions... a compilation is appealing.

TheUnknownForce said:
Note that the cost of all three on WiiWare = $40

This'll be a 50-60 buck game, count on it.
I sincerely doubt it. These kinds of compilations released late in a console's lifespan are usually "budget" affairs. I'm guessing $40, with a quick drop to $30.

I kind of got turned off buying games on Wiiware when I didn't know if they would be carried over to future Nintendo consoles.

And I still haven't beaten the third level of Bit. Trip Beat so I saw no reason to buy the next game before mastering the first one.

GrotesqueBeauty said:
I sincerely doubt it. These kinds of compilations released late in a console's lifespan are usually "budget" affairs. I'm guessing $40, with a quick drop to $30.
The 3DS version has an MSRP of $40 so I imagine the Wii version will be the same.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Truth101 said:
Never played any of them before, will pick up the 3DS version.
One of the best indie series...nay, one of the best series of this generation. Even the weaker entries are still infectiously good.

Kid Ying

I'm considering getting the wii version, just to show Gaijin some support and i already bought most of the games at Wiiware. Those guys deserve it and much more.

Plasma

Banned
Just picked up the two bit trip games on Steam, was just thinking today while I was playing it how cool it would look in 3D.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Such a whore. I'll probably get both.
I'm surprised that they're not including the leaderboards in the 3DS version.

Top Bottom