• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 4 - The Floodgates Have Opened...

samdavis said:
I'm aware that you can play songs over any game (via the 360s interface). But I'm talking about, like in GT5, being able to rip songs to the HDD (such a pain...) and creating an in-game playlist.

Is that a yes you can create custom in-game playlists, or the general "360 can play songs over the music of any game."?

You can create custom playlists on the 360 dashboard to be used in all games.

Ty4on

sneaky77 said:
whats the difference? isnt it still a custom playlist?
I think it's custom playlist for menues and races.

Edit: I'd love to have custom music in races and Forza menu music in the menues.

Dommel

samdavis said:
I'm aware that you can play songs over any game (via the 360s interface). But I'm talking about, like in GT5, being able to rip songs to the HDD (such a pain...) and creating an in-game playlist.

Is that a yes you can create custom in-game playlists, or the general "360 can play songs over the music of any game."?
What's the difference then?

derFeef

eso76 said:
now, these are matte white rims :)

http://forzamotorsport.net/Handlers/GetPhoto.ashx?id=256&full=true

(netbook, can't rehost)
VU9f8.jpg

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
derFeef said:
szwJw.jpg

whops.. wait a sec.

mIUQr.jpg

I can't wait any longer :(

Gouda Jouji said:
Instead of your songs playing over the game (The 360's system level custom soundtracks), they're in the game (GT5's custom soundtracks). In GT5 you could set your own mp3s to play in menus or in races (I think, I never used it.)

That is really hot man :( I want it to be that way.

Dommel said:

Instead of your songs playing over the game (The 360's system level custom soundtracks), they're in the game (GT5's custom soundtracks). In GT5 you could set your own mp3s to play in menus or in races (I think, I never used it.)

samdavis

Neo Member
Dommel said:

GT5 has different sountracks for menus and races. W/ the normal 360 method I'd just be loading up the playlist at the beginning of the race and it would likely continue playing over the menus as well.

There's also the potential (not sure if any game implements it) of track-specific playlists instead of just manually playing a certain song every time I want to hear it. Makes it feel more integrated as well, sort of like how Saints Row let your 360 music live as an extra radio station when in a car.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Slayer-33 said:
Seems to be a dark room.

maybe the new paint screen =)

speaking of, i hope we have more camera freedom while painting. it was a bit difficult to get good angles in FM2 and 3

Gouda Jouji said:

On the 360 the custom soundtrack disables the games music in all games.
samdavis said:
GT5 has different sountracks for menus and races. W/ the normal 360 method I'd just be loading up the playlist at the beginning of the race and it would likely continue playing over the menus as well.

There's also the potential (not sure if any game implements it) of track-specific playlists instead of just manually playing a certain song every time I want to hear it. Makes it feel more integrated as well, sort of like how Saints Row let your 360 music live as an extra radio station when in a car.

Ah ok, no that isn't in the game no.

eso76

op_ivy said:
is this "dark room" a homespace, or just one of the other homespaces with the settings adjusted to black out the background?

no idea, but i really like this for photomode.

NyTsT.jpg

op_ivy said:
maybe the new paint screen =)

speaking of, i hope we have more camera freedom while painting. it was a bit difficult to get good angles in FM2 and 3

Or how about the lighting on the back bumper side issue while painting (too dark in FM3). Has Jube or anyone commented on that? I'm sure that has to have been addressed, but would be good to get confirmed.

FStop7

Banned
Mascot said:

Lighting issues aside this is a great representation of Laguna Seca. I instantly recognized the buildings and the elevation changes of the track are also very familiar. I'll be there again on October 14 so I'll try to take some comparison photos from that exact spot if it's accessible to me.

iamcenok

mclaren777 said:
Same here. Unfortunately I don't think FM4 has the naturally-aspirated version of it. :(

I actually don't mind... (Owns S/C version)

Edit: What's wrong with the S/c? You wanted the lighter model?

Mascot

Xanadu said:
LOL if you think the forza 3 ring was accurate

I have no idea whether it was accurate in FM3, or GT5, or Shift, or any other game that features it. I've never driven it enough times to make a judgement.

Actually, why are people so obsessed with pin-point accuracy of real-world tracks in games? It's not as if most of us will ever know the difference anyway. As long as they are fun, and challenging, and look nice, and bear a bloody close resemblance to their real-world counterparts... shouldn't that be enough for a videogame?

Mascot said:
I have no idea whether it was accurate in FM3, or GT5, or Shift, or any other game that features it. I've never driven it enough times to make a judgement.

Actually, why are people so obsessed with pin-point accuracy of real-world tracks in games? It's not as if most of us will ever know the difference anyway. As long as they are fun, and challenging, and look nice, and bear a bloody close resemblance to their real-world counterparts... shouldn't that be enough for a videogame?

Most people will never drive a Veryon, but they'll sure be mad if they notice it's badly modeled, and that's even less of a factor as far as gameplay goes.

H3rTz DoNuT said:
[]http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6176/6183140796_ecd475ebfb_b.jpg[/]
Top gear lens and everything.

Xanadu said:
what does that video prove? forza 3s ring is one of the dumbed down representations ive ever played in a "sim" to date, its way too wide..where are the bumps? where are the steep curbs? the nurb IRL has many imperfections and these just arent replicated in forza

I haven't played Forza 3 or been on the real ring, but going by that footage, bumps (which can't be judged from the posted photos anyway) and some scenery aside, the tracks appear nearly identical, width, curbs and all.

Top Bottom