• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 4 - The Floodgates Have Opened...

BADNED

I did not said they are gone. ;)

BTW new Week in Review is up: http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/wir_8-19/

WIR_Lotus_8_19_11.jpg

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Mascot said:
Looking beyond the weekend, we have a couple of things that we know you’ll want to have on your radar. First of all, next week we’ll be revealing a new track for you all. I can’t tell you anything other than that it’s a very old friend.

Any ideas?
FM track?

Mascot said:
Looking beyond the weekend, we have a couple of things that we know you’ll want to have on your radar. First of all, next week we’ll be revealing a new track for you all. I can’t tell you anything other than that it’s a very old friend.

Any ideas?
Spa, obviously. Next week is the GP, so it would fit.

sneaky77

Mascot said:

Any ideas?

if its a FM1 track I hope is Blue Mountains Circuit, also it could be Indy

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Mascot said:

Any ideas?
Will be disappointed if it's just another reskinned Maple Valley.

Will be excited if it's Pacific Shipyards or Tokyo. Just rip Tokyo out of PGR3/4 and put it in, kthx.

Lakitu

st5fu
Mascot said:

Any ideas?

Please, please be Pacific Shipyards. But it probably won't be.

Still, I'd be happy with Blue Mountain.

eso76

don't get too excited.

Probably just a track that 'has been there since fm1'.
Nurburgring, tsukuba, road atlanta, silverstone, maple valley...there's many.

AMUSIX

Could be NY, which wouldn't be a new environment from FM3, but with the old ribbon returning, which would classify itself as 'old friend'....maybe...

AMUSIX

BADNED said:
I did not said they are gone. ;)
Well, was mostly going off of those two comparison shots, it looks like the cobblestones have been paved over at that particular stretch. The loss of any cobbles is a bit of a bummer, but always curious to see what has happened to the old tracks...

eso76

brotkasten said:
omg, I hope it's Sebring!

Megaton!

btw, i only see ONE picture of the Lotus when the article clearly hints at a few pics :p
Anyway, lighting is great. I am actually finding lighting a lot more convincing in these real world tracks.

Megasoum

Banned
Indy would make sense since 1-we know it's in the game already, 2-it's a old track and 3-It would follow the Turn 10 tradition of teasing stuff for a while then finally doing terrible reveal about stuff that everybody already know about.

Xanadu

Banned
Diablohead said:
sidewinder is awesome, just because the kids on live can't corner properly they hate it!
how about its just a crappy track? honestly theres not one fun section and it goes on forever

Wazzim

Banned
Xanadu said:
almost everybody hates sidewinder from what ive seen, and theres obviously a reason why, stop posting unfunny gifs too
lol What's wrong with you? Sidewinder is tons of fun with friends.

eso76

sidewinder is a great track to improve your technique with various types of turns, and it's nice for drifting. Racing, not so much (well, short ribbons work rather well) but it's first and foremost a test track where you're presented with as many different types of turns as possible. Nothing wrong with that, it's not like you had to race on the infernal ribbon over and over in career.

eso76

298255_253185504704364_185465731476342_861739_233311_n.jpg

heyyy (no hd yet it seems)

come on, i need it in 1080p, so i can get mad at the fact that environment is just for homespace and not an actual track.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Just watched the 18 minute video..

...the GAF Football jerseys need to be made for a grey team and a an orangy-gold team.

It will be awesome. I am re-hyped for this game. How long do I have to submit my pre-order receipt for the bonuses? Do we know yet what those bonuses are?

Xanadu

Banned
eso76 said:
298255_253185504704364_185465731476342_861739_233311_n.jpg

heyyy (no hd yet it seems)

come on, i need it in 1080p, so i can get mad at the fact that environment is just for homespace and not an actual track.
they really dont make cars as beautiful as that these days, awesome pic

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
fu3lfr3nzy said:
Check the OP
Doesn't say in OP what the bonus is for e-mailing them your pre-order receipt. Unless it's the ship bonus, but I was fairly certain that was just what was included on the first print of discs.

Didn't say what it was on the original instruction page either IIRC.

Shaneus

Do we know if those cars above are Autovista ones or just regular? I'm itching to see in-game photomode shots of cars that don't necessarily have the detail of the AV ones.

Xanadu

Banned
Shaneus said:
Do we know if those cars above are Autovista ones or just regular? I'm itching to see in-game photomode shots of cars that don't necessarily have the detail of the AV ones.
the basic lotus elise definitely isnt worthy for autovista so im guessing its normal, the normal cars are still very detailed but just not autovista level

Re: Track that is "a very old friend," please be Rio de Janeiro-- it'd be an absolute stunner with FM4's graphics.

Really, though, any of FM1's fantasy tracks would be welcomed with open arms. So many good ones.

eek5

NullPointer said:
So that backdrop. Is it only for photo shoots?

Everything we've seen from it has been from that same spot but it looks like they did touch up the corner from the leak we saw before.

2yuk9ow.jpg

I'd love for it to be drivable but the track looks TOO good imo

Forza Garage Round 1: Pontiacs have always been about performance, and the 2006 Pontiac GTO's bigger 6-liter V8 fits the bill. Also welcome back the 1987 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am GTA and 2009 Pontiac G8 GXP.

Glad to see Pontiac getting more recognition. It would be cool to see the Fiero get put in there as well.

After watching videos, I hope Blue Mountain makes an appearance. I love the elevation changes and the layout itself looks like a lot of fun.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
shinnn said:
Offscreen Gameplay showing smoke

Not best quality, but it's good to see the smoke and the guy messing around with the right analog stick looking around the car.

http://www.abload.de/img/fm4_smoke027qsq.gif[IMG] [IMG]http://www.abload.de/img/fm4_smoke019oyc.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]
The day they improve smoke in racing games.. is the day we will not be able to distinguish then from reality. Visually, smoke is one of the things holding racing game graphics back, alongside accurate damage modelling.

GT5 got close in some photo-mode shots, but other than that we're quite far off.

Top Bottom