• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 4 - The Floodgates Have Opened...

kamkor

Neo Member
Slayer-33 said:
Prolly E3 build nothing to add I bet ;(

More comparisions to forza 3 physics are always welcome. :) I wonder if it really feels like a new tire model, or is it just a "small" change like from forza 2, to forza 3.

BADNED

First look at the new Road America. Brand new Corvette bridge is there(replacing Toyota) also Kohler tunnel, so no more Road&Track bridge.

Sneak Peak:
wvs4si.jpg

2q0snzs.jpg

28w2av6.jpg

Xanadu

Banned
BADNED said:
First look at the new Road America. Brand new Corvette bridge is there(replacing Toyota) also Kohler tunnel, so no more Road&Track bridge.

Sneak Peak:
they are capped from a vid right? which vid?

BADNED said:
First look at the new Road America. Brand new Corvette bridge is there also Kohler tunnel, so no more Road&Track bridge.

Any idea when we'll see more of this? It's great to know the track has seen some updates; watching today's ALMS race reminds me that quite a few things have changed trackside.

Will the same treatment be applied to the other tracks on the ALMS calendar?

BADNED

They just showed a few minutes ago a full lap during the live broadcast of the RA ALMS race. Screengrabs are from there.

jcutner

Mascot said:
Detailed impressions, man! Let's have your thoughts.

yup, e3 build
no autovista, just burnese alps

tried it with the assists off, and it feels very very different for the handling in comparison to all assists off in forza 3

i took the ferrari first, and when braking for a corner, completely lost control
will take some time to get used to the new handling for sure

visually, it's great
the new lighting is great in the dashboard camera

the demo was very feature limited, in the sense there was no replay/camera option
or the option to bring up the real time monitoring with the dpad

all i know is, i want to play more, and i want this demo on my xbox

BADNED said:
They just showed a few minutes ago a full lap during the live broadcast of the RA ALMS race. Screengrabs are from there.

Aha, I just started watching on demand so I'm rather behind. I'll keep an eye out for it.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
jcutner said:
yup, e3 build
no autovista, just burnese alps

tried it with the assists off, and it feels very very different for the handling in comparison to all assists off in forza 3

i took the ferrari first, and when braking for a corner, completely lost control
will take some time to get used to the new handling for sure

visually, it's great
the new lighting is great in the dashboard camera

the demo was very feature limited, in the sense there was no replay/camera option
or the option to bring up the real time monitoring with the dpad

all i know is, i want to play more, and i want this demo on my xbox

I really, really hate stripped demos I wouldn't want my first experience like that but we'll most likely get that damn old demo in a month or so lol :(

Thanks for the impressions though

eso76 said:
i don't think that's how it works.
It's just that every track gives you shots of your car (which looks kinda like homespace) before the race, in addition to shots of the track itself like fm3 did.
THEN there's homespace locations, like the Top Gear studio and this one, plus, i think, all the ones we saw in the leaked trailer (desert, woods etc) and haven't seen since.

Right, thanks for clearing that up for me eso (and G Rom). I just couldn't understand where the 'homespace' was now. I was hoping the homespace was it's own thing, but clutching at staws for the track. ha.

BADNED, those caps are nice. Thanks :)

Can't wait to see the full vid.

Just saw the FM4 lap of Road America. Hindhaugh isn't half bad behind the virtual wheel, so props to him.

There were noticeable framerate hiccups, as RSTEIN mentioned, but those will surely be taken care of. The game looks fantastic as always-- FM3's blindingly white tarmac under the Briggs & Stratton bridge coming into turn 2 is a thing of the past, and there seemed to be more visual feedback (bumpiness) when attacking the curbs. Again, the updated trackside scenery is great to see.

Edit: brntguy of FM.net has uploaded the footage to YouTube.

eso76

am i seeing imagining better livery textures ?

Maybe we're getting higher res liveries too, together with high lod models for time attack and such single-car-on-track things ?

Hawk269

shinnn said:
Just appeared in the fm.net track list.

Track_ComingSoon_1.gif

also

Forza Garage Round 2:

2006 Subaru Impreza S204
1994 Toyota Celica GT-Four ST205
2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII MR

Well when you hit that link a screen comes up with 3 tracsk that are revealed and an icon for 4th. However there are 32 boxes, which I presume are for 32 tracks. Now are we talking 32 enviroments or are they going to BS us with calling some of the tracks that share the same enviroment as a standalone track?

I pray that there will be 32 enviroments **UNIQUE ENVIROMENTS THAT IS**.

eso76

Spaceman Spiff said:

WTF, that glare on cars is way overdone ! oh, wait...that was the real footage :p

looks good, much better palette from what i can tell, no more blooming tarmac, better trees. Bumpiness looks good, great sense of speed.

Yeah, i saw the stuttering. I hope T10 isn't forced to cut the full lod model to keep a steady framerate.

Btw, with similar improvements everywhere, fm4 automatically gets a bunch of semi-new tracks for me.
Motegi, Road America, Road Atlanta, Sedona...are the tracks i always tried to avoid in career, because of the way they looked; if they made them useable in fm4 they are basically new to me.

Road America looks real good in forza 4, THOSE TREES!

It had motion blur so that must be a recording from a replay of the lap, could explain why there is some stutters due to extra effects which need fine tuning.

guest1321

I wasn't watching the race so it might be a reference to some earlier commentating; however, about halfway through (1:02 ish) he says something about Porsche? Can someone elaborate?

sneaky77

guest1321 said:
I wasn't watching the race so it might be a reference to some earlier commentating; however, about halfway through (1:02 ish) he says something about Porsche? Can someone elaborate?

he is just talking about having the same camera view on a Porsche from the race.

amar212

That bonnet view is horrid and completely unimmersive, I hope cockpit wiev will do justice.

Grip iz crazy, I really hope that full sim-mode will not tolerate such compensation of lateral weighthift.

Looks better than FM3, no doubt. But that bonnet.. Mhm.

Iknos

amar212 said:
That bonnet view is horrid and completely unimmersive, I hope cockpit wiev will do justice.

Grip iz crazy, I really hope that full sim-mode will not tolerate such compensation of lateral weighthift.

Looks better than FM3, no doubt. But that bonnet.. Mhm.

What the hell? Way better than a roof view than in some other racers it is at the perfect height.

You are totally wrong on that part.

Are you forgetting to adjust the FOV for your screen size?

Xun

I didn't think the bonnet view looked that bad, and this is coming from someone who hates the bonnet view in the majority of racing games.

Also Road America looks incredible.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Asking again on this page about whether lf we know what the in-game bonus is for emailing them your pre-order receipt is.

enzo_gt said:
Doesn't say in OP what the bonus is for e-mailing them your pre-order receipt. Unless it's the ship bonus, but I was fairly certain that was just what was included on the first print of discs.

Didn't say what it was on the original instruction page either IIRC.

Anyone?

I can't find anything newer http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/preorder_incentives_program/
Stay tuned to this page in the coming weeks, where we’ll be unveiling additional details on the gifts we’ll be sending out to those who pre-order.

Here's What You Get:
Check out the pre-order incentives that we're offering you for pre-ordering Forza Motorsport 4.

July
Spirit R Unicorn with specially designed Forza Motorsport 4 livery:
I have no idea either what we will get.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
looks really good, a marked improvement over f3, which still looks great IMO. i dont believe the commentator was the driver though :p

DD

I guess that New York is coming darker this time, with the old layout included. :)

The NY lights, uhum uhum. ;D

The lap around Road America looked stunning outside of a few frame drops. Considering optimization is one of the last things a developer does, I'm not worried about it. The new lighting engine is beautiful and I cannot wait to hit all of the old (and new) tracks with the upgraded visuals.

shinnn

FunnyBunny said:
The lap around Road America looked stunning outside of a few frame drops. Considering optimization is one of the last things a developer does, I'm not worried about it. The new lighting engine is beautiful and I cannot wait to hit all of the old (and new) tracks with the upgraded visuals.
Judging by all the videos footage, I think we can already assume that the game is running rock solid at 60fps.
I think it's just the capture, since the real footage don't look that smooth. Also the video is capped at 24fps, and it's a replay footage (although all the replays footages looks smooth too).

Top Bottom