• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GoldenEye 007 Reloaded (Activision) - Amazon.fr Says Xbox 360/PS3

antonz

I could potentially see that. Nintendo probably get a healthy slice of the pie while having their more modern game

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I refuse to believe that a video game blog less than two months old and hosted on blogspot has a credible source.

FyreWulff

Uh yeah, Activision is not going to be releasing the N64 version on XBLA and PSN and not the Wii. They'd immediately go on Nintendo's shitlist even if MS let them release it on PSN, which they would have to do as MS owns whatever Rare owns on the game.

There's a reason why before the project fizzled out that it was only going to be XBLA and WiiWare and not appear on a Sony console.

Nemesis_

Isn't it possible that this could be the XBLA remake? I noticed 007 on the Wii U screen at E3, maybe now with a HD console Nintendo have allowed the remake to hit both Wii U and the Xbox 360?

Nemesis556 said:
Isn't it possible that this could be the XBLA remake? I noticed 007 on the Wii U screen at E3, maybe now with a HD console Nintendo have allowed the remake to hit both Wii U and the Xbox 360?

You did? Where?

Luigiv

Nemesis556 said:
Maybe, but I highly doubt it. A 007 logo on a press conference slide doesn't mean it anything to do with Goldeneye. It's like coming to the conclusion that we'll get a remake of Majora's Mask on the Wii U because Nintendo promised that we'd see Zelda on the thing.

Whatever system this ends up releasing on, I'm sure it'll be based on last year's release not the original.

oatmeal

Banned
Ugh, so it's just the Wii one?

I hope the N64 is unlockable or something. I really, really want to play it again. In HD.

The PD port is amazing.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Poimandres said:
Watch it get middle of the road reviews on the HD platforms.

It deserves it for its ho hum multiplayer, but the campaign is sublime, and as long as it's not a cheap upscaled port I'll be buying it again.

kuYuri

As someone who doesn't own a Wii, a PS3/360 version would please me. Been wanting to play this since hearing all the positive reviews and impressions.

Penguin

Poimandres said:
Watch it get middle of the road reviews on the HD platforms.

Really?

Suspect it would do better since most reviewers can have the comfort of the dual analog setup by default. *Looks at GameInformer*

Fantastical

Death Prophet
EatChildren said:
It deserves it for its ho hum multiplayer, but the campaign is sublime, and as long as it's not a cheap upscaled port I'll be buying it again.
They would definitely have to rework it. If I remember correctly, you had to get to insane levels just to unlock all the modes.

The singleplayer is fantastic, though, and one of the most enjoyable FPS experiences I've had this gen.

speculawyer said:
Is that real? They had a Raven Bond game and they cancelled it?

I did not think I could become more annoyed at Kotick but he pulled it off.

Good news. There's a rumor that Raven has re continued working on this game.

JaskoX1

Banned
The GE007 wii is pathetic. It's nearly Call of Duty in the Goldeneye setting, well hardly that.

Why must they use the Goldeneye tag; plus with Bond 23 coming; we're sure to get a shitty game with that. With Javier running rabid.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
JaskoX1 said:
The GE007 wii is pathetic. It's nearly Call of Duty in the Goldeneye setting, well hardly that.

It's really not, but okay.

JaskoX1 said:
Why must they use the Goldeneye tag; plus with Bond 23 coming; we're sure to get a shitty game with that. With Javier running rabid.
GoldenEye has legendary gaming status. And it is well deserved. For the time-period, the game brought a great FPS engine, with great levels, and a great sound track to consoles. Hell, the game had a useful 'lean' button that allowed you to pop out & shoot long before the cover-mechanic was invented.

But if you play it now, it doesn't stand up because it is on hardware from 2 & 1/2 generations back.

yeah, it appears to be like Call of Duty in marketing but it isn't.

The only bit of Call of Duty that is comparable is the Cliffhanger mission in Modern Warfare 2, and only the middle bit. That is my favorite part of MW2 and Goldeneye is that part extended to an entire game. Really enjoyed it and will most likely double dip when the prices are right.

Shiggy

Rated-Rsuperstar said:
Good news. There's a rumor that Raven has re continued working on this game.

I rather believe they did this port, I cannot see that game being revived when Bloodstone was a flop.

GE007 on the Wii was fantastic, and the old N64 game is way too dated now by todays standards. Eurocom did a really good job. I think 360/PS3 owners will love it tbh.

Is release scheduled for this year? It'd be great if 3DS / Wii-U versions were possible.

Mockingbird said:
I thought Nintendo was the reason why Golden can only be on a Nintendo console?
Yeah and also the reason that a FINISHED version of Goldeneye HD XBLA was never released.
I guess now that actiblizz is pushing for it + its on disk maybe its ok?

Shiggy

Mockingbird said:
I thought Nintendo was the reason why Golden can only be on a Nintendo console?

We are not talking about the original N64 game here. Every non-Nintendo developed GoldenEye can be published on a platform Activison wants to.

Is release scheduled for this year?

October 28th

JaskoX1 said:

You can say that for the multiplayer, but the campaign is one of the better FPS campaigns that have come out in awhile. It pulls a lot from the N64 days of FPS, where you would get extra mission objectives by increasing the difficulty, instead of just ramping up bullet damage. Also trying to get through areas without being detected could be incredibly fun and challenging.

soxinthebox said:
"IR pointer controls were the biggest pull."

Move?

I personally prefer the Wii's IR control to Move as it is more sensitive. Added cost is also a bummer, but that would be the better of the HD versions.

Shiggy

Rahxephon91 said:
Was intersted in it, but it never got cheap enough and I would have to buy a classic controller. A 360 version will be welcome.

You could play it with the Wii Remote or the GCN controller, though the Wii Remote is the best choice for this title. And it got pretty cheap...15 EUR.

Top Bottom