• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GoldenEye 007 Reloaded (Activision) - Amazon.fr Says Xbox 360/PS3

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
gamingeek said:
Where did I say that? If you're going to put it in question marks you should at least use the words I did instead of altering it to mock me. :p
So asking "Why do the snow and jungle levels look worse?" (exact quote this time) doesn't in practice also make the statement that "the snow level" does in fact "look worse"? My English must be rustier than I thought. I'm sorry I misrepresented your point in such a way.

Where did I say it was a big deal?
Where did I say you said it's a big deal?

Remember, you thought that PS2 GTA looked better than Driver Wii.
I conceded I remembered it looking better than it does. Not sure what that has to do with this though. Did you have to agree despite feeling I was wrong and now it's my turn?

Slime

Banned
balladofwindfishes said:
I'm wondering how Activision pulled this off.

There were complications around Rare's XBLA version because it was a direct remake of a game they developed while in a partnership with Nintendo, the former rights owners of the game. The rights later passed to EA and most recently Activision, so not only were Rare working on a version of a game they made for another publisher while under the ownership of a competitor, someone else entirely owned the rights to the franchise anyway.

Instead of getting involved in that convoluted mess, Activision instead opted to work on a like-named 'reimagining,' using their own code but taking Rare's game as inspiration. Simple as that.

Graphically this gen has already surpassed my needs, this game looks pleanty good enough for me to be excited about it generally. I'm much more interested in art / story / gameplay. I think this reviewed pretty well on Wii right? Main character looks like ass, story and gameplay will probably be fine...

So yeah I'll pick it up, probably not a 60$ purchase though. Also I hope it doesn't require move to play.

Dave Long

Banned
If you haven't played it on Wii and are mulling it over, it's absolutely worth it, especially for four player same room multiplayer. Lots of great options and a ton of fun to play with kids, too!

SCREEN LOOKER!

Slime said:
There were complications around Rare's XBLA version because it was a direct remake of a game they developed while in a partnership with Nintendo, the former rights owners of the game. The rights later passed to EA and most recently Activision, so not only were Rare working on a version of a game they made for another publisher while under the ownership of a competitor, someone else entirely owned the rights to the franchise anyway.

Instead of getting involved in that convoluted mess, Activision instead opted to work on a like-named 'reimagining,' using their own code but taking Rare's game as inspiration. Simple as that.
I understand that...

But Nintendo gave input and money towards the develop of THIS specific Goldeneye game. They even published it in Japan.

Shiggy

Slime said:

Activision and Microsoft were both willing to release it. Just Nintendo didn't want to publish the original game on VC when their competitor gets a HD port. Thus the deal failed [Nintendo co-owns the game code of the original game, they don't have any rights to the GoldenEye name].

But Nintendo gave input and money towards the develop of THIS specific Goldeneye game. They even published it in Japan.

They also publish Just Dance in Japan, that doesn't mean anything. And neither did they fund development or anything. They helped on the gameplay side with constant feedback and visits.

amitlu

Banned
Goldeneye Wii was my favorite fps campaign of recent years, this is really good news. I hope the ps3 version uses move because the highly customizable pointer controls in the Wii version made it really fun to play. Some of the levels would look great in HD too as evidenced by the Dolphin shots. It would also be nice to have the multiplayer not plagued with cheating/glitches like the Wii version is now.

Shiggy

amitlu said:
Goldeneye Wii was my favorite fps campaign of recent years, this is really good news. I hope the ps3 version uses move because the highly customizable pointer controls in the Wii version made it really fun to play. Some of the levels would look great in HD too as evidenced by the Dolphin shots. It would also be nice to have the multiplayer not plagued with cheating/glitches like the Wii version is now.

Move support was confirmed at E3.

Awesome. If PS3 version has move, I'll pick up that version. Unless it manages to come out on PC.

also looks better than I expected. I thought it would be in HD with some improvements like Dead Space Extraction, but it seems like there are more noticeable improvements. Not on par with native 360/PS3 games, but it did start out as a Wii game so you can't blame them. Hopefully i has a rock solid frame rate as an improvement.

BJWanlund

I'm stoked, hopefully some of the problems with multiplayer (specifically those bloody effing rockets which led to more deaths on my end than anything) gets patched big time. And maybe PC/Mac versions (like a Steam Play or something) and a 3DS version. We're only less than a week away till we find out for certain.

BJ

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
*sends back to gamefly*

I'll wait. The framerate in the wii game kinda was bad. Cool game though.

batbeg

BJWanlund said:
I'm stoked, hopefully some of the problems with multiplayer (specifically those bloody effing rockets which led to more deaths on my end than anything) gets patched big time. And maybe PC/Mac versions (like a Steam Play or something) and a 3DS version. We're only less than a week away till we find out for certain.

BJ

Multiplayer needs to lose the fucking Masterton automatic shotgun. I can mess some shit up on there, but in tight corridors the Masterton is a win button, and I've encountered clans who I guess think they're the shit with a whole team packing those and prox mines.

I'd rather get the XBLA GoldenEye remake on 360 and PS3 as a retail title. Paid 60$ for it then, and I wouldn't feel any remorse paying another 60$ for it now, especially with a solid framerate and better controls. Yeah, I'm wearing the nostalgia goggles.

The Wii's GoldenEye had a great campaign, but that was the only good part about it. Multiplayer was just terrifying. Didn't help that it seemed like Call of Duty throughout, but I expected that as soon as I heard this game being announced.

Splitscreen-wise, it felt limited compared to the original. Pick a preset weapon/perk loadout, with no arena weaponsets, just the ability to switch loadouts while checking scores (could only see the names, no other details). No custom loadout options, either, which would've made this a bit more bearable.

As for the online, it was a major drag. Framerate/hit detection was pretty dodgy, but the worst offender is the leveling system. With there being no "prestige" function, XP amounts to level were stretched to hell and back. To those who actually made it to Level 50 and further, I'm amazed. Laughed at the fact that License to Kill was online-only as well, pretty lame.

I also miss unlocking things from playing through single player, but that can be applied to almost every game today. Can't fault it there.

I'd highly recommend the campaign to any FPS-lover, it's damned good, but for multiplayer, I'd go with finding a copy of Modern Warfare 2 for both online and splitscreen, or rummaging around for your N64.

I hope that the problems behind the GE remake can actually be sorted out one day, but for now, I'm just fine with playing the original. I still can't finish Aztec on Secret Agent (seriously, those bastards and their Moonrakers).

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
shagg_187 said:
WTF @ Orobi's screenshots. They have COD-ed Goldeneye! Fuck you Activision. Might as well call it "Call of Duty: Goldeneye".

Or you could play the game and find out its not Call of Duty.

BigJiantRobut said:
Imagine a game with a modern setting having modern guns

It's more than that. The lightning changed considerably, and I couldn't say for the better. Sure the original used a hell of a lot more primitive lightning, but I really feel something is off in these screens and it is the lightning most definetly.

Is this version even made by Eurocom?

boris feinbrand said:
It's more than that. The lightning changed considerably, and I couldn't say for the better. Sure the original used a hell of a lot more primitive lightning, but I really feel something is off in these screens and it is the lightning most definetly.

Is this version even made by Eurocom?

There's a specific Call of Duty lighting GAF hates now?

btw I wish there was a lightning gun in this game

Cipherr

EatChildren said:
Or you could play the game and find out its not Call of Duty.

You first, lol. Ill read the reviews from gaffers and consider it if they drop a PC SKU sometime down the line.

Shiggy said:
Activision and Microsoft were both willing to release it. Just Nintendo didn't want to publish the original game on VC when their competitor gets a HD port. Thus the deal failed [Nintendo co-owns the game code of the original game, they don't have any rights to the GoldenEye name].

They also publish Just Dance in Japan, that doesn't mean anything. And neither did they fund development or anything. They helped on the gameplay side with constant feedback and visits.
I wonder now that Nintendo can have the HD port as well with the Wii U if we will see the proper Rare port that is already done be released...

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Cipherr said:
You first, lol. Ill read the reviews from gaffers and consider it if they drop a PC SKU sometime down the line.

I have played it, multiple times, on the Wii. As I've said in other threads, I was sure GoldenEye 007 would be a shitty Call of Duty clone and failure of a game, and instead turned out to be a faithful modernisation of the classic mechanics with huge production vlues and rock solid level design. Its a marvelous game and one of my favourite shooters of this generation.

BigJiantRobut said:
There's a specific Call of Duty lighting GAF hates now?

btw I wish there was a lightning gun in this game

No you're reading things into my post I didn't say. All I said is that the lightning has been changed for this port. Judging from the screenshots they definetly altered the feel of the levels and personally I don't feel it is for the better.

And yes lightning gun should be in the game.

Maxrunner said:
how's the pointer for move??i've read that althought it has more tech going on for motion, its not as good as wiimote pointer, is this true??

It's true, Move is no substitute for the Wii's pointer.

Move isn't actually capable of pointing really, instead it relies on the device's internal motion sensors entirely. Not only is it not as accurate (since it offers no direct relation to where you're pointing onscreen), it also suffers from gyro drift (so over time, you'll find that the cursor drifts out of place until you calibrate it again)

Nuclear Muffin said:
It's true, Move is no substitute for the Wii's pointer.

Move isn't actually capable of pointing really, instead it relies on the device's internal motion sensors entirely. Not only is it not as accurate (since it offers no direct relation to where you're pointing onscreen), it also suffers from gyro drift (so over time, you'll find that the cursor drifts out of place until you calibrate it again)

I guess I'll wait for the inevitable Wii U port then.

Mechazawa

Gotta say, I'm genuinely impressed at how bad the compression in those screens are. I don't know how you get screenshots to a state like that without intentionally trying.

Mael

Alrus said:
Okay if Acti could do a Goldeneye game on the HD twins, why did they even bother with Blood Stones?
Well maybe they understood that it's not bad practice to actually release something once in a while for some platforms, you know like what they should have done with CoD4 and MW2...

Alrus

Mael said:
Well maybe they understood that it's not bad practice to actually release something once in a while for some platforms, you know like what they should have done with CoD4 and MW2...

I mean, why didn't they release Goldeneye on all platform at once like they (sometimes) do with CoD? Saves them money in marketing. Unless they weren't allowed to at the time, it doesn't make sense.

Nemesis_

EatChildren said:
I have played it, multiple times, on the Wii. As I've said in other threads, I was sure GoldenEye 007 would be a shitty Call of Duty clone and failure of a game, and instead turned out to be a faithful modernisation of the classic mechanics with huge production vlues and rock solid level design. Its a marvelous game and one of my favourite shooters of this generation.

Mael

Alrus said:
I mean, why didn't they release Goldeneye on all platform at once like they (sometimes) do with CoD? Saves them money in marketing. Unless they weren't allowed to at the time, it doesn't make sense.
probably an exclusive deal with Nintendo, they're fairly close with ATVI after all.

EatChildren

Alrus said:
Okay if Acti could do a Goldeneye game on the HD twins, why did they even bother with Blood Stones?

You answered your own question. GoldenEye was probably timed exclusive.

Shiggy

Alrus said:

The reason was the mess Bizarre Creations was. Not only did they make games with little appeal and - when it comes to their action titles - with questionable quality, but they were also really late.

Activision wanted to release one Bond game in each year. Quantum of Solace in 2008, Bloodstone in 2009, Raven's Bond in 2010. But Bizarre didn't get their shi* together and failed to meet their original deadline by a year - the Wii version was canned altogether because of their GoldenEye strategy. They thought Nintendo console owners would buy a GoldenEye game for Wii, which is fit to the control scheme.

However, unlike on NDS, Activision did not want to release two Bond games on PS3/X360 in the same timeframe, nor did they want to cancel Bloodstone this late in development. Therefore the GE port is coming only now. It might have been related to some deal with Nintendo, but it fit into Activision's strategy and thus was no problem for them either.

Pooya

press release.

Activision Unveils GoldenEye 007(TM): Reloaded for the PlayStation(R)3 and Xbox 360(R)

Legendary James Bond Adventure Returns With New Gameplay Modes, Increased Multiplayer Options and Full PlayStation®Move Compatibility

SANTA MONICA, Calif., July 20, 2011 /PRNewswire/ — The world’s most famous secret agent is back! Activision Publishing, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVI) today declassified the existence of GoldenEye 007: Reloaded, which will make its grand debut on the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and Xbox 360® for the first time ever. Built on a brand new engine that delivers striking visuals, blistering fast gameplay and the ability to play using the PlayStation®Move with Sharp Shooter peripheral, GoldenEye 007: Reloaded is the complete James Bond experience shooter-fans have been waiting for and will launch in stores later this fall.

“We are beyond ecstatic to debut GoldenEye 007: Reloaded to the millions of fans who have been clamoring for it to arrive on Sony and Microsoft home consoles,” said David Oxford, Executive Vice President at Activision Publishing. “And now with full PlayStation Move functionality, 007 fans all around the world can play the game in full HD in more ways than ever before.”

“Promising to be one of the most immersive and interactive Bond games to date, this is an outstanding opportunity for PlayStation fans to experience one of the most iconic and action-packed shooters in an all new way with PlayStation Move and the Sharp Shooter peripheral,” said Rob Dyer, Senior Vice President, Sony Computer Entertainment of America. “By bringing together GoldenEye 007: Reloaded, and PlayStation Move’s Sharp Shooter, we are continuing to expand the new world of motion-based entertainment appealing for hardcore fans and only possible on PlayStation.”

GoldenEye 007: Reloaded is a contemporary James Bond experience featuring HD visuals and realistic environments running at 60-frames per second, akin to today’s elite action games. Additional to the legendary story campaign, the game introduces the brand new ‘Mi6 Ops Missions’ — new, distinct levels separate from the campaign that span the varied environments from the story and challenge players to complete different Assault, Elimination, Stealth and Defense objectives. GoldenEye 007: Reloaded also takes multiplayer to new heights, maintaining and improving its renowned four-player split-screen action and adding full, adrenaline-pumping 16-player online matches with more maps, weapons, characters and game modes than ever before.

GoldenEye 007: Reloaded will arrive in stores this fall and is being developed by Eurocom under license from EON Productions Ltd and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. (MGM). For more information and to receive exclusive updates about the game, visit www.facebook.com/GoldenEyeGame or www.goldeneyegame.com.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Nemesis556 said:
60fps = subHD?

Not that I care, just interested of course.

It's actually 1080p apparently. On PS3 anyway.

edit - and it should be, really, if it's more port than remake...(?)

boris feinbrand said:
I guess I'll wait for the inevitable Wii U port then.

Move pointer works very well. It depends on the game, there is no low level pointer solution like the Wii, but some games like The Shoot, MAG and Killzone 3 have some really awesome pointer controls. Hell, KZ3 plays better than any FPS on Wii, if they work well, the game will be control just as great with the Move than the Wiimote.

Feindflug

gofreak said:

So it's 1080p/60fps on the PS3? if you're not joking then that's great news. :p

Most likely I'll get the game day one as I loved the Wii version.

Disguises

gofreak said:

Well they said they rebuilt the engine from scratch, so it sounds like less of a port actually :/

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Feindflug said:
So it's 1080p/60fps on the PS3? if you're not joking then that's great news. :p

Most likely I'll get the game day one as I loved the Wii version.

Well, I dunno, just relaying what I'm reading. Just according to this it's 1080p, and this article mentions the 60fps too.

Top Bottom