• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Arkham City Collector's Edition Revealed

LiK

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/07/19/batman-ce-details.aspx

batman0719-610.jpg

[Update] Warner Bros. Interactive has officially revealed details on the upcoming Batman: Arkham City's collector's edition, which leaked a few days ago. As outlined earlier, the special edition includes a statue, art book, early access to DLC, and more.

It looks as though earlier reports didn't lay out all of the edition's features, either. Here's a complete tally of what you'll get for a cool $99:

•Custom Batman statue produced by Kotobukiya
•Collectible art book
•Early access to the Iceberg Lounge Challenge Map and Batman: The Dark Knight Returns skin
•Batman: Arkham City album from WaterTower Music including original songs by hit artists, available via digital redemption
•Bonus DC Universe animated original movie, Batman: Gotham Knight
•Four collectible cards
Is anyone planning on picking up this bad boy, or are you going to take a wait and see approach?

LiK

Keyser Soze said:
So was Arkham Asylum

The T back then was mostly based around the fact that Batman clearly does not kill people, and enemies could be seen moving after fights.
Yea, they're only knocked out. *chuckle*

Ken

Statue could be okay as it's Kotobukiya.
Art book is another half-sized flip book that really shouldn't be called an art book.
Don't care much for getting DLC early, the music, or the cards.
Have already seen Gotham Knight.

Pass.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
is it just me, or are CEs getting lamer and lamer ever year? What happened to lunch boxes and dodge balls?

LiK

Defuser said:
These statues CE are getting stale and tiring.
Made by Koto tho. They make some of the best comic book and star wars statues. WB made a good choice.

The rest of the contents are disappointing tho.

Keyser Soze said:
So was Arkham Asylum

The T back then was mostly based around the fact that Batman clearly does not kill people, and enemies could be seen moving after fights.
Infamous and Uncharted rated T. You can get away with a lot in a T-rated game.

barnone

Keyser Soze said:
So was Arkham Asylum

It was rated 18+ in Europe, some here thought it would be an M rating in that other thread.

Osietra

Banned
Man, I'm going to have to enlarge my bathroom what with all of these sweet CE dolls and stuff to put on the shelves.

I've still got my Batarang sitting on my desk. The statue is slightly less cool so I guess I'll pick the special edition if/when it goes on sale.

Moofers

Great. That statue can fit nicely into everyone's wall of statues and figures.
DSCN0155.jpg

It'll look great next to our Marcus Fenix statue, Mortal Kombat bookends, etc.

AEREC

Ill pass...too much white and Im not into statues/figures. Im glad there are no in-game exclusive items.

The fucking statues, why all of a sudden are statues in every collector's edition. Jacks up the price too much IMO, plus they're mostly shit.

Datrio

I bought Arkham Asylum. The batarang was the biggest piece of shit I've ever seen in a collector's edition.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me--

Custom Batman statue produced by Kotobukiya
Kotobukiya
Kotobukiya

...oh fuck. *preorders*

Also, it seems WB wants to tie it at least somewhat into The Dark Knight trilogy, with the character skin and by including the animated movie.

JazzmanZ

wow golly gee, collectible cards! I'm sure these will be the beginning of a super major card franchise in the likes of Magic and Pokemon.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
I must buy this and then put it with all my special edition stuff in my closet. Sad part will be pre-ordering with best buy to get Robin. sigh.

rapid32.5

yeah it's a pretty weak CE. I'm only interested in devs commentary/making of vids which I hope included on disc.

woodypop

I wonder if the PS3 version of
•Bonus DC Universe animated original movie, Batman: Gotham Knight
is going to be on DVD or Bluray?

Also digging the Koto statue.

_dementia said:
DKR skin is meh. With all the voice talent they used, why not include TAS skins?

Umm, because it would be jarring as fuck having art deco style/Timm-Verse designed character walking around in this setting

DKR fits perfectly

I wanna see the hosue of the guy buying all these damn $100+ collector's editions that come with statues and absurdly ridiculous things.

LBP2
inFamous 2
AC: Brotherhood
Mortal Kombat
Halo 3
Halo Reach
etc....

AgentOtaku said:
Umm, because it would be jarring as fuck having art deco style/Timm-Verse designed character walking around in this setting

DKR fits perfectly
As long as we get Carrie Kelley Robin I suppose.

Ken

_dementia said:
DKR skin is meh. With all the voice talent they used, why not include TAS skins?
I'd be curious to see how TAS skins would look on the Arkham Batman model.

keltickennedy said:
Bottom right of the collector's edition image, you can see the skin there.

OH SHIT!

Didn't even notice, thanks!

review_bbwmiller_3.jpg

As I said, always loved the design and was super sad this awesome statue went OoP

Looks like all of the discs included in it (even the game) come in paper sleeves instead. I understand not wanting to bulk the package up a lot, but come on.

DryvBy

LiK said:
Yea, they're only knocked out. *chuckle*

Pretty sure I watched Batman break a dude's neck when I played the other night. But whatever gets wussy parents through the night... lol

I'm certain I'm not getting the collector's edition unless I have extra money. I usually only buy them if they have something amazing, like another game bundled. But even then, it has to be something I want to play.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
I have a little collection of black & white figures going, so this is pretty damn tempting, would be a great addition.

Though, am I crazy, or is this showing that rather than having a game case, the game disc is just tucked into the inside cover of the art book? I initially thought that was the soundtrack, but that's just a download and the voucher is pictured between the two DLC cards.

Top Bottom