• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu (08/31) - Persona 4 Golden (Vita, New Stuff), P4 Fighting (Arc/Atlus/Console)

Gomu Gomu

GameE said:
Um what the heck is this? from sinobi
From Google translate:

Wii on sale: "Mask of the lunar eclipse Zero"

Taking a ghost with a projection unit, a system peculiar
Are gaining popularity, "Zero" will be released on the new staff 3DS series.
Include a note utilizing the capabilities of AR AR 3DS,
Have adopted a style of play to the camera body likened 3DS.

· AR Story "- Diary of a purple-Zero"
The girl was taken to the real world → Player "M. Night" with
Purple diary: The Curse (AR notebook) follow the mystery of
· Horror Notes
→ AR notebook with a collection of mini games
· Ghost Camera
Psychic or just take a photo shoot →,
Mode or a person's face captured fighting with the ghost shot
Conventional - "Zero" Play time is short compared with the series
• The release date yet

---------

A 3DS Fatal Frame that uses AR?

edi: Oh right, an obligatory: http://i.imgur.com/4kc2D.jpg

MechaX

I can't say I didn't see this coming, but it's doing a lot more than what the 3DS is doing on the "get me to buy this thing" scale.

The P4 fighting game is... odd... You know what, just fully make it a MegaTen fighter and call it a day.

Reversed

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Persona 4 fighting game? OH MY GOD

BlazingDarkness said:
Persona fighter has Persona 3 and 4 characters btw

And it's set two years after 4, which means the Persona 3 characters are going to be in their early-to-mid 20s.

I am going to main the SHIT out of Mitsuru.

Reversed said:
RSS feeds gave me this.

qqOPb.png

It was a mistake... ಠ_ಠ

Ok, need some P5 info now

DR2K

Banned
Well if it's Vita then there's a huge chance of a US release. I wonder if it'll be a launch title?

Bebpo

Banned
MechaX said:
I can't say I didn't see this coming, but it's doing a lot more than what the 3DS is doing on the "get me to buy this thing" scale.

The P4 fighting game is... odd... You know what, just fully make it a MegaTen fighter and call it a day.

The problem with a megaten fighter is between main characters and demons there are like 500 characters to choose a roster of 12-16 from.

P3/P4 leads sort of makes sense, though it really doesn't since half of them aren't fighting characters.

I do hope there is a Raidou cameo character though. Raidou is the best SMT lead in a while.

And there better be a jack frost sprite attack :p

MikeE21286 said:
Ok, need some P5 info now
AndriaSang said:
Famitsu also has a few preliminary details on the next numbered entry in the series, Persona 5. Basic preparations for the game's development have been completed, with the usual staff members in place. That includes Katsura Hashino as director, Shigenori Soejima as character designer, and Shouji Meguro as main composer.

StuBurns said:
The talk of PSV 'winning' is interesting, in the 8-4 podcast the other day they were talking about Japan throwing their support behind PSV. It's as if they just assume MH will be exclusive, so it's going to win. I don't know, or care if that's the case, but it's surprising to me. I really expected exclusives in the handhelds would be over this time around, as it is on the consoles.

As for Bayo 2, I imagine we'll see it before TGS.

Well it's not the same since the two are that comparable as the home consoles. Not just powerwise but also the fact that the psv has a second stick and good online features.

Also Japan was behind in home console game development..I see the psv has a potential landing spot for some japan exclusives going forward. It really can be really big.

or it could fail...either way it's gonna be big.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
New anime OP with a new song by Meguro is <3.

MechaX said:
The Ultimate In Mayonaka Arena has P3 and P4 characters and takes place two years months (according to Sinobi, anyway) after P4 apparently, but it does strike me as odd as well.

A fighter with all the SMT protagonists (at least from the PS2/PS1 titles) is a little more reasonable.

mollipen

Persona 4 Golden: Let the golden love flow all over you

And BOOOOOOOOOO to Persona 4 2D fighter... because that shit need to be Megami Tensei 2D Fighter!
But still, HOLY F'N SHIT if Persona 4 2D fighter is true, because that's one of those dreams that never actually comes true.

(Below is fanwork, and nothing to do with this announcement.)

Lissar

Reluctant Member
BigJiantRobut said:
And it's set two years after 4, which means the Persona 3 characters are going to be in their early-to-mid 20s.

I am going to main the SHIT out of Mitsuru.

If the original Sinobi post is anything to go by, it's 2 months not 2 years.

Interesting either way.

Spruchy

Persona 4 was an amazing game, one of my favorite RPGs of all time in fact, but do all of you guys really want to replay it? I might be in the minority but it was a great experience that I have no need to relive.

Nirolak said:
I agree, but I don't want to rule it out.

It could just be a case where Bayonetta 2 doesn't really interest the people that have the magazine right now. That's happened before with other games. It just takes a little extra time for that new to trickle out.

Lissar said:
P4 fighting game to have a story set 2 months after the game, and include P3 characters? Didn't expect that, especially having an actual story. Imagined it would just be random fighting. Don't know how I feel about a fighting game though, I suck at them >>

BlazBlue has a story mode.....I like it due to it being really random ( and Trollzama). So it can be pretty good if they do it like that.

so hype since both BlazBlues were my top games for their respective years.

Bebpo

Banned
Spruchy said:
Persona 4 was an amazing game, one of my favorite RPGs of all time in fact, but do all of you guys really want to replay it? I might be in the minority but it was a great experience that I have no need to relive.

No interest at all; same as with P3P. But these games are good for people who never played the original to get into the series.

Sammy Samusu said:
I think it's a ghost game from Fatal Frame team, not Fatal Frame 3DS.

We will see.

I assume it's Fatal Frame too, just because of the "Mask of the lunar eclipse Zero" name.

Fatal Frame = Project Zero.

TreIII

Persona Fighting Game by ASW?

DAY 1 PURCHASE. Only thing I could wish for is P2 characters in the mix too. It wouldn't even have to make any sense. :lol

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
If it has a FeMC campaign, inject it directly into my face.

I hope they bring back being able to split up the party during exploration, too. That was sorely missed in P4.

StuBurns

Banned
Knux-Future said:
Well it's not the same since the two are that comparable as the home consoles. Not just powerwise but also the fact that the psv has a second stick and good online features.

Also Japan was behind in home console game development..I see the psv has a potential landing spot for some japan exclusives going forward. It really can be really big.

or it could fail...either way it's gonna be big.
I don't think the technology difference is a big deal, and they both have online, but yeah, the second stick could have a substantial difference in game design. I guess I just expected people to work around those things and support both platforms.

Aeana

Bebpo said:
No interest at all; same as with P3P. But these games are good for people who never played the original to get into the series.
P3P was cool because of the female MC option. I was happy to play it again and feel a much tighter connection than before. If P4 has that, I will get it too, but if not, I won't.

I hope they make Kanji dateable as the male MC.

OR, if a female MC is introduced, I hope their S. link delves into relationship stuff and they clear up stuff instead of leaving it for interpretation.

Also, a Persona 4 fighter from ASW...OMFG. Music from Shoji Meguro and Daisuke Ishiwatari...holy shit. Let it happen.

UPDATE!!

Fighting game takes place two years post-Persona 4 and PERSONA 3 AND PERSONA 4 characters confirmed!!!

Andriasang said:
Atlus Announces Persona 4 Vita, Persona 4 Fighter, and Teases Persona 5

Posted on 08.31.2011 at 08:39, by Anoop Gantayat

This week's Famitsu has some major Persona announcements, ranging from the obvious to the totally unexpected.

First, the game everyone was expected, a remake of Persona 4. Atlus is bringing the PlayStation 2 title to PlayStation Vita as Persona 4 The Golden. This new version adds a number of new features:

A new character named Mary
1.5 times the voice of the PS2 version
Wireless support for calling on others to help you when you're about to die in a dungeon.
Other elements that fans of the original requested
New opening anime with new song from Shouji Meguro
New animation movies

A release is set for Spring 2012.

A bit more surprising is Persona 4 The Ultimate In Mayonaka Arena. Atlus is teaming up with Arc System Works for a 2D fighter that will be released first for arcades in Spring 2012, then for PS3 and Xbox 360 in Summer 2012. The game is being developed by the BlazBlue team.

The Ultimate in Mayonaka Arena has a new story that takes place two yeas after the events of Persona 4. Characters from Persona 4 and Persona 3 will feature in the game.

Famitsu also has a few preliminary details on the next numbered entry in the series, Persona 5. Basic preparations for the game's development have been completed, with the usual staff members in place. That includes Katsura Hashino as director, Shigenori Soejima as character designer, and Shouji Meguro as main composer.

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/20...ts/?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Top Bottom