• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu (08/31) - Persona 4 Golden (Vita, New Stuff), P4 Fighting (Arc/Atlus/Console)

Corto

000yhkh4

Rarutos

Persona 4 Fightan? Unexpected... Surprised they're keeping to Persona 4 though! It would have been an interesting opportunity for a Persona fightan in general. :eek:

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Well, that score for Tales of Xillia is pretty encouraging... and now I remember it's a Famitsu score.

BUT OMG PERSONA 4. Please let it be with extra Female MC!

Teknoman

Spiegel said:
There's a 2D Persona 4-based fighting game? developed by Arc System Works for Arcade/PS3/360

I don't know for sure. That sounds weird.

Awesomely weird. It'll probably play like Jojo's Bizzare Adventure + Blazblue.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
adding new characters, movie events, animated scenes, and more. It will include 1.5 times the amount of voice-overs seen in the PS2 version. Marie, voiced by Kana Hanazawa, is one of the new characters.

:) :) :)

neoemonk

The Vita just keeps getting better and better. If you bought of the PlayStation Store you could have all the Persona games except for Eternal Punishment on this thing I think.

Shuusui

Haha, I'm going to just post the favoured Japanese response from the blogs leaking this story:

やったあああああああああああああああああああああああああ!!

Will I rebuy it, though? Probably not, dudes. 200+ hours in Persona 4... hard to re-do that. Still, new female character voiced by Kana Hanazawa. Might be cool!

Thoraxes

Can I start PS3 port begging yet?
Also hopefully it gets localized.

Also i'm happy because now I know that I don't need to buy a Vita till this comes out.

Emitan

zoner said:
Someone get Robotnik on Fifth Element Vita, 'We got Persona, We got Uncharted...'
BisonYes.avi

SpaceDrake said:
Welp, the Vita just won the handheld wars. This says p. much everything you need to know about how far devs are willing to go to support the system.

Also picking up a Vita day one now, thanks a lot Atlus :mad:
If the Persona team is supporting this thing right out of the gate...WOW.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Good news for when I get a Vita in the future. I'd rather have a PSP version but I was aware that the chances were slim.

But P4 Fighting, wat.

Jomjom

Banned
Damn I always hear so much hype about the Persona series. Now that all the games in the series are/will be easily accessible, I think I should finally try Persona 1.

Would I like Persona if I like the FF series, but don't like Rogue-likes? I've heard Persona has randomly generated dungeons.

Presona 4 will see a re-release three years after its original launch. This time, it’s coming to PlayStation Vita.

Persona 4: The Golden is an enhanced port for Sony’s new handheld, adding new characters, movie events, animated scenes, and more. It will include 1.5 times the amount of voice-overs seen in the PS2 version. Marie, voiced by Kana Hanazawa, is one of the new characters.

Out in Japan in spring 2012, it will utilize the “communications capabilities” of PlayStation Vita.

Thanks, Sinobi

I am so happy right now.

Andrefpvs

Don said:
Now if Eternal Punishment gets a PSP release then every Persona game will be playable on the Vita.

This just made the Vita into my Persona playing machine.

Exactly! I'll have them all on Vita! OH I CAN'T SLEEP NOW!

Thoraxes

jling84 said:
Damn I always hear so much hype about the Persona series. Now that all the games in the series are/will be easily accessible, I think I should finally try Persona 1.

Would I like Persona if I like the FF series, but don't like Rogue-likes? I've heard Persona has randomly generated dungeons.
Persona 1 is not a good place to start. Start with 3 if you want a game that's in the same vein as 4.
1-2 are the same, but also really different at the same time.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Spiegel said:
There's also a Persona 4 fighting game from Atlus and Arc System Works for 360/PS3/Arcade Machines.

Wait what?

Don

Is the new character supposed to be a party member? Sad about no mention of optional female MC yet.

Also a Persona 4 fighting game is so weird but I want it anyway.

Nirolak said:
Perhaps, but Game Informer is Thursday.

That would be extremely surprising. Blue Dragon was the last Japanese game that they gave a cover story to. And that was after the Japanese version was already released. That was in early 2007.

GameE

Um what the heck is this? from sinobi

発売中■Wii:「零 月蝕の仮面」

射影機を使って幽霊を撮影するという、一風変わったシステムで
人気を得ている「零」シリーズのスタッフによる新作が3DSで発売決定。
3DSのAR機能を活かしたARノートを同梱し、
3DS本体をカメラに見立てたプレイスタイルを採用している。

・ARストーリー「零 ~紫の日記~」
 →プレーヤーによって現実世界に連れ出された少女「眞夜」と共に
  呪われた紫の日記(ARノート)の謎を追う
・ホラーノート
 →ARノートを使ったミニゲーム集
・ゴーストカメラ
 →撮影するだけで心霊写真が撮れたり、
  撮影した人物の顔を取り込んだ怨霊と闘ったりするモード
・従来の「零」シリーズと比べるとプレイ時間は短め
・発売時期は未定

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
SolidSnakex said:
That would be extremely surprising. Blue Dragon was the last Japanese game that they gave a cover story to. And that was after the Japanese version was already released. That was in early 2007.
I agree, but I don't want to rule it out.

Famassu

Big One said:
Vita will get Persona 4, 3DS will get Persona 5 obviously
Persona 4 Golden = Vita
Persona 5 = PS360
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 1 & 2 Overclocked and maybe some other SMT game = 3DS

StuBurns

Banned
The talk of PSV 'winning' is interesting, in the 8-4 podcast the other day they were talking about Japan throwing their support behind PSV. It's as if they just assume MH will be exclusive, so it's going to win. I don't know, or care if that's the case, but it's surprising to me. I really expected exclusives in the handhelds would be over this time around, as it is on the consoles.

As for Bayo 2, I imagine we'll see it before TGS.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
P4 fighting game to have a story set 2 months after the game, and include P3 characters? Didn't expect that, especially having an actual story. Imagined it would just be random fighting. Don't know how I feel about a fighting game though, I suck at them >>

Top Bottom