• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 3 Beta [Beta withdrawal underway!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Midou

I bought the game yestarday though I am not exactly crazy hyped, more like hoping playing with friends will make it awesome. My main gripe is that I'm not too thrilled with any classes, would have liked a melee speed class like a thief or assassin kind of thing. Like Demon Hunter but with melee. But I will suck it up and be a Demon Hunter like what seems to be over half the gaf list. :X

A flat fee for commodities doesn't make much sense because they're stackable and sell in large quantities.

The 15% cashout fee is ridiculous and I'm not sure if this is going to Paypal, Blizzard, or both. It should be 5%. I guess I just won't cash out.

I bought the game yestarday though I am not exactly crazy hyped, more like hoping playing with friends will make it awesome. My main gripe is that I'm not too thrilled with any classes, would have liked a melee speed class like a thief or assassin kind of thing. Like Demon Hunter but with melee. But I will suck it up and be a Demon Hunter like what seems to be over half the gaf list. :X

...isn't that Monk? Too lazy to hunt for the vid on my phone but someone linked to a Monk vid with nonsensical attack speed earlier.

LordCanti

A flat fee for commodities doesn't make much sense because they're stackable and sell in large quantities.

The 15% cashout fee is ridiculous and I'm not sure if this is going to Paypal, Blizzard, or both. It should be 5%. I guess I just won't cash out.

I can swallow a 15% cash out fee, but when stacked on top of the 15% commodities fee? Meh.

There's nothing Blizzard sells that I want, so there's no reason to keep my profits in blizzard cash or whatever (Blizzard bucks? Battlenet Dollars?). I can either take the hit and accept the 85% (70% for commodities sold), or just sell things for gold and never make any actual money. All of a sudden I'm realizing that this would be a great way to get money in my Paypal account that I can use to buy things that I don't want showing up on my credit card statement :p

Oh I didn't know that. Boo.

Is the retail client available for pre-download anywhere atm?

You can digitally download the game directly from Blizzard. I'd imagine that you'll need a CC on file that they can bill on release day. Otherwise, I guess you could probably get the client elsewhere.

Burger

Oh I didn't know that. Boo.

Is the retail client available for pre-download anywhere atm?

Windows
en-GB
en-US
en-SG
German
Spanish-ES
French
Italian
Polish
Taiwan Mandarin
Korean
Spanish-MX
Portugese

OS X
en-US
en-GB
en-SG
German
French

*would be good to put this in the OP/OT

** Clicking on install will give you the message: 'The fire from the sky still falls. Diablo III has not yet launched.'

*** I believe the OS X links are universal (my copy has a Diablo III Setup.exe in addition to the OS X version)

LordCanti

If I buy the game from Blizzard, they won't charge me until the game launches, right?

They will, why not?

Why not? Because the game can't be played yet :p

Edit: You're right, they do charge. I guess I'll "pre-order" an hour or two before the game launches.

Hansel

Banned
let see

All the extra,making of on a freaking blu-ray,the skull,soundtrack,free D1 and D2,art book,there is actually too much good stuff here for $99,it's really the best CE ever imho.

Diablo II and Diablo II: LoD actually. Which is a better deal. Though it would be awesome if it came with Diablo I as well.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
If I buy the game from Blizzard, they won't charge me until the game launches, right?

Why not? Because the game can't be played yet :p

Edit: You're right, they do charge. I guess I'll "pre-order" an hour or two before the game launches.

What's the problem with paying 2 weeks early exactly? You will still get Diablo 3 on day 1.

Kalnos

Banned
So, Amazon US definitely has pre-orders again for the CE ($99). I'm pretty sure they don't oversell and when I checked a week or two ago they were out.

EDIT: Whelp, they're gone again. :lol Guess they just threw some up for people canceling or something.

Svafnir

How so? And controller mapping software should be safe from banning?

Yes, I'm only simulating mouse and key presses with the ps3 controller nothing bad. Hence you can see in the video ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqEoMhkj6W4 )the mouse jumping around since any 8 direction I press the mouse goes to a predefined location and holds down force move. It was the only way I could get movement working well, simulating the mouse 100% to walk didn't work well. So instead any 8 directions on ps3 analog and auto it script I made moves mouse for me. Then direct mouse movement is on right analog if I ever need it.

Fitz

So, Amazon US definitely has pre-orders again for the CE ($99). I'm pretty sure they don't oversell and when I checked a week or two ago they were out.

EDIT: Whelp, they're gone again. :lol Guess they just threw some up for people canceling or something.

Yeah, any CE's that pop up on Amazon go pretty fast, I saw one appear on Amazon UK during the open beta weekend and it went in about a minute.

Because I bought it!

Crisco

Banned
Haha yeah, I've been checking basically once an hour for the past week or so once I decided I was definitely buying the game. I was sure I was fugged but I guess they got a few more in stock.

UberTag

Any recommendations on a decent gaming mouse for Diablo? Nothing too expensive ($50 or less).

I played through the public beta on my notebook using a touchpad but I know full well this isn't going to be optimal control for the game itself upon its release.

I'm not sure for under $50, but if you could raise your budget to $60 I recommend Logitech G500.

The previous model (G400) is $38 but I have never used it before. It has good reviews though.

I have the G400 its a good mouse best bucks for bang i would say.
But i have a weird bug in win 8 mouse will sometimes jump all over the screen.
I dont have it on my win7/ubuntu laptop so i think its a faulty driver install.

Crisco

Banned
What do people want that's in the CE? I see a bunch of useless shit that will clutter my house.

Blizzard could literally shit in a box and call it PoopCraft™ and I would buy the Collector's Edition. No one ever said the decision was driven by logic :)

LordCanti

lol blizzard will make some much money with the RMAH it's hilarious.

Even the gold AH cost 15%... it's better to trade no ?

Is there a trade mechanic in the game? I mean, can one person walk up to another on a server and initiate a trade that bypasses the AH?

15% split between Blizzard and Paypal isn't atrocious. I still think the extra 15% for commodities is though.

Is there a trade mechanic in the game? I mean, can one person walk up to another on a server and initiate a trade that bypasses the AH?

15% split between Blizzard and Paypal isn't atrocious. I still think the extra 15% for commodities is atrocious though.

yeah, of course. you can trade traditionally, and you can just throw stuff on the ground for people to pick up. we're not animals. :p

I still think the 15% makes sense for commodities because it only ends up being more than the standard $1 if you're charging more than what, like $7? It's unlikely, no matter how rare your dye or gem is. Maaaaybe for the rarest of recipes, but for anything else? unlikely.

LordCanti

yeah, of course. you can trade traditionally, and you can just throw stuff on the ground for people to pick up. we're not animals. :p

I still think the 15% makes sense for commodities because it only ends up being more than the standard $1 if you're charging more than what, like $11.75? It's unlikely, no matter how rare your dye or gem is. Maaaaybe for the rarest of recipes, but for anything else? unlikely.

I suppose that makes sense, until you get one of those rares and they get you for the additional money of course :p

Anyone else going to hoard gold, gems, crafting materials, uniques, etc, in anticipation of the RMAH opening?

Bah, you quoted me before I knew how math worked! :lol

And yeah, I mean there's only so much Blizzard Defense Force I can do before I just look at it and go "...Yep. They reeeeeally like money."

Welcome to the club. Earlier I momentarily (in a sleepy haze) thought 100-15 was 75.

I suppose that makes sense, until you get one of those rares and they get you for the additional money of course :p

Bah, you quoted me before I knew how math worked! :lol

And yeah, I mean there's only so much Blizzard Defense Force I can do before I just look at it and go "...Yep. They reeeeeally like money."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom