• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma new screens

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
This looks like it could be really cool. I hope there's a demo or something ahead of time since I'd like to check it out.

Orayn

Goddamn MT Framework is pretty. My hype for this game is slowly building and will probably reach critical mass some time before it comes out.

In before some semi-justified complaints about lack of co-op, mixed with dozens and dozens of largely unrelated Capcom hate posts.

Is that... is that really a goat with a lion's upper body attached to its chest and a snake coming out of its ass in the last screenshot?

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
ColonelColon said:
Is that... is that really a goat with a lion's upper body attached to its chest and a snake coming out of its ass in the last screenshot?
Not sure if serious... Most of the monsters they've shown are mythological (mythical?) beasts.

Orayn

ColonelColon said:
Well, the snake is actually supposed to be the tail, but yeah. That's the classic depiction of a chimaera.

s9IVW.jpg

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Ugh, I'm so torn. This game always 'looks' far better than when I, ya know, actually played it. Was super disappointed. Then again, that was back at E3... so hopefully they make a lot of changes. It was just clunky, looked pretty average, and wasn't as exciting as the proposition of what it could be.

These screens are cool though.

Ellis Kim

Banned
ColonelColon said:
:/

And here I thought everyone learned greek mythology in middleschool.

Or watched something like Hercules.

Or played God of War.

MidnightCowboy said:
I haven't been keeping up with the game since it was announced. This is basically like Lost Planet 2 but with a fantasy setting right?
Nah, Lost Planet 2 has co-op with real humans.

Whats up with the motion Blur ? I hope it's not like that in the game.

Aside from that, it looks amazing and for some reason I am having a Narnia vibe of it.

Looking better in these screens, I quite like the blur thing they have going on

They need to fix the jank in the combat though, it looks rough as all hell in videos

ReaperXL7

I'm confused, I don't understand why all they keep showing is the exact same stuff for this. Captivate they showed the Griffon and they chimera, since then that is all they have shown over, and over, and over again. I'm interested in the game absolutely but damn, it's time to show some new footage, how about some character customization? Some open world gameplay? Anything.

Orayn

Ellis Kim said:
:/

And here I thought everyone learned greek mythology in middleschool.
The chimaera isn't exactly common knowledge like the hydra or cyclops.

MidnightCowboy said:
I haven't been keeping up with the game since it was announced. This is basically like Lost Planet 2 but with a fantasy setting right?
Kinda sorta. Looks like they're taking cues from Demon's Souls and Monster Hunter as well.
Thuway said:
Looks better than Skyrim. I said it.
In terms of graphics, sure. Bethesda's Gamebryo derivative is still fugly, but MT Framework is pure sex.

Orayn

i nerini del buio said:
lost planet 2's grass :D I guess it's mt framework and not unreal engine?
I'm 99% sure it runs on a recent version of MT Framework like all of Capcom's internally developed games.
Metalic said:
Whats up with the motion Blur ? I hope it's not like that in the game.

Aside from that, it looks amazing and for some reason I am having a Narnia vibe of it.
It's probably object motion blur, which looks really, really nice in (gasp!) motion.

Skilletor

I'd be so much more interested in this if it was online.

Screens look great, though. I'm interested. Hopefully get a lot more footage from TGS.

ironcreed

Banned
A fine looking game so far. That Gryphon and Chimera almost look like concept art. Something to look forward to next year for sure.

Orayn

Metalic said:
Skyrim doesn't use Gamebyro bro.
It's a Gamebryo derivative of some sort. I maintain that MT Framework is a lot prettier.
Cow Mengde said:
Might as well call it Dragon's Dogshit, cause that's what it looks like.
Are we looking at the same screens?

I think they are relying too much on special effects. The motion blur is hiding some janky looking animations. The models and environments look pretty good.

Aeonin

Orayn said:
The chimaera isn't exactly common knowledge like the hydra or cyclops.

It really is though.

And this game looks damn beautiful - I just hope it plays well enough to warrant it.

lastendconductor

Put your snobby liquids into my mouth!
Demon's Dogma? Dragon's Souls?
Wathever, I'll get it anyway, looks right up my alley. Open enviroments, hack and slash, not Bethesda, sold!

Orayn

Cow Mengde said:
The blurry ass generic shit there?

That said, when someone brought up Skyrim, I have to agree, this looks better than Skyrim.
Again, object motion blur is very good at making games look weird in stills but it's very nice in action. Apart from some janky animations and questionable hit detection, the actual moving footage we've seen of this game has been pretty damn impressive.

Orayn

StoppedInTracks said:
Looks like japanese God of War! Can't wait.
In terms of gameplay, Asura's Rage more accurately fits that description. Maybe.

This is more of the bastard child of Demon's Souls, Monster Hunter, and Lost Planet, with some Greek mythology thrown in for good measure.

Top Bottom