• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skyward Sword has 2nd Quest and Boss Challenge modes

jokkir

Yay. I would have made it myself but as you can see, I'm still a junior :(.

Will play this. After Twilight Princess though.

Shouldn't there just be an all inclusive new SS thread title with all the GI informer plus the conference details. There is a lot of GI details that are being overlooked.

jokkir

Hint movies too similar to OoT3D:

"Mr. Miyamoto also announces hint movies in Skyward Sword, similar to Ocarina of Time 3D. #3DSconf2011"

Did Mr. Miyamoto just announce a second play-through and boss challenge mode for Skyward Sword?

I don't know. Did he?

was anything else said? is it new game plus or like a rearranged second quest? either way, that's cool.

Second playthrough is what interests me the most, I wonder if they'll incorporate some kind of NG+ where you keep items and can sequence break the hell out of the game, or do sidequests differently, or just allow differences in progression due to enemies and puzzles...

Boss attacks are cool too though, especially if their diverse and deep enough to invest time into figuring out how to rush them.

But seriously, I wanna know about the new Cave of Ordeals! And we've still got the new Kirby to look forward too.

Orayn

HxRoO.gif

What even happened? I feel like I was hit over the head, and Nintendo shoved their
Hype
in my face... Repeatedly... and I loved it.

And just think, we were all sitting around fighting over midi's earlier today, little did we realize that later that night we would lay eyes upon what could be the finest gaming experience available to mankind.

Instro

Weren't both these features rumored a while back? Cool news either way, but iirc there were rumors that there would be a 2nd playthrough mode and it would feature significant changes to dungeons and so on.

Smellycat

This is going to be the game of the century!! I know it.

I watched the first few seconds of the footage they showed today. I don't want to be spoiled!!!

Second Quest?? I wonder what that means..

Instro said:
Weren't both these features rumored a while back? Cool news either way, but iirc there were rumors that there would be a 2nd playthrough mode and it would feature significant changes to dungeons and so on.
Yeah it was one of the points on some huge list of rumors. Wish I could find that.

VertPin

Sgt.Pepper said:
I just took a bath dammit. Gotta change pants again, or I could sleep naked.
if you sleep naked, link will personally come and visit your house and give you a present.
His Skyward Sword.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Here are the rumours:

1. Skyward Sword is complete, but still needs debugging/testing.
2. There will be a demo at E3 with three different aspects of the game explored: Flying combat, overworld + sky exploration, desert dungeon.
3. Skyward Sword girl's name is "Dorella."
4. Magician from GDC trailer's name is "Nephiburoo," he'll be a part of a group of evil sorcerers who wish to obtain the Triforce.
5. Ganondorf is in the game briefly as a child. Isn't too important to the story.
6. Zelda has a new design, similar to an Egyptian princess with brown hair. She's still recognizable however.
7. Full orchestrated soundtrack by the person responsible for Super Mario Galaxy's soundtrack. (This one is actually true, but I do wonder if the poster only put this one in to make the rumors more believable.)
8. Two overworlds: Skyloft and Hyrule. Contrast is similar to Heaven and Hell.
9. Ten minute live-action prologue that'll be posted on the net a couple of months before release. (Zelda Williams Secret Shoot? Zelda is rumored to have brown hair and take on an Egyptian princess aesthetic. It COULD fit.)
10. After you complete the game, the game goes into a storyless, neverending epilogue. Every dungeon in the game gets another dungeon inside of it utilizing everything you've obtained in the game with new bosses. New areas on the overworld are unlocked in places you wouldn't expect. Similar to the original Zelda.
11. Game will feature horse riding and boat riding. Not as expansive as seen in Twilight Princess and Wind Waker, however, but a boat will be required to complete some dungeons.
12. Coming November 1st, 2011.

apana

It feels like my dreams are coming true. This is something I've always wanted, it looks like Zelda perfected and taken to the next level.

GCX

I was also happy that
dual hookshot
is back. It was the best thing in Twilight Princess.

Top Bottom