• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skyward Sword has 2nd Quest and Boss Challenge modes

Luigiv

Duderz said:
Can someone post a picture of the Japanese Zelda box art? I didn't see the conference.

EDIT: NVM, holy crap looks goooood.

Untitled.png
CERO A? The Japanese have such weird rating standards.

maeda

Fuck, Wii is getting a 3rd contender for the game of the generation. Hype is through the roof after the trailer especially!

maeda said:
Fuck, Wii is getting a 3rd contender for the game of the generation. Hype is through the roof after the trailer especially!

SMG
SMG2
Xenoblade
Skyward Sword

That's four. Five if you include the JPN only 428.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
SMGS2 superseeds and obliterates everything about SMG. Only the former is needed on any GOTY or GOTF list.

EatChildren said:
SMGS2 superseeds and obliterates everything about SMG. Only the former is needed on any GOTY or GOTF list.
They came out in different years. It doesn't really make any sense to rule SMG out of a 2007 GOTY list just because SMG2 was better.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
wCoNf.png

50-100 hours of gameplay? one of nintendo's largest projects?

all over my goddamn face.

LOCK

A second run through?! Holy shit, GOTY became GOTF.

Thanks you Nintendo, almost relieves the pain I feel from NoA.

dwu8991

Banned
The Dutch Slayer said:
AWESOME! I'm so glad I have 2.5 weeks of vacation time around x-mas to play 100 hours of zelda and 100 hours of skyrim! :D

Now that sounds like my kind of holiday fun.

Foffy

Banned
Goddamn...maybe Reggie should have held the "best Zelda game we've ever made" for Twilight Princess and used it for Skyward Sword. It just seems more fitting.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Holy fucking Goddamn, this year was supposed to be a quiet year for my Wii, but now I have to worry about finishing freakin' Xenoblade before this comes out and rules me forevermore. That video footage was fucking amazing.

HolyTaco

Duderz said:
Can someone post a picture of the Japanese Zelda box art? I didn't see the conference.

Untitled.png

:D love dat boxart. Was thinking about special edition but....

WillyFive

Foffy said:
Goddamn...maybe Reggie should have held the "best Zelda game we've ever made" for Twilight Princess and used it for Skyward Sword. It just seems more fitting.

It does now. Skyward Sword didn't exist when Twilight Princess was coming out.

spekkeh

Banned
I never play games a second time, and boss fights are frequently the tedious but necessary interludes designed to open up new areas of the game and not something I'd want to play again.

Yet I came everywhere when I read this. Ah yes, that must be the hype train I hear rumbling.

Keeping my expectations in check about the meaning of "second play-through".

Of course, I hope I'll be pleasantly surprised but this could mean anything.

FreeMufasa

MfmMh.jpg

=(

Hype reaching astronomical levels. Although WW isn't my favourite Zelda game, I love the little references this game has from it. Like the Sword sound when you hit an enemy and the sales guy.

cajunator

Banned
Pleeeeease no delays.
I would die. Seriously. My heart couldn't take it.
I know Nintendo though, so they will destroy me first, and then make me whole again.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Chuck Norris said:
Will this game have classic control options?

No, for the same reason any game built for an analogue stick wouldn't work with a d-pad.

Incitemaybe said:
I can't remember a second playthrough on Wind Waker........unless you're sarcastically referring to being able to play without the traditional green garb once you've played through once?
You also started with the camera meaning you can now 100% the figurine collection. Might have had the figurine collection carried over too.
Edit: In the Japanese version (at least) the ancient text was also transalted to Japanese (even though it was already was and the manual even had a table for you to use...)

Nicktendo86

Not really sure why but my hype for this game died down to almost zero to the point that I have checked out pretty much no media for the past year, forgot it was out so soon actually so for the first time since OOT I'm going into a Zelda game completely unspoiled and I cannot wait after hearing all of the positive news. Bring it on!!!

Mistle

Duderz said:

Untitled.png
Man, I doubt it but I hope Australia gets this version... I like the gold, but this one is pretty much how I envisioned the SS box art to be. Seems to match the style of the game a lot better!

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
I'm getting good vibes from this game. Media was a bit stagnant before but I'm hyped for this way more than Twilight Princess.

MechaX

wtfreely said:
oh boy nintendo plays catch up to every other developer. how exciting.

What in the world? It's still like pulling teeth to get devs to have some post-game, let alone a boss rush and reopening more challenging versions of their levels.

Top Bottom