• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skyward Sword has 2nd Quest and Boss Challenge modes

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Holy Order Sol said:
Still confused about what this means.

Boss Challenge = Boss rush mode, like in Ocarina of Time 3D.
2nd Quest = Most likely 'Master Quest', again like Ocarina of Time.

Sinthetic

From 6 minutes on in that YouTube video from the conference, my mind was blown with awesomeness. I'm a hit and miss Zelda game fan, but this definitely looks like it's going to give me the love bug.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Starwolf_UK said:
Edit: In the Japanese version (at least) the ancient text was also transalted to Japanese (even though it was already was and the manual even had a table for you to use...)

Same thing happened in the English version too (as in, being made more legible). It was nice to know what the lump Valoo was saying.

HYDE

Banned
Boerseun said:
Yes! I'm all over it!

And WOW!! at the Japanese boxart. I hope they use the same one for the rest of the world.

I wish we could get a higher resolution pic of it:

vsmm88.jpg

Found a little bit better one:
902693.jpg

Please post a better one if you have it...

Medalion said:
50-100 hours

50 for the first quest
50 hours for the master 2nd quest

I don't even think that's what they mean. When they say that, it's usually the time it takes to play through once. So around 50 if you don't do any sidequests or find additional equipment and such.

I just finished watching the Nintendo Conference video with Miyamoto playing the game...there's MUCH MORE innovation than I thought. Overworld is chock-full of places you won't explore without the necessary items, stealth sections with badarse archery, animations are fantastic, bosses are huge, graphics are simply superb, Wind Fish, Gamecube references....*splurge*

RagnarokX

SovanJedi said:
Same thing happened in the English version too (as in, being made more legible). It was nice to know what the lump Valoo was saying.
All you find out is that Valoo and Jabun say "This kid isn't the Hero of Time; he sucks!"

Also there are a couple of dialogue changes referencing Link's lobster pjs.

Top Bottom