• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skyward Sword has 2nd Quest and Boss Challenge modes

Smellycat

apana said:
Where are these from? If true that sounds like Dark Interlopers are almost confirmed at this point. Dark sorcerers after the triforce?

a lot of these rumors are false though. So, take them with a grain of salt.

apana

What Miyamoto was talking about with the density of gameplay earlier, I could feel that coming through in this video. Everything looked so intricate and like a great deal of thought went to it.

Persona7

Banned
I have a feeling that second quest is going to be very underwhelming.

And Zelda finally gets a boss mode?...About time.

Chris R

I just hope the second quest is a proper challenge. Difficulty is something recent Zelda games have lacked for my tastes at least.

watershed

Banned
Sounds great. I usually replay zelda games anyways so it can only be better/more interesting to have an official second play through feature.

Crumpet Trumpet said:
I hope 2nd Quest is more like OoT's MasterQuest than Wind Waker's second playthrough....
I can't remember a second playthrough on Wind Waker........unless you're sarcastically referring to being able to play without the traditional green garb once you've played through once?

Kimosabae

Banned
Okay, I'm listening Nintendo. Didn't give two shits about this game before. I'll wait for impressions from GAF. If 2nd Quest is as interesting and challenging as the OG Zelda's 2nd Quest, this corporation's on the right path to making me care about them again.

Reversed

Is this what makes it 50 hours long? Not that I'm complaining since there could be long sidequests making it mortally boring.

In fact I'm totally impressed. It's incredible that vibrancy on visuals, nice music... could fit on a Wii disc.

Smellycat

Nintendo said that there 50-100 gameplay hours in this game.

I guess 50 for the main quest, and another 50 for the 2nd Quest and Boss Challenge mode.

artwalknoon said:
The part where Link hops over the bad guy's shield and starts cutting up his giant pink ass makes me laugh.
I agree.

We don't get near enough ass slashing in our Zelda games.

Also... *shakes violently*

This sounds pleasant.

Persona7

Banned
Smellycat said:

I guess 50 for the main quest, and another 50 for the 2nd Quest and Boss Challenge mode.
Didn't Nintendo say that Twilight was some insane number of hours?

I beat it in 25 and got almost everything.

Truth101 said:
it did?

I swear I played it a day straight and completely beat it. Though that was the day it launched and years ago so my memory might be off.

If I remember correctly, it was around 30-40 hours logged when I was done.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Logical assumption is this second quest is Skyward Sword's master quest. I'm cool with that.

HYDE

Banned
EatChildren said:
Logical assumption is this second quest is Skyward Sword's master quest. I'm cool with that.

Oh hell yes, I remember playing the OoT Master Quest after not having touched OoT in a while. Shit was epic, and challenged me to remember where stuff was, instead of just going through the motions. After playing Mario Galaxy 1/2 as well as Metroid Prime 3, and Zelda TP and now this....holy shit does Wii have an amazing library.

Don't even get me started on the awesome sidescrollers we've gotten either.

Vamphuntr

Really hyped for this. I'm a bit disappointed they showed so much during the event. Couldn't resist watching it :( . Love the style, love the boss battle they showed and the flying sequence.

Master Quest is just icing on the cake. Bundle will get.

Effect

I was going to wait for Amazon.com to ship my copy but no longer. I need this on the day of release. Stopping by Best Buy tomorrow after work to put my pre-order in. :)

So, yeah, this game is looking like it is turning out perfect.

And all those people bitching about the HUD in past builds should be pleasantly surprised by the (lack of) HUD in the new footage.

Incitemaybe said:
I can't remember a second playthrough on Wind Waker........unless you're sarcastically referring to being able to play without the traditional green garb once you've played through once?
Yeah there were a few tiny differences- "whoope~ You can now understand Hylian!" and such, which is why I'm hoping for something more substantial ala MasterQuest.

I hope that the boss challenge stuff is less like the barebones mode from OoT and more like the way you could re-fight them with better equipment in Majora's Mask (but with OoT-esque superior quantity of bosses). OoT's boss rush mode was seriously disappointing to me because it felt like I was controlling a generic Link rather than the character for whom I'd unlocked so much stuff.

wtfreely said:
oh boy nintendo plays catch up to every other developer. how exciting.

You really should have posted the neat picture.

I caved and watched it again. It was super amazing, again.

JimWood27 said:
And all those people bitching about the HUD in past builds should be pleasantly surprised by the (lack of) HUD in the new footage.

I just noticed that, thanks to you. Looks much better that way.

Duderz

Banned
Can someone post a picture of the Japanese Zelda box art? I didn't see the conference.

EDIT: NVM, holy crap looks goooood.

Untitled.png

mugwhump

Big One said:
Wasn't this on that old rumor list?
Kind of, but that list got the names of a bunch of the characters wrong, and predicted Zelda Williams would star in a live-action commercial as an Egyptian princess Zelda.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Smellycat said:

To be honest, Nintendo said Twilight Princess was gonna be 100-hours long back in the day.

Nintendo tends to lie about the specific specifics of Zelda specifics.

JDAWGZZZ

Neat but I refuse to let myself get as hyped for SS as I was for TP. I will not set myself up for disappointment this time.

Teknoman

wtfreely said:
oh boy nintendo plays catch up to every other developer. how exciting.

More like going back to its roots.

JDAWGZZZ said:
Neat but I refuse to let myself get as hyped for SS as I was for TP. I will not set myself up for disappointment this time.

Just expect a good video game and you'll be fine.

Top Bottom